PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:50 pm      Post subject: Zdrojeski Surname

Hello,

I am trying to find out the history of my polish last name, Zdrojeski. If anyone knows any information on my family's name can you please share it with me.

-Timothy
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 pm      Post subject: Zdrojewski

First of all this surname is misspelled. ZDROJEWSKI is the correct spelling. The name comes from the word zdroj, which means a spring or a spa. There are villages with the name zdroj, zdroje, plus some with two words with zdroj being one of them, and names that have various other suffixes. It's possible one of your ancestors lived in a place with this name or part of the word. To learn more about your family, you need to find records where they ended up settling. These records might give you clues as to where they were born. You first need to know where they lived. Once you have it, from that we may be able to tell what church or synagogue they frequented. Records were filed there before they were filed in government agencies, so religion is a major component of locating records. If you wish to start on your own, try familysearch.org. Register there (cost free). There are other pay sites like Ancestry.com, fold 3. There are others, but I'm not too familiar with all of them. Maybe someone can name more places where to search online.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: