PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:01 pm      Post subject: Pizsik family from Grab

I’m working on my 2x gr-grandmothers (Eva Pizsik born in 1835) family. I was finally able to find the marriage record. She married Gyorg Farisz in Bartfa (Bardejov) Slovakia. However with the translation help of a Facebook geneaology page I was told she was from Grab (Poland ? Russia?) and was Greek Catholic. So with all that said, I’ve never done research in Poland/Russia and have no idea where to begin. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I also think her god father was Andrej Vajda. I have searched ancestry and family search to no avail. Thank you all in advance.
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:45 am      Post subject: Re: Pizsik family from Grab

Lmbossart wrote:
I’m working on my 2x gr-grandmothers (Eva Pizsik born in 1835) family. I was finally able to find the marriage record. She married Gyorg Farisz in Bartfa (Bardejov) Slovakia. However with the translation help of a Facebook geneaology page I was told she was from Grab (Poland ? Russia?) and was Greek Catholic. So with all that said, I’ve never done research in Poland/Russia and have no idea where to begin. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I also think her god father was Andrej Vajda. I have searched ancestry and family search to no avail. Thank you all in advance.

Hello Lmbossart,

Welcome to our forum!
I think that the village "Grab" you are looking for is the one near today Polish-Slovakia border, please take a look at the map: https://goo.gl/maps/Dp2ky9HBYuA69Ng59
It is located 24 kilometers from Bardejov.
Records of the Greek-Catholic parish in Grab are available for the years: 1784-1871. They are stored in the State Archive in Przemyśl.
If you wish PolishOrigins' assistance with this research, please fill out the Genealogy Research Request form or contact us by email: [email protected].

With best regards from Poland,
Katarzyna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: