PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 am      Post subject: Help tracing the Bublewicz family Wilno 1920s-40s

I am looking at trying to track down any information or relatives of my Grandad who was born in Poland in 1922.

I don't have a lot or complete information on my grandad as he came to the UK after ww2, changed his surname and spoke very little to my Dad & uncle regarding his past. The information we have is as follows:

Born: Michal Bublewicz, Gajowka, Wilno 17.8.1922
Parents: We believe were Feliks Bublewicz and Jozefa Bublewicz
Siblings: According to next of kin information on army records he had a Brother called Jozef Bublewicz

My grandad had resided in Broszniow, Dolina, Stanislawow (South eastern Poland) before the outbreak of ww2 so would have been only 17 and therefore assume he had moved with parents.

Jozef Bublewicz according to legal next of kin on Polish Resettlement Corps Army form had resided in Gerwiaty, Wilno, North Eastern Poland

My grandad changed his name to Romanienko (we don't know why) after the war and died in 1977 so we have reached a dead end with our search as all correspondences have to be done in Polish.

If any one has any info that can help or can help with traces the villages please message. Thanks

Michal Pics 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.62 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Michal Pics 2.jpg

Michal Pics 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.89 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Michal Pics 1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: