PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:55 am      Post subject: History Videos by Rogvist

Recently, I was looking for videos describing Polish Husaria - The Winged Hussars. I found a few interesting films, mainly episodes from movies With Fire and Sword and The Deluge, based on Henryk Sienkiewicz Trilogy. There were also pictures of Hussars in a Russian epic movie trailer entitled 1612.

But I also found other videos which caught my attention and just delighted. Those were videos made by a man under nickname Rogvist. I contacted Rogvist and asked about his permission to put other of his videos on our History Videos secton. He geneorously agreed and now you can watch these great pictures of Polish history from medieval times to Warsaw Uprising provided with short descriptions here: History Videos

The videos are not only very well shot, show thorough historical knowledge of the author, but also you can almost feel the message of a great pride to be Polish. In my opinion, this is especially visible in My Tribute to Poland series.
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:12 pm      Post subject:

A few days ago Rogvist sent me a message about remake of The January Uprising 1863 video he had made. The new version is not only three times longer, has many more great pictures and music, but also you will find there a lot of interesting historical facts.

Just click and watch http://polishorigins.com/document/history_videos/page/9

One of the Uprising repercussions we experience until today is the fact that to punish Poles, Russians introduced their language as a mandatory in education and government. This also meant that all civil and religious registers began to be recorded in the occupant language after defeat of Uprising.

This is why birth, marriage and death certificates of our great-grandparents who used to lived under Tsar rule are recorded in Russian...
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm      Post subject:

Another video remake and another great history lesson in a very attractive form served by Rogvist. This time it is about the beginnings of forming Poland as a country in the Middle Ages. Just watch: Polish Medieval Project v.2.0 - Remake / Polskie Średniowiecze
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:18 pm      Post subject:

Rogvist prepared another great piece of work about Polish Hussars - The Winged Hussars Vol. III. You can watch it here: http://polishorigins.com/document/history_videos/page/8 .
Send e-mail
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 am      Post subject:

Since this week you can watch all those above videos (and some more) also on our YouTube channel. We have created special playlist including the most interesting history videos.

I hope that this will be systematically growing.

The Polish National Independence Day that we will celebrate on 11th November is great occasion to watch them and think about our complicated past.

[html-link]
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Books & Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: