PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm      Post subject: Russian Poland - Today's Districts

My g grandfather's citizenship form states: "The petition of Joseph Koszewski native of Russia"...and at the end of the document..."renounce all allegiance...to Czar of Russia". Is it clear that his origin was Russian Poland?

If so, what are the current administrative districts of former Russian Poland? map attached...it might be place to start exploring.

Partitions_of_Poland.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  261.36 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Partitions_of_Poland.png

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm      Post subject: Re: Russian Poland - Today's Districts

skozewski wrote:
My g grandfather's citizenship form states: "The petition of Joseph Koszewski native of Russia"...and at the end of the document..."renounce all allegiance...to Czar of Russia". Is it clear that his origin was Russian Poland?

If so, what are the current administrative districts of former Russian Poland? map attached...it might be place to start exploring.

Check https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kr%C3%B3lestwo_Polskie_(kongresowe) roll down the screen and find the map in Podział administracyjny Królestwa Polskiego w 1907 then click on it to zoom it out.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Russian Poland - Today's Districts

Magroski49 wrote:
skozewski wrote:

Check https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podzia%C5%82_administracyjny_Kr%C3%B3lestwa_Polskiego
Gilberto
Send e-mail
skozewski

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 am      Post subject:

Thanks, Gilberto...gives me something to go on...Based on the assumption of the Russia origin, this search shows a large percentage in the Russian areas.

http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/wzgledny/koszewski.html

In Geneteka, Koszewski name is most common in Mazowieckie and Lubelskie provinces..will continue to search here and in other areas.

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:14 pm      Post subject:

skozewski wrote:
Thanks, Gilberto...gives me something to go on...Based on the assumption of the Russia origin, this search shows a large percentage in the Russian areas.

http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/wzgledny/koszewski.html

In Geneteka, Koszewski name is most common in Mazowieckie and Lubelskie provinces..will continue to search here and in other areas.

In an earlier post you mentioned his parents as Ignace Koszewski & Eva Rierdan. Where did you get this information? I think Rierdan maybe me misspelled. Attached is the image of the Koszewski who arrived through Ellis Island. May be a starting point.
Gilberto

koszewski.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.55 KB

koszewski.JPG

Send e-mail
skozewski

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:03 am      Post subject: Follow-up on Koszewski

Gilberto

Great to explore this detail...Joseph Koszewski emigration date is already settled - 1895. He married Catherine Ostrenga in 1898. His parents names are hand-written on the attachment - no sign that they were present. Rierdan incorrect? I have only this doc to support it. Russia origin is backed-up by my DNA story - Malopolska, Swietokryskie, Mazovia, and Lodz.

Joseph born 1879 - Ignacy maybe born 1850-60's?

IMG_2027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.51 KB

IMG_2027.jpg

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: