PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:48 am      Post subject: Family Help - Paul and George Czyz from Silesia

I'm stuck on my Great-Grandfathers side of the family, his name was Paul Czyz (born in 1893) and he left Schlesien, Poland sometime in 1912 to come over to America. He left through the port of Bremen, Germany on a ship called "Kaiser Wilhelm II." I'm somewhat sure his family came from the town of Wisła located near the Czech Republic. His father's name is George Czyz (born sometime in 1872) and his mother's name was Anna Pilch (born in 1873). My great-grandfather had 6-7 brothers, but I can't find a single trace of them for some odd reason. I also know that he was a Lutheran and his family was probably too.

Maybe his last name was anglicised, I'm not sure but I have taken a look at his roll call from Ellis Island and he wrote it, Czyz.
So if it was anglicised it must have been at the port of Bremen.

Is there anywhere I could look for Silesian records, and possibly Austria or Prussian polish records?
I know the region of Silesia can be tricky and I also know records weren't kept as well as they should have been.

Any advice or help on the topic would be greatly appreciated.
Carpathian

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:02 am      Post subject:

My username: Carpathian

My mother was a Czyz (born 1916) from Brenna but lived in Bielsko, both a stone's throw from Wisla. Her father's name was George (Jerzy/Yurij) and her mother's was Eva (Ewa). Unfortunately I don't know whether or how many siblings any of them had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: