PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:22 pm      Post subject: Czerwalaskowia? Cherwa Laskowia ?

I am trying to find the town of last residence given by one of my subjects (husband's relative) who was making a return trip to USA after he had gone there originally in 1909, lived in New Jersey until 1914, returned to Poland and sailed to USA again in 1923. In the intervening time he was married then widowed. The Polish contact he gives is his father-in-law who lives in "Czerwalaskowia", Poland according to the typewritten entry in the ships manifest. My subject also gives this as his last place of residence. I cannot locate such a place. Any help with possible pronunciation or with the possibility of transcription errors or the like would be greatly appreciated? The subject's name is Jan Maty and his father-in-law's name is "Flisan" "Kropalski". Thanks, Lilli
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:44 pm      Post subject: Re: Czerwalaskowia? Cherwa Laskowia ?

LillioftheWest wrote:
I am trying to find the town of last residence given by one of my subjects (husband's relative) who was making a return trip to USA after he had gone there originally in 1909, lived in New Jersey until 1914, returned to Poland and sailed to USA again in 1923. In the intervening time he was married then widowed. The Polish contact he gives is his father-in-law who lives in "Czerwalaskowia", Poland according to the typewritten entry in the ships manifest. My subject also gives this as his last place of residence. I cannot locate such a place. Any help with possible pronunciation or with the possibility of transcription errors or the like would be greatly appreciated? The subject's name is Jan Maty and his father-in-law's name is "Flisan" "Kropalski". Thanks, Lilli

Lilli
In my opinion both Czerwalaskowia and Ruszolimko (the place he declared as his birth place) were transcription errors. If he is the one who came in 1909, the place mentioned is Laskowinki. Again, missepelled, but it mentions Lomza, so this may be a clue.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
LillioftheWest

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:14 pm      Post subject: Thank you for your suggestion

Ruskołeka is the place the relative is from, as I found out last week. I don't know if that gives any clues as to what the particular mispronunciation involved in the other place name might be. Lilli
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Thank you for your suggestion

LillioftheWest wrote:
Ruskołeka is the place the relative is from, as I found out last week. I don't know if that gives any clues as to what the particular mispronunciation involved in the other place name might be. Lilli

Lilli,

I still think Czerwaloswakia is the misspelling for Laskowiec (Laskowink in the manifest). Laskowiec was in Lomza area by then and it is just about 12 miles (as the crow flies) from Stara Ruskoleka.
All these places, Kalinowo included, here
http://maps.mapywig.org/m/WIG_maps/series/100K_300dpi/P37_S34_OSTROW_MAZOWIECKA_1935_300dpi_bcuj298342-288244.jpg

distance by Google:
https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/Stary+Laskowiec,+Pol%C3%B4nia/07-305+Stara+Rusko%C5%82%C4%99ka,+Pol%C3%B4nia/@52.8995085,22.191624,11z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x471fb9e62821a4ab:0x794a52fa407a8fd2!2m2!1d22.2964445!2d52.9516062!1m5!1m1!1s0x471faf0b836cf8e1:0xb5bb65de3eb99647!2m2!1d22.1294718!2d52.8248505

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: