PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:38 am      Post subject: best way to send money

I want to send about $100 to a relative. Is it best to just send a check or should I use a company? I only have her home address, not a bank account.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 am      Post subject: Re: best way to send money

dgawell wrote:
I want to send about $100 to a relative. Is it best to just send a check or should I use a company? I only have her home address, not a bank account.

No check. Last time I had a check to cash from Canada (railways), the bank cost of cashing check was superior to the check amount - I kept it for a while as 150 Canadian dollars souvenir, and a lesson.

I have no idea if sending money to the post office will do (Western Union takes 20% or 25% of the total amount as fees).

Other option: ask your relative. Ask her for IBAN and BIC/SWIFT.

Best,
Elzbieta
vbstar2010
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm      Post subject: Re: best way to send money

dgawell wrote:

==

You can send money via Xoom.com with just an email address. All they would need to do is setup an account/register with Paypal.

Jump to: