Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am
Post subject: In search of Jozef Kuras Family - Nowy Targ and/or Waksmund
Hello. I am in search of information for the family of Jozef Kuras (no DOB – most likely born in the early 1800s) and was from either Nowy Targ or Waksmund.
According to the records, Jozef married a woman with the first name of Bronislawa; we are lacking her maiden name. Their union produced the following children:
1. Bartholomew who married Anna Bem. They settled in Gallitzin, PA and had 9 children.
2. Anna who married Jozef Zarnecki (my maternal great-grandparents). They stayed in Poland.
3. Antonina who married a Mr. Cescarcz. They stayed in Poland.
At some point, Jozef Kuras died and Bronislawa married Wojiech Wasielak. Their marriage produced two daughters:
1. Tekla (DOB: 06-29-1877; DOD: 03-30-1954) who married Jacob Bem (DOB: 05-21-1876; DOD: 08-31-1964). They were married on 11-22-1897 at St. Stephen’s Roman Catholic Church in Johnstown, PA. Initially, they settled in Gallitzin, PA, but moved and established a home in Portage, PA. They had 9 children.
2. Jadwiga who married Joseph Bem (brother to both Jacob and Anna Bem). One of their sons was Fr. Frank Bem. I have seen family photos taken on the day of Fr. Frank’s ordination on this website.
In addition, I am looking for information regarding my maternal great-grandparents: Anna Kuras who married Jozef Zarnecki. Their marriage produced three daughters:
1. Maryanna (DOB: 04-10-1985; DOD: 04-13-1958) who married Jan Bednarczyk (DOB: 02-21-1891; DOD: 01-22-1968). They were married on 10-30-1916 at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Portage, PA. Their union produced 9 children – my mother being the third oldest.
2. Rosalia who married Sebastian Sral. They had two children: Helena who married Walter Lyszaczaz (or Lyszacraz) and Frank. I had the opportunity to meet Helena and her family during a trip to Nowy Targ and Waksmund in 1990.
3. Jadwiga (DOB: 01-13-1900; DOD: 07-04-1922). She never married.
Many thanks for any information that may be provided. This is a marvelous website and one that is filled with such interesting stories and research.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum