PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:21 pm      Post subject: Looking For My Grandfather&His Family-Chorzenski

My grandfather's name was Alexander Charzenski he came to the US by way of Ellis Island, New York. Oct. 22 1912. He listed his home as Petrikow Plock Poland (Russia). His father's name was Karol Charzenski. Can someone give me an idea of where I might find further information such as birth (record) and mother's name? Can find nothing on Karol Charzenski.
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking For My Grandfather & His Family

coldsnap2018 wrote:
My grandfather's name was Alexander Charzenski he came to the US by way of Ellis Island, New York. Oct. 22 1912. He listed his home as Petrikow Plock Poland (Russia). His father's name was Karol Charzenski. Can someone give me an idea of where I might find further information such as birth (record) and mother's name? Can find nothing on Karol Charzenski.

Hi,
Charzynski. While searching polish databases consider also Harzynski, because CH and H sounds the same in Polish. Also, transcription mistakes may have indexed them as Chorzynski/Horzynski.

Plock. A city, a county and a province by then. So Piotrków (or Piotrkowo, Piotrkowek, Piotrkowice, etc) in county or province of Plock. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gubernia_p%C5%82ocka

Alexander was goint to a brother named Jozef. I have found a Jozef, from Piotrkow. His surname was misspelled as Chosinski in stevemorse.org > gold form > NY arrivals. He came with wife Apolonia on March, 25, 1902, ship Friesland, departured from Antwerp, Belgium. Jozef was going to a brother Stanislaw.

Is this draft card your Alexander? https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-LBR5-K7G?i=981&cc=1968530 Is Alexander the father of Weronyka (born in the same place mentioned in the draft card). If so, your Piotrkow maybe somewhere near Mlawa.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
coldsnap2018

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:54 pm      Post subject: THANK YOU!

Thank you Gilberto for your tips! I will follow up and look as advised. Yes, that is my grandfather!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: