PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:09 pm      Post subject: Questions about Strzegowo Records Post 1912

Greetings everyone,

This past May I had the opportunity to visit the Village where my Great-Great Grandmother's family was from. I also was able to visit the village where my Great-Great Grandmother resided before she immigrated to America in 1912. I was blessed to be able to come across the grave for my Great-Great-Great Grandparents along with my Great-Great Grandmother's sister, who was buried in their family plot.

While in Strzegowo I managed to visit the local Urzad Stanu Cywilnego and with limited help was able to speak to a clerk in Ewidencja Ludnosci to inquire records about what happened to My Great-Great-Great Grandparents and the family that resided in Strzegowo post 1912. I had limited usage of a translator (which I surmise was one of my greatest issues)

Unfortunately I ran into several 'road-blocks.' The marker on the grave site only lists the ages of my 3rd Great Grandparents and my Great-Aunt. Almost all the records I've accumulated on my 3rd Great Grandfather, Szczepan Zielinski, indicate that he was born in 1851 and died in 1913 at the age of 62. Unfortunately the records online only go up to 1912. My 3rd Great Grandmother, Julianna Lazarewicz, possible passed away around the early 1940s as her date of birth has been presumed to be around 1958.

Any information about what happened in Poland once my Great Grandmother immigrated to America is now lost to history, unfortunately. About 17 years ago one of my distant cousins from the Zielinski lineage wrote to my Grandfather from Poland. Years later my Grandfather suffered a stroke and was unable to recall where the letter came from.

Anyways, I was able to head north and visit the Archives at Mlawa. I don't know if it was misinterpretation between the clerks there and myself but I was told that records from 1913 would be online but I can't seem to locate any of these anywhere and I don't believe the clerk in Ewidencja Ludnosci was able to see if these records were still in their possession, despite being 100+ years older.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Questions about Strzegowo Records Post 1912

JDombrowski89 wrote:
Greetings everyone,

This past May I had the opportunity to visit the Village where my Great-Great Grandmother's family was from. I also was able to visit the village where my Great-Great Grandmother resided before she immigrated to America in 1912. I was blessed to be able to come across the grave for my Great-Great-Great Grandparents along with my Great-Great Grandmother's sister, who was buried in their family plot.

While in Strzegowo I managed to visit the local Urzad Stanu Cywilnego and with limited help was able to speak to a clerk in Ewidencja Ludnosci to inquire records about what happened to My Great-Great-Great Grandparents and the family that resided in Strzegowo post 1912. I had limited usage of a translator (which I surmise was one of my greatest issues)

Unfortunately I ran into several 'road-blocks.' The marker on the grave site only lists the ages of my 3rd Great Grandparents and my Great-Aunt. Almost all the records I've accumulated on my 3rd Great Grandfather, Szczepan Zielinski, indicate that he was born in 1851 and died in 1913 at the age of 62. Unfortunately the records online only go up to 1912. My 3rd Great Grandmother, Julianna Lazarewicz, possible passed away around the early 1940s as her date of birth has been presumed to be around 1958.

Any information about what happened in Poland once my Great Grandmother immigrated to America is now lost to history, unfortunately. About 17 years ago one of my distant cousins from the Zielinski lineage wrote to my Grandfather from Poland. Years later my Grandfather suffered a stroke and was unable to recall where the letter came from.

Anyways, I was able to head north and visit the Archives at Mlawa. I don't know if it was misinterpretation between the clerks there and myself but I was told that records from 1913 would be online but I can't seem to locate any of these anywhere and I don't believe the clerk in Ewidencja Ludnosci was able to see if these records were still in their possession, despite being 100+ years older.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will make phone call to Mława archives and to Strzegowo registry office and ask about it

PAYPAL: [email protected]
JDombrowski89

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Marcel,

If you need additional information from me please let me know and I can supply it.

Regards,

JD
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: