PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:01 am      Post subject: Searching for Brandt - Grabiszew

I am hoping someone can provide me with a link or information on getting marriage records, birth records for my grandparents.
Names: Boleslaw Brandt and Anna Brandt (nee Pietrzyk) Do not know when or where they married
Father: Alfred Brandt - dob: 8 November, 1926 born in Grabiszew, Lodz region.

He had a brother, but do not know his name.

My father and brother were taken by the Germans - my father was recorded as a forced labourer in May 1942 in Germany.

I think my grandmother was still alive in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Sorry that I have so little information, but I am hoping someone can assist me.

Thank you! Smile

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for Brandt - Grabiszew

Jan Brandt wrote:
I am hoping someone can provide me with a link or information on getting marriage records, birth records for my grandparents.
Names: Boleslaw Brandt and Anna Brandt (nee Pietrzyk) Do not know when or where they married
Father: Alfred Brandt - dob: 8 November, 1926 born in Grabiszew, Lodz region.

He had a brother, but do not know his name.

My father and brother were taken by the Germans - my father was recorded as a forced labourer in May 1942 in Germany.

I think my grandmother was still alive in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Sorry that I have so little information, but I am hoping someone can assist me.

Thank you! Smile

i think the first step is to get birth record of Your father. Grabiszew belonged to Modlna parish. I can help you to get this record.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Jan Brandt

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Marcel. I have written to the Archdiocese of Lodz and also a church in Zgierz requesting assistance for birth and marriage records. When I check the Catholic Church parish listing Modlna is not recorded. Was this an old parish which has now been taken over by another?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:19 am      Post subject:

Jan Brandt wrote:
Thank you Marcel. I have written to the Archdiocese of Lodz and also a church in Zgierz requesting assistance for birth and marriage records. When I check the Catholic Church parish listing Modlna is not recorded. Was this an old parish which has now been taken over by another?

It still exist. Here is the website: http://www.parafiamodlna.pl/

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: