PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:14 am      Post subject: Polish comment on German birth record

Hello,

I need some help with a Polish comment on an German birth record. The birth record says basically that the unmaried Ernstine Stöck gave birth to the child Selma Martha on May 1, 1890. There is a comment from 1937 written in Polish on the right side of this record that is attached here. I would appreciate a translation.

Best regards,
Michael

Polish comment on German birth record.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.62 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Polish comment on German birth record.JPG

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:45 pm      Post subject:

Hi Michael,

I read the text as pretty much this (with a few words that I am uncertain of):

"Zagrodnik August Müller zamieszkały w Dąbin gmina Rojewo powiat Inowrocsku, aktem z dnia 18. października 17 r. uznad przed notariuszem Dr. Mikołajem Gryzieckim w Inowrocdarzu swoje ojcostwo obok podanego dziecka Ernestyny Stőck.
Matka dziecka wyszła zaniąż nosi obecnie nazwisko Krüger i zamieszkuje w miejsa wości Bitow, Regierungsbezirk Kosslin. Rajewo, dnia 25. października 1937 r. "

I hope someone fluent in Polish comments here. My impression is that the father of the child is being named as August Müller, according to a 1917 document by a notary, and that the mother now goes by the name of Krüger.

Best,
Sophia
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 pm      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi Michael,

"Zagrodnik August Müller zamieszkały w Dąbin gmina Rojewo powiat Inowrocsku, aktem z dnia 18. października 17 r. uznad przed notariuszem Dr. Mikołajem Gryzieckim w Inowrocdarzu swoje ojcostwo obok podanego dziecka Ernestyny Stőck.
Matka dziecka wyszła zaniąż nosi obecnie nazwisko Krüger i zamieszkuje w miejsa wości Bitow, Regierungsbezirk Kosslin. Rajewo, dnia 25. października 1937 r. "

I hope someone fluent in Polish comments here. My impression is that the father of the child is being named as August Müller, according to a 1917 document by a notary, and that the mother now goes by the name of Krüger.

Best,
Sophia

Hi Michael & Sophia,

The notation translates thus: August Müller, a gardener (i.e. one who owned a cottage & sufficient land for a garden and/or some livestock, but not for market crops) residing in Dąbie, gmina (township) of Rojewo, powiat (county) of Inowrocław in the act/record of the 18th day of October of the year 1(cut off) before the notary Mikołaj Gryziecki in Inowrocław acknowledges his paternity of the child named Ernestyna Stőck.
The mother of the child married and uses the surname Krüger and resides in the town/village/place Bitow,Regierungbezirk(?) Kosslin.

(Given at) Rajewo on the 25th day of October in the year 1937.

Signature of the civil registrar.

Attached is a map showing the locations mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.88 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:43 am      Post subject:

Sophia, Dave,

Thank you for your support and the additional effort in proviing the map. This is very helpful for me.

Michael
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 am      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi Michael,

Best,
Sophia

A farmer*, August Muller, residing in Dabie located within Rojewo Commune in Inowroclaw County, through the act of 18 October {year illegible} and before the notary Mikolaj Gryzucki in Inowroclaw, admitted paternity of the child of Ernestyna Stock, who is recorded nearby. The mother of the child got married and currently bears the surname Kruger. She is now residing in Butow**, located within Regierungsbezirk Koslin.

Rojewo, the 25th day of October 1937.

(signed), Acting Civil Registrar

NOTES:

*Literally “zagrodnik”.

**See 54° 10′ 6″ N, 17° 29′ 30″ E. This is the probable location of the town referred to above.

Last edited by Fantom on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 am      Post subject:

Thanks a lot. Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: