PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:06 am      Post subject: Wieczerzak and Szpak families - Brzyscie

Seeking info on relatives from these families. Believe baptism/marriage records are in parish collection for Gawłuszowice.

Katazyna Wieczerzak b. 1890/1891 to Paul (Pawel, I presume) and Anna Spiec (Szpak?) = my grandmother. She emigrated to USA, meeting brother John (Jan) in NYC 1906, then marrying Walenty Surowiec (from nearby Zlotniki) in 1913. They raised their family in Duryea and later Falls Pennsylvania.

Thank you for any assistance or suggestions!
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1027

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:45 am      Post subject: Re: Wieczerzak and Szpak families - Brzyscie

rmcdonough wrote:
Seeking info on relatives from these families. Believe baptism/marriage records are in parish collection for Gawłuszowice.

Katazyna Wieczerzak b. 1890/1891 to Paul (Pawel, I presume) and Anna Spiec (Szpak?) = my grandmother. She emigrated to USA, meeting brother John (Jan) in NYC 1906, then marrying Walenty Surowiec (from nearby Zlotniki) in 1913. They raised their family in Duryea and later Falls Pennsylvania.

Thank you for any assistance or suggestions!

Hi!
I looked at what I believe is the ship's passenger list for your Katarzyna, but I see it as 1909 rather than 1906 (the ship is the Gothland). The age is the same, she gives her mother's name as Anna and the person to whom she is going as her brother Jan in Brooklyn, so all of that matches. I do see her place of origin recorded there as Brzyscie, but I am wondering how you know that it is the Brzyscie by Mielec rather than the Brzyscie by Jaslo. You probably have other documents that have shown you that. Anyway, I am asking because I can see online relevant church records of births for the Brzyscie by Jaslo, but not for the one you asked about.
Sophia
rmcdonough

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Wieczerzak and Szpak families - Brzyscie

Sophia,

thank you for your reply. I assumed the Brzyscie near Gawluscowice for a few reasons, the primary one being closeness of the Mielec Zlotniki and Brzyscie villages. Walenty Surowiec (from Zlotniki - confirmed) traveled into NYC from Luzerne County, PA, for the marriage, so it appears to be the result of previous acquaintance or family connection/arrangement. There are other family intermarriages suggesting neighborly arrangement as well.

If you have found a pertinent record from the Jaslo area, however, I would be interested in examining it, just in case. What is best sharing method?

- Rosanne Surowiec McDonough, Alexandria VA
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1027

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:58 am      Post subject: Re: Wieczerzak and Szpak families - Brzyscie

rmcdonough wrote:
Sophia,

thank you for your reply. I assumed the Brzyscie near Gawluscowice for a few reasons, the primary one being closeness of the Mielec Zlotniki and Brzyscie villages. Walenty Surowiec (from Zlotniki - confirmed) traveled into NYC from Luzerne County, PA, for the marriage, so it appears to be the result of previous acquaintance or family connection/arrangement. There are other family intermarriages suggesting neighborly arrangement as well.

If you have found a pertinent record from the Jaslo area, however, I would be interested in examining it, just in case. What is best sharing method?

- Rosanne Surowiec McDonough, Alexandria VA

Hi Rosanne,
No, I did not find a specific record, what I found was an online group of records, specifically:
"Księga urodzeń, małżeństw i zgonów dla miejscowości Jasło, Bryły, Brzyście, Gorajowice, Brzyszczki, Żółków, Lichtarz, Hankówka, Łęgorz, Gądki, Kaczorowy, Ulaszowice, Kowalowy, Wolica, Walowice, Jareniówka, Sobniów, Łaski, Niegłowice, Bajdy, Czeluśnica".
This set of records represents the civil registration records, kept by the Roman Catholic Church in Jaslo, and you see from its title that it includes births, marriages and deaths ("Księga urodzeń, małżeństw i zgonów") for a list of villages, Brzyscie among them. The years available include 1890 and 1891 which were of most interest to you.
The link for the year 1890 is this:
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/60/1153/0/-/1#tabJednostka
So, too bad that the Brzyscie near Jaslo is not the one you are looking for.
I'm sure you already found on the FamilySearch website that they do have records for Gawluszowice; however, this does not include the years you want.
It really could be worthwhile for you to ask Polish Origins if they can help you. I'm a volunteer here on the forum, with no ties to Polish Origins. They provide professional genealogy services, which may be what is needed at this point. You can learn more about their services here:
https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/
Best of luck to you in your research,
Sophia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: