PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:34 pm      Post subject: walddeutsche

Hello, my Rejman grandfather came from Czarna Lancut and was most likely a descendant of the Walddeutsche. Does anyone have any information on where in they came from in Germany?
Send e-mail
Carolinax1

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 pm      Post subject:

frostyrose33 wrote:
In reading my original post, I see that a correction needs to be made. Jozef Kud and Stanislaw Kud's grandparents were Jan and Aniela Cyran. I'm puzzled as to their cousin relationship with my father, Edward Inglat (b. 1928), whose father was Wojciech Inglot (b. 1896; He changed the family name to Inglat in the U.S.) married to Zofia Flejszar, and the grandfather was Sobestyan Inglot (b. 1870) and grandmother, Mary Bytnar. I was hoping to make a connection between the Cyran, Flejszar, Inglot, and Kud families, especially. There is a family cemetery not far from St. Dorota church where Zofia's parents, Andrzej Flejszar and Mary Szajer, and Jozef's grandparents were buried.

I have been trying to learn the history of the area. My father acknowledged the Walddeutsche German colony settlements, but was told by his father that the Inglot name is of Swedish origin, from the invasion and battles there around 1650. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history). I am not so sure that my father was correct. While we may have some Swedish, the predominance of Gluchoniemy in the descendants of Markowa seems very clear. Thank you Zenon, for your reply. It's all very fascinating.

Additionally, there is a memorial plaque with some of the family names listed. http://www.riesenbach.com/Sep25-00/html/5MarkowaMemorial.htm
in tribute to the Ulma family and 8 other Markowans who perished at the hands of the Nazis, as told by Mr. Reisenbach at this website: http://www.riesenbach.com/riesenbachstory.html

This plaque is on an administrative building in Markowa, on the land where Zofia Flejszar was raised as a child in a thatched roof house. The house was torn down, and the administrative building was built there. There is a similar home, which has been moved to the Museum of Markowa. The last resident in this home was Maria Inglot. I'm not sure of my relationship to her, except in name only.

Other family names to include: More distant relationships, such as cousins, aunts and uncles with the names Tejchma, Balawejder, Bar, and Michnar.

hi frostyrose! do you still post on this forum? jacek tejchma is my uncle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Page 6 of 6

Jump to: