PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 am      Post subject: Family from Pruchnik or Chorzow, Jaroslaw, Poland

I'm researching my family lineage and have found that my family comes from the small village of Chorzow that is located East of Pruchnik in Jaroslaw County in Southeastern Poland.

My Great Grandfather Martin Trzeciak (b: 11/1878) married Anna Bak (b:3/1878) and had one son (b:1903) in Chorzow, Jaroslaw, Galicia/Poland. The Baptism record for this son (1904) states the Diocese: Przemysl, Dean: Pruchnik, Parochial: Pruchnik, destinato pro: Chorzow, Father: Martinus Trzeciak fil, Antonil et Sophia Cislo/Cisio, Mother: Anna Bak fla, Josephae Bak, Patrinorum: Casimirus Plachta and Anna Motyka. Family reports state that Josepha Bak's maiden name is Wilk. Anna and son migrated to the US in 1907 (have their manifest), Martin was already in the US at this time (have not located manifest). Anna and son's ship manifest states that their place of birth was Chorzow and that Anna's mother Josefa Bak, Chorzow, was last residence, as well as, Martin Trzeciak II.

I am looking for any information. I would be really excited to find relatives in the United States.

Any assistance, help, or guidance will be gladly received and accepted.
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:32 pm      Post subject:

Hi ewhitley1,
Welcome to Polish Origins. I used to live in Dallas. The Colony is a lovely place.

It was not clear in your message whether you are looking for info available in the US. Your g-grandfather Martin and family are listed in the 1910, 1920 and 1930 Census living in Dayton, Ohio. Please let me know whether you already have this information - the entry for the 1910 Census has a name correction made by an ancestry.com member with screen name xxtbearxx with the statement: This is my great grandfather.

It looks like you have alot of information associated with your g-grandfather's family in Poland. ..... - the relatives that you hope to find - are you looking for children of your g-g-grandfather Antoni - that is, children of his that also came to the US like Martin did, or are your looking for children and grandchildren of your g-grandfather Martin?
Shellie
Andrzej

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:09 pm      Post subject: Post subject: Family from Pruchnik or Chorzow, Jaroslaw, Pol

Hello dear friend !.
Among the pedigrees of families Sebastian Olejarz, born about 1753, and Joseph Olejarz, born about 1884 from the village Pruchnik I found two women from the Wilk family. (wilk = wolf)
1. Catherine Wilk nee Drapala, born in 1827, daughter of Casimir Drapala and Magdalena nee Blachuta, and the widow of Gregory Wilk, remarried 22 Jun. Michael Olejarz 1857, b. 15 Aug. 1829, son of Wojciech Olejarz and Marianna nee Drapala, grandson of Sebastian Olejarz, born about 1753, and Marianna nee Szkola.
2. Wladyslawa (read: Vladyslava) nee Wilk, born about 1940, married Joseph Olejarz (b.1938, d. 1981), son of Casimir Olejarz (b.1911, d. 1982) and Stanislava nee Olszańska (b. 1918, d . 1990), the grandson of Joseph Olejarz, born about 1890 and Maria nee Szkola (b. 1893, d. 1961).
This confirms the origin of the Wilk family from the village Pruchnik. Yet look at the file copies of parish documents. If you'll find the names of which you are interested, then send you additional information about this topic.
Best regards from Poland!
Andrew Olejarz
ewhitley1

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 pm      Post subject:

Hi Shellie,
I'm trying to find siblings of Martin/Anna and their children, if possible, and go further back, either in the US or Poland. I have utilized Ancestry.com and other links for the U.S. I do have all the information from Martin/Anna to presence, except Martin's manifest, the family story I've been provided is he jumped ship and sometimes I want to believe the story Smile as I have gone through so many EllisIsland.org manifest trying all possibilities I can think of for Trzeciak. I received a copy of their first born son Walter's (Wladyslaw) baptismal record (just received from a cousin, Walter's daughter) which is how I found that they were from Chorzow/Pruchnik, Jaroslaw, Poland instead of the city of Chorzow.

Thank you, I do have the census records, as I am, xxtbearxx on Ancestry.com. Their second son, Anthony, is my Grandfather. I never knew my GGrandfather but I did had the opportunity to know my GGrandmother Anna during my early youth.

Continuing with the family story...Martin and an unknown brother came to the US together (prior to October 1907, Anna's manifest date), got separated in Pennsylvania with Martin continuing the journey, stopping (permanently) in Dayton. Whatever happened to this brother is not known, except that he took off one evening and did not return and Martin went onward as planned. It is not known if Dayton was their destination or another place.
ewhitley1

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 am      Post subject:

Anna (Bak) Trzeciak's father is supposedly (without proof) Stefan Bak but his name did not appear on the baptismal record for Wladyslaw only Josephae Bak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: