PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 am      Post subject:

All Polska wrote:
I don't know where exactly I read it, but it was on this forum.

You might read it here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=13011#13011 or here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1814 or in the daily email digest you received to your email account on that day.

All Polska wrote:
It just so happened that I just for the first time ever submitted something to be translated & it was a regular size book's page. It is very ornate with scrolls on top, a paragraph & then a list of names on the bottom. I was told it was a list of students from a school in Poland with one of my family member's names. The only word I can guess is Amerikus, which I assume is America. So I have no idea how to pick a part to be translated.

Of course, if there is no way for you to figure out which part of a scan is relevant to your family search you just ask for translation of the whole page. However, in case of typical birth, marriage or death records we can precisely point, or better yet, cut the part of a page with surname of our interest which we want to be translated. This is way we save a little bit time for figuring this out and eyes of our generous translators.

Let's try to help them, even a little bit, in their wonderful, generous and precious work of translating hundreds of, often so hard to decipher, records Exclamation
Send e-mail
All Polska

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:00 pm      Post subject:

So, I guess I didn't make my point clear. I definitely appreciate all everyone does on Polish Origins. I would never take this precious gift for granted! But my questions are these: Is someone going to be able to translate my request? Do I have to re-upload it again?

Thanks,
All Polska
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:40 am      Post subject:

Where did you upload the scan... Question
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:00 pm      Post subject:

As you have noticed we updated, or actually launched, a new website. The functionality of the Forum doesn't change at all for members using it.

However, as it is always in such new technology implementation there are temporary issues which have to be addressed for the website to function in its full potential.

Please forgive us all the current glitches. We are intensely working on them with our web developers.
Send e-mail
Franc

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:16 pm      Post subject: Piascik

I received an email stating there is a message in the forum for me to read, but I can't find it, can you help me
Fran
Magdalena
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:42 am      Post subject:

Franc,
We are in the process of changing the website. Accidentally I sent you a "test" message yesterday, so it is possible that the only message you have is the one from me.

You can check it by clicking on "log in to check your private messages". You will find it just below the title of "PolishOrigins Forum".
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:52 am      Post subject:

When using mobile browser, i see no topics in the latest topics list. I see only forums names, not names of topics. I cannot enter any link when using mobile browser. Im on android.
Zenon

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:38 am      Post subject:

Thank you Sirdan, added to list of improvements.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> What, Why, How...? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: