PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 am      Post subject: Victoria and Adam Oldowski or Oledowsky

Hello,

I am trying to find out information about my great-grandmother Victoria, and her brother, Adam Oldowsky. I do not know if the spelling of their last name is correct.
Victoria was born 5/8/1889 in Poland and died 05/14/192 Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She immigrated to United States in 1897 from "Prusany, Russland" with her Brother Adam age 19. Adam's birthdate was March of 1878.

I have attached passenger lists from both Hamburg and New York. I believe they were traveling with at least 1 other gentleman Felix Mellis?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

New York Arrival-Oledowsky.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  New York Arrival-Oledowsky.pdf
 Filesize:  612.65 KB
 Downloaded:  474 Time(s)

Immigratio Record Hamburg Oledowski.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Immigratio Record Hamburg Oledowski.pdf
 Filesize:  1.19 MB
 Downloaded:  483 Time(s)

Send e-mail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:13 am      Post subject:

Rebecca,

Could you please share with the group, both Victoria's and Adam's marriage certificates. Given that they entered the USA unmarried, I assume that they each married in the USA.

Given that it is more than likely that they would have married in a Polish speaking parish in Milwaukee (?), the information provided as to their dates and place of birth, parents' names has a higher chance of having been more accurately recorded, than a ship manifest or Ellis Island immigration officer's interpretation.

Their death certificates as well, please.

This is all about collecting as much USA based hard evidence to cross check/verify any records that are able to be found from Pruzhany. Date of birth, place of birth, and parent's names would provide a >95% verification cross check.

Tom
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 am      Post subject: Re: Victoria and Adam Oldowski or Oledowsky

r_jonesegloff wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find out information about my great-grandmother Victoria, and her brother, Adam Oldowsky. I do not know if the spelling of their last name is correct.
Victoria was born 5/8/1889 in Poland and died 05/14/192 Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She immigrated to United States in 1897 from "Prusany, Russland" with her Brother Adam age 19. Adam's birthdate was March of 1878.

I have attached passenger lists from both Hamburg and New York. I believe they were traveling with at least 1 other gentleman Felix Mellis?

Rebecca,

https://archives.gov.by/eng/index.php?id=673339

https://www.jewishgen.org/belarus/original/recordtranslations/Pruzhanydistrict.html

http://www.flora-and-sam.com/pages/PruzhanyHistory.htm

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Mier

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:11 pm      Post subject: Re: Victoria and Adam Oldowski or Oledowsky

r_jonesegloff wrote:
Hello,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: