PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:06 pm      Post subject: Julian Tarnowski

Hi
I need help again. My wife and I will be visiting the Tarnow area in The second half of August and I cannot locate any records for Julian Tarnowski in Poland/Russia. Julian was born on December 6, 1876. He immigrated to the United States on February 5, 1909 and listed he was from Tarnowo, Russia. He was married to Stefania (Dolengoski) Tarnowska (Born September 30, 1885). They had two young sons (while in Poland) Waldyslaw and Hipolit (Born July 27, 1905). They later had another son John and a daughter Helen born in the United States. Other than Julian coming to the USA from Poland I cannot friend any records from Poland nor can I find any immigration records of his wife and two sons.

I also believe Julian was married to Stefania in 1904.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe Torolski

Last edited by Joseph Torolski on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:25 pm      Post subject: Re: Julian Tarnowski

Joseph Torolski wrote:
Hi
I need help again. My wife and I will be visiting the Tarnow area in The second half of August and I cannot locate any records of Julian Tarnowski. Julian was born on December 6, 1876. He immigrated to the United States on February 5, 1909 and listed he was from Tarnowo, Russia. He was married to Stephanie (Dolengoski) Tarnowska (September 30, 1885). They had two young sons Waldyslaw and Hipolit (July 27, 1905). Other than Julian coming to the USA from Poland I cannot friend any records from Poland nor can I find any immigration records of his wife and two sons.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe Torolski

Hello Joe!
Your search challenge sounds similar to my own experience...

My grandfather, Jozef Gwizdowski, came to the states in 1905, and his brother came a few years before under the same surname from the town of Gwizdow. I searched records for years looking for the Gwizdowski name with no success.

Turns out the surname is an assumed one. Gwizdow-ski = from Gwizdow. With their birth dates I was able to search records looking only at the given names of the children and those of the parents. Eventually I was able to circle in and discover the surname was completely different...Bzdziuch! Who would have thought! Smile

It takes time to wrap the search effort around it, but perhaps it's something to contemplate as you move forward.

Good luck in your search!
Best,
Joe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: