PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:43 pm      Post subject: Death Records, Janowo & some questions

Hi and thank you for all the previous help. Wow it has been a long time since I've posted here!

I believe I have cracked a brick wall, but I am not certain? I have been looking for years for either my ancestor's marriage or death records. Well I found no marriage record still, but I found one ancestor's death record and what I'm pretty certain is the other ancestor's death record.

One, I have finally found record of my ancestor Karolina Naplowska married name maluchnik death.
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=D&w=14wm&rid=D&search_lastname=maluchnik&search_name=&search_lastname2=nap*&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

However, it lists no parents. My question, does that mean the parents aren't listed on her death certificate?

And how do I get the record? Cannot understand why it isn't online when so many other Janowo parish records are!

Now as for my other ancestor,
By process of elimination, I believe the Anton Maluchnik with father Pawel mother Józefa is my Antoni. I could not find this Antoni in any birth or marriage records. So it matches up. I also have had kind people rule out all the other Antoni Maluchnik deaths here: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=D&w=14wm&rid=D&search_lastname=maluchnik&search_name=anton&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=1999 and here http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=D&w=07mz&rid=D&search_lastname=maluchnik&search_name=anton&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1902&to_date=1999 This one cannot be ruled out though because there is no online image. (There are no deaths of Anton Maluchnik in the other polish states. )

This Anton's parents married in 1846 (assuming thats the same Jozefa) http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=14wm&rid=S&search_lastname=maluchnik&search_name=pawel&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=1970 So the age is likely right for being mine.

Further evidence this is my, Antoni. My research proved those parents also had a son Franciszek Maluchnik who had a daughter Alexandra Maluchnik. This Alexandra Maluchnik was on a boat with my ancestor's brother August maluchnik, and they were listed as siblings, however, I know for sure that they are not siblings. (I am 100% confident this record is of my August Maluchnik, based on obit and other records I know the info is correct). I am thinking they could be cousins.

However there is a problem as I explained in this topic years ago https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=28083&sid=b665f3cf6f2ed1b93b5578c68128fb27 As said in that topic,"And unfortunately my Maluchnik's gave incorrect info of relation on their manifests, 1 referred to heading to his father Frank Maluchnik in NY on his passenger manifest and another refereed to heading to his father Joseph in Chicago. My ancestors parents were Antoni Maluchnik and Karolina Naplowska according to all their birth records. The birth dates match mine, which also match the birth date on the naturalization papers where they put the date of their ship arrivals....so there is no way I have the wrong manifests. In fact I have just about every document I can find and get from Naturalization papers, to marriages to death certificates. I have noticed other then the passenger manifests at least 1 of my ancestors siblings deliberately gave both wrong birth date on her marriage record where it asked, yet on her husbands nat papers gave the correct one. She also gives wrong mothers name on her marriage record. Since I have her birth record that matches birth date on her naturalization papers, I know it's mine. "

Any ideas on one how to get the death records I need and two why multiple ancestors would delibertly give false info on documents?
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 am      Post subject:

Lyn1982,

My question, does that mean the parents aren't listed on her death certificate? Yes you are correct. On the death certificate (attached) it states that her two sons Józef and Ludwik registered her death and did not know where their mother was born, her maiden name or who her parents were. She was registered as being 84 years of age at the time of death on the 15th of August. You can use this (less than reliable fact) to narrow down the years of her birth. I would focus on the years +/- 5 years around 1936-84=1852, starting in 1852 and working out +/- 1 years at a time.

Cannot understand why it isn't online when so many other Janowo parish records are!
The majority of scanned records and associated indexes are done by volunteers. Geneteka and Genbaza are merely the central repositories for the myriad of volunteers who undertake this work. Volunteers generally decide what they digitise and what they index. Unfortunately this doesn’t always align to our personal areas of interest. I some cases volunteers may gain on-site access to original registers to transcribe the annual indexes. While not ideal for us “desk-genealogists” it does at least narrow down our search focus. And when you get on that plane to fly to the mother country you know exactly which parish to visit and exactly which record number to look up !

why multiple ancestors would deliberately give false info on documents
Don’t assume that your ancestors deliberately gave the wrong information. The immigration officer may have misheard what they said given that they would have a heavy accent and typically poor English language. Equally, your ancestors might have wanted to present themselves as younger than they actually were assuming that this would enhance their acceptability in their new country. Or .. they just didn’t know. You ancestors are not the first to have their details misrecorded by immigration officials.

So, am I safe to assume….
One of the cardinal rules of genealogy is never ASSUME – your mantra should AWAYS be “Show me the hard evidence”. I recently reviewed some of my genealogy research I did 20 years ago when I first started out. And as you guessed, when I reviewed the assumptions I made at the time I had to throw away a significant branch of my research, based on records made available online in the last couple years. Assumptions should only be used to assist in deciding where to look next when looking for that elusive record.

Wishing you continued success.

Karolina Maluchnik Death Cert 1936.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  791.51 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Karolina Maluchnik Death Cert 1936.JPG

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 am      Post subject: problem

Lyn1982,

I started my morning coffee reading the above and trying verify. 6 hours later I have not much.

Best,
Elzbieta

First I checked Pawel's parents, and found TWO August Maluchnik, same age, married to Elzbieta (one is Elzbieta Laszczek, one uknown, but not Laszczek). See below. This is no related to your question, just an outcome I did not expect.

Concerning children of Antoni and Karolina: some infos from the marriage record of Ludwik, in Russian. His age is 24, therefore born in 1880. Place of birth: village Róg, Zembrzus. There is no birth record of Ludwik.

1904 13 Ludwik Maluchnik Antoni, Karolina Napałowska Apolonia Modłkowska Leon, Prakseda Szczepkowska Janowo [Uwagi: kawaler lat 24 urodzony w Rogu, panna lat 27 urodzona w Zembrzus Miejscowość: Zembrzus] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]

Alas no scans on line.
Collection: 42/635/0 Digital copies: 0
Akta stanu cywilnego Parafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Janowie
1826-1855, 1857-1857, 1859-1913
History of the creator (...)wadzono w języku polskim, a od 1868 r. w języku rosyjskim. W księgach stanu cywilnego Prafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Janowie występują następujące miejscowości: Janowo, Jarki, Jarzyny Kierz, Krzyżewo, Lipowiec, Opiłki Płoskie, Rembowo, Ryki-Borkowo, Stara Wieś (Płoskie), Szczepkowo-Giewarty, Szemplino Czarne, Szemplino Wielkie, Święchy (Płoskie), Wólka Zdziwójska, Zdziwój, Zembrzus-Mokry Grunt.
Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie

For the record: BIRTH
1888 45 Jan Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1890 140 Marianna Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1895 44 Józefa Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Uwagi: Józefa Gadomska zd.Maluchnik zmarła w dn.1968.10.07 w Rapaty Sulimy, USC Chorzele Nr aktu 66/68] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1898 128 Józef Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1903 28 Franciszek Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
==
And DEATH: -- NOTE: Rog parish Najdenburg Prussian Kingdom -- should be Róg, Wielbark, Oltersburg (Szczytno)
1886 61 Jan Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Uwagi: lat 7 urodzony w Rogu parafia Najdenburg w Królestwie Pruskim] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1886 64 Franciszek Maluchnik Antoni Karolina Napałowska Janowo Zembrzus [Uwagi: lat 9 urodzony w Rogu parafia Najdenburg w Królestwie Pruskim] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]
1936 47 Karolina Maluchnik [Inne nazwiska: Napałowska ] Janowo Zembrzus Mokry Grunt [Uwagi: zd.Napałowska] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Urząd Stanu Cywilnego ] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]

BELOW:
>>
This Anton's parents married in 1846 (assuming thats the same Jozefa) http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=14wm&rid=S&search_lastname=maluchnik&search_name=pawel&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=1970 So the age is likely right for being mine.
<<
1846 9 Paweł Maluchnik Augustyn, Elżbieta Laszczek Józefa Zbrzezna Maciej, Marianna Sierakowska Janowo [ Miejscowość: Wólka Zdziwujska] [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie 10-521 Olsztyn, ul. Partyzantów 18] [Indeks dodał: gosiagosia2 Weryfikował: beatabistram]

There is a death record of Elżbieta spouse Augustyn Maluchnik:
1834 39 Elżbieta Maluchnik Krzynowłoga Mała Kaki Mroczki [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie oddział w Pułtusku ul. Zaułek 22 06-100 Pułtusk] [Indeks dodał: Incognito]

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0130d&sy=1834&kt=3&plik=38-41.jpg#zoom=2&x=164&y=1616

The record states:
DATE-of-RECORD: Krzynowloga Mala, 13 May 1834, 9 am,
WITNESSES: Balcer Ambroch, 38 y, and Marcin Geyda, 60 y, residing in Kaki Mroczki
DATE-of-DEATH: 11 May 1834, 11 pm, died Elzbieta Maluchnikowa, daughter of unknown name of parents, residing in Kaki Mroczki, 34 y old
WIDOW: Augustyn Maluchnik
CHILDREN-left-BEHIND: Jan lat 20, Tomasz lat 8, Jozef lat 2, Stanislaw lat 9, Anna lat 11

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:36 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Lyn1982,

Hi, is Karolina's death record on line?

Best,
Elzbieta
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:50 am      Post subject: Olsztyn archives:Maluchnik born between 1846-1856 (1871)

FIRTS: URL for Janowo, because it's more than well hidden, you do not have direct URL!
Zespół 635
[Akta stanu cywilnego Parafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Janowie]

Here is year 1846 (random choice, the important is to have "POWROT")
http://olsztyn.ap.gov.pl/baza/skany.php?z=635&s=21

When you click "POWROT" in the bottom, you get to the list of what they have. I made it to get there, but no way to get to the list without answering questions.

SECOND: conclusions from Ludwik marriage in 1904 - the groom Ludwik is 24, therefore born 1880, earlier that other children of Antoni and Karolina, as per list of birth.

That means Ludwik's father Antoni is 20 approx in 1880, the birth-estimate: born before 1860.

Antoni's supposed father Pawel married Józefa Zbrzezna in 1846, he was widow, 35 year old, she was 22.

I checked all Olsztyn records for birth, searching for any baby Maluchnik, between 1847 and 1871 (I should stop in 1856), and looking for father's name Pawel.
Only one baby, Jozefa born in 1852, is of father Pawel, any other Maluchnik in records of Olsztyn is son of Jan.
BUT: two years or records are missing: 1856, 1858.

The birth record of baby Franciszek contains the DEATH record of his father Pawel.
1857 21 Franciszek Maluchnik Paweł Józefa Brzyzna Janowo Wólka Zdziwujska
DATE-of-BIRTH-Franciszek: /1/13/ March 1857, son of the late Pawel Maluchnik, died /2/14/ Aug 1856 , 50 y, and Jozefa nee Brzyzna 30 y.

Therefore if Antoni son of Pawel, then the only possibility would be 1856, the missing year of archives.

EDITED This Antoni to be checked - if he died in Poland, and if parents are Paweł and Józefa Brzezna, then he is not your Antoni:
1916 2 Antoni Maluchnik Paweł Józefa Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Urząd Stanu Cywilnego ] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]

Best,
Elzbieta

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:52 pm      Post subject:

Wow, thank you Pabian! How did you get the attached copy of her death? When I looked it wasn't online and they only had up to 1913 online.

That's really unfortunate though that they didn't know her maiden name or anything else. I had hoped when I finally found her death record that it might tell her parents names. As finding her and Anton's marriage record has eluded me.

Thank you for all the additional info as well. I'll try to not assume this, my ancestors according to their ship manifests are connected to several other maluchnik families and unfortunately I cannot determine the relationship of the two possibily related Maluchnik branches to each other
Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:54 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Elzbieta . I actually had the two eldest known children of Anton and Karolina death records translated on here before. Jan and Franzicek Maluchnik born aprox 1877 and 1879. A kind person on here translated them before for me as

"Completed in posad [suburb] of Janow on 26 July/7 August, 1886, at 8:00 PM. Appeared Anton Maluchnik, worker, age 38, father of the deceased, and Franciszek Waslewski, householder, age 23, both residing in the village of Zembrzus and declared that on 23 July/4 August of the current year at 6:00 PM died in the village of Zembrzus FRANCISZEK MALUCHNIK, age 9 years, son of Anton and Karolina nee Napalowska Maluchnik, legal marriage, born in the village of Rogu [?], Kingdom of Prussia, Neu Bemburg parish and residing with is parents, laborers, in the village of Zembrzus. Death of Franciszek Maluchnik confirmed by eyewitnesses. This act read aloud to the illiterate and signed only by me. Rector of Janow parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Jozef Grandyszewski."

and
"Completed in posad [suburb] Janow on 23 July/4 August, 1886, at 10:00 AM. Appeared Anton Maluchnik, worker, age 38, father of the deceased, and Konstanty Lowicki, worker, age 30, both residing in the village of Zembrzus, and declared that yesterday at 3:00 AM died in the village of Zembrzus JAN MALUCHNIK, age 7 years, son of Anton and Karolina nee Napalowska Maluchnik, legal marriage, born in the village of Rogu [?], Kingdom of Prussia, Neu Bemburg [?] parish, and residing with is parents, laborers, in the village of Zembrzus. Death of Jan Maluchnik verified by eyewitnesses. This act read to the illiterate witnesses and signed only by me. Rector of Janow parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Jozef Grandyszewski."

So these records put Anton's aprox birth date as 1848. Definitely doesn't seem too consistent, all the records of him. I also have most (if not all) the childrens birth records translated. I'll see if I can find those and copy them here, tho not sure if it will help much.

Where is Neu bemburg parish? Would that have meant they were born here? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neu-Bamberg But, someone before told me there were no Naplowski's in that area, so I dunno. They have been researching Naplowski surname for many years and they told me "I don't think this town will fit because if the Name Napolowski is what I think it is than it comes from the east such as Belarus or Lithuania or Latvia"
Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 pm      Post subject:

Zembrus and that Neu Bemburg are very far away, so it seems unlikely to be the right location. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Zembrzus-Mokry+Grunt,+Poland/55546+Neu-Bamberg,+Germany/@50.3552514,6.8289266,4.96z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x471dc171ee34534b:0xed5c2a75fafe7cc0!2m2!1d20.6451813!2d53.2790272!1m5!1m1!1s0x47bdf667b99a5d23:0x422d4d510dad110!2m2!1d7.9242271!2d49.7989521

11 hour drive away! I know sometimes people traveled in those days, but that seems really odd to me. So there must be a Neu Bamburg parish elsewhere.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:17 pm      Post subject: Geography:

I checked whatever death record in Cyrillic, written "Rog parish Najdenburg Prussian Kingdom" -- should be Róg, Wielbark, Oltersburg (Szczytno), the name Oltersburg is well written, no mistake, alternate name of Szczytno.

Cluster-villages-Janowo.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.85 KB

Cluster-villages-Janowo.JPG

Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm      Post subject:

these are all the (somewhat) confirmed children I have for Antoni and Karolina and how I confirmed them:

Franciszek Maluchnik 1877–1886 - (death record confirmation)
Jan Maluchnik 1879–1886 (death record confirmation)
Ludwig Maluchnik 1880– (based off his marriage record)
august Maluchnik 1881–1948 (no records, but confirmed via fact sister Mary Maluchnik mentions him as her brother in her passenger manifest and her birthdate matches birthdate of a record for a child they had)
anthony maluchnik 1885–1926 (no records, assumption based off fact he married Stanislaw's wife before he did)
John Frank Maluchnik 1888–1948 (birth record)
maryanna Maluchnik 1890–1968 (birth record)
Stanley L. Maluchnik 1892–1983 (marriage record (father Anton mother Karolina) and also assumption based off passenger manifest that I have confirmed via nat papers is him where he is heading to brother August in same town that August settled in)
Jozefa Maluchnik 1895–1968 (birth record)
Joseph Maluchnik 1898– (birth record)
Franciszek Maluchnik 1903– (birth record)

Truthfully, I don't know whether I decend from Anthony or Stanislaw because their wife Margaret was married to both and my ancestor (who was a twin) was born 9 months and 2 weeks after Anthony died but before she married Stanislaw. I've assumed this whole time that Anthony and Stanislaw were brothers, but maybe they are cousins instead? I cannot find either of their births, so have had to piece together everything with passenger manifests and other stuff. However, a sinking thought is, since August and John Frank both lied on their passenge manifests about who their fathers were (August says he is heading to father Frank and John Frank says he is heading to father Josef Maluchnik) then whats to say my ancestors didn't lie about their relations on their manifests? However Stanislaw's marriage record does say his parents were Anton Maluchnik and Karolina (but mothers surname is very mispelled as Krosky or such)
Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Olsztyn archives:Maluchnik born between 1846-1856 (1871)

[quote="Elzbieta Porteneuve]

EDITED This Antoni to be checked - if he died in Poland, and if parents are Paweł and Józefa Brzezna, then he is not your Antoni:
1916 2 Antoni Maluchnik Paweł Józefa Janowo Zembrzus [Miejsce przechowywania ksiąg: Urząd Stanu Cywilnego ] [Indeks dodał: Izabela_Czaplicka]

Best,
Elzbieta[/quote]

I'm confused. Why not? My Anton didn't immigrate far as I know. I mean the Senior Anton. Sorry, guess it gets confusing. He also had a son Anton whom may be my ancestor (or it may be Stanislaw as I explained above).
Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:17 pm      Post subject:

Regarding the manifests and my ancestors siblings putting wrong fathers down:

Jan (john frank( Maluchnik birth born Parish Janowo ,on -line in ,,Metryki" .Vital records of birth Jan Maluchnik ,March 17 1888,father Antoni 40 years and mother Karolina nee Napałowska ,28 years ,village of Zembrzus

I know that John Frank settled in chicago. He is heading to a father Josef on Sept 26, 1910 and his arrival date and his nat records with matching birthdate confirm it has to be him (actually the birthdate is near matching it has the day 1 off and year by 2, but pretty sure its him)

(Oddly enough theres 2 Jan Maluchnik's of simular age who settled in Chicago) the other one I traced back some but could not find relation to.

Nor have I been able to find the Josef Maluchnik Jan is heading to.

It's all so very odd, I also have my ancestors brother August Maluchnik (with a sister Alexandra) heading to father Frank Maluchnik on his manifest, and I can confirm that that is also the right manifest. My Anton and karolina have no daughter Alexandra Maluchnik but as I said above if Anton's parents are who I think they are that would mean that August and Alexandra were cousins. As Pawel and Jozefa did have a son Frank whom had a daughter Alexandra.

But, maybe August isn't my ancestors brother (I;ve found no birth for him), but then why in August's obit did he mention being survived by brother Stanislaw Maluchnik of New York and why in what I've confirmed via nat papers is my ancestor, is my Stanislaw heading to brother August Maluchnik? Has to be him.

This is just all so strange. Putting their fathers as Josef and Frank on the manifests is definitely giving false info, I don't understad why they would do that. But, those Jan and Frank are actual people (haven't found who the Josef is but they put an address for him on the manifest).

Here is the manifests in question.
John Frank Maluchniks https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger-details/czoxMjoiMTAxNDQwMDUwMDk0Ijs=/czo4OiJtYW5pZmVzdCI7

August Maluchnik (cannot find his online, so I'll upload what I've saved)

Don't have August's nat papers, but I know that ones mine, because my ancestor Stanislaw is heading to brother August in the same location where this August lived. It's a small town in pennsylania, so no chance it's not the same August (plus no other August Maluchnik settled there).

Also uploading John Franks page of nat papers. The birthdate closely matches the one confirmed as son of Anton and Karolina. Yet somehow he is heading to father Josef in his manifest.

I'm obviosuly related to the Pawel and Jozefa Maluchnik line somehow, since August is on boat with their son Franks daughter Alexandra. But, I cannot seem to tie in the Josef Maluchnik that John Frank is heading to in his manifest to their line. Trying to find that Josef didn't prove very fruitful either. I will note that I discovered many Maluchnik's in chicago that I traced back to a different Maluchnik branch. Those ones traced back to a Jan Maluchnik and Malgorzata Oleksik. Cannot seem to tie that into the Pawel Maluchnik line but it must tie in somehow.

johnfrankmaluchniknatpapers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.39 KB

johnfrankmaluchniknatpapers.jpg

augustmaluchnikpassengermanifest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  598.31 KB

augustmaluchnikpassengermanifest.jpg

Lyn1982

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for correct location for Rogu Elzbieta, is there anyway to find those records? Or for me to look manually in the indexes there for Anton and karolinas marriage record? Since it doesn't come up in any search
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:12 pm      Post subject:

Lyn1982 wrote:
Thank you for correct location for Rogu Elzbieta, is there anyway to find those records? Or for me to look manually in the indexes there for Anton and karolinas marriage record? Since it doesn't come up in any search

Lyn, I have no idea. Just spent some time trying to see Szczytno/Wielbark (not city, byt countryside near city) records in Olsztyn archives. It is in German - which would mean easier to understand than Cyrillic, but there is no index of names, so each time you have zillion of pages to browse with your eyes. I tried 1885 and 1887 (for two little boys, 7 y, and 9 y, record of death from 1886), but did not have a chance. I am absolutely not sure if I tried anything correct, I wanted see Olsztyn Civil Records.

I made an excel for Maluchnik Antoni, to help me. I can match with colors some records.

Best,
Elzbieta

Maluchnik-Antoni.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Maluchnik-Antoni.xls
 Filesize:  65.5 KB
 Downloaded:  681 Time(s)

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Olsztyn archives:Maluchnik born between 1846-1856 (1871)

Lyn1982 wrote:
[quote="Elzbieta Porteneuve]

Best,
Elzbieta

Lyn1982 wrote:
I'm confused. Why not? My Anton didn't immigrate far as I know. I mean the Senior Anton. Sorry, guess it gets confusing. He also had a son Anton whom may be my ancestor (or it may be Stanislaw as I explained above).

That is my misunderstanding, I thought that Antoni Maluchnik son of Pawel, probably born 1856, emigrated to the US.
It would be good to see this record from 1916.

We know that Pawel Maluchnik, died /2/14/ Aug 1856, the year of birth of Antoni.

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: