PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:22 pm      Post subject: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

Would anyone maybe know if birth records from this town are available online?

I have the town information from Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego Vol IX Page 471, and think it would be the best possible lead for a record I found listing the 1872 birth in Raduskowo of my great-grandfather Roman Wisniewski.

The town I am looking for is slightly northeast of Czerwińsk nad Wisłą, Mazowieckie.

Thanks in advance for any information that might be of any help at all.

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:36 am      Post subject: Re: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

WasniewskTh wrote:
Would anyone maybe know if birth records from this town are available online?

I have the town information from Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego Vol IX Page 471, and think it would be the best possible lead for a record I found listing the 1872 birth in Raduskowo of my great-grandfather Roman Wisniewski.

The town I am looking for is slightly northeast of Czerwińsk nad Wisłą, Mazowieckie.

Thanks in advance for any information that might be of any help at all.

Thomas,
Attached is the list of birth records for Radzikowo in 1872. No Roman, no Wasniewski there. What is your source?

Gilberto

_SkU.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  749.96 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

_SkU.JPG

Send e-mail
WasniewskTh

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 am      Post subject: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

Thanks for your help, Gilberto, as disappointing as it is. The year of birth comes from the death certificate in Chicago in 1922, but that only gives Poland as place of birth. Census records say Russia. The only place I found a mention of a town was in the 1924 death certificate of his son Eugene, and that listed it as Raduskowo, which doesn't exist in Słownik. Is there any way you could maybe check a couple years either way from 1872 to be sure, or even better would be if you could maybe tell me where you found that and I can try it myself? Otherwise I'd like to try for his siblings Michael 1862-1929 and Veronica 1866-1930. Parents Frank and Mary Gałenska. Ultimately if nothing can be found in this town, then I'll have to try less promising possibilities in the Russian partition for the town, none of which have that -kowo ending. Raducki, Raducz, Radule, Radulen, Raduszyce. Thanks again for your help.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm      Post subject: Re: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

WasniewskTh wrote:
Thanks for your help, Gilberto, as disappointing as it is. The year of birth comes from the death certificate in Chicago in 1922, but that only gives Poland as place of birth. Census records say Russia. The only place I found a mention of a town was in the 1924 death certificate of his son Eugene, and that listed it as Raduskowo, which doesn't exist in Słownik. Is there any way you could maybe check a couple years either way from 1872 to be sure, or even better would be if you could maybe tell me where you found that and I can try it myself? Otherwise I'd like to try for his siblings Michael 1862-1929 and Veronica 1866-1930. Parents Frank and Mary Gałenska. Ultimately if nothing can be found in this town, then I'll have to try less promising possibilities in the Russian partition for the town, none of which have that -kowo ending. Raducki, Raducz, Radule, Radulen, Raduszyce. Thanks again for your help.

Thomas,
I have found Radzikowo records in http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,list,1,1 (then AP Warszawa, then AP Grodzisk Mazowieckie). I found some Wasniewski in other years, but not any Roman. What if he had a second given name? Have you found his arrival? Did you consider looking for Wisniewski as well?
Gilberto
Send e-mail
WasniewskTh

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:41 pm      Post subject: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

Gilberto, thanks again for this other link to Metryki, this is not one I had seen before. I went through all the years 1860-1875 now and while I did find a couple Wisniewski that were not apparently lined to Geneteka, none of them were mine. I guess I have to be satsified that we did not come from this village, and start looking needles in other haystacks. I do have his arrival 1884 and naturalization 1894 from census records, but no documents that give any town of birth. Wasniewski married Wisniewski in my family, so yes generally I look for both. The Wasniewski side was found in the German partition near Grudziadz. THANKS AGAIN for all your help on this.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 am      Post subject: Re: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

WasniewskTh wrote:
Gilberto, thanks again for this other link to Metryki, this is not one I had seen before. I went through all the years 1860-1875 now and while I did find a couple Wisniewski that were not apparently lined to Geneteka, none of them were mine. I guess I have to be satsified that we did not come from this village, and start looking needles in other haystacks. I do have his arrival 1884 and naturalization 1894 from census records, but no documents that give any town of birth. Wasniewski married Wisniewski in my family, so yes generally I look for both. The Wasniewski side was found in the German partition near Grudziadz. THANKS AGAIN for all your help on this.

You are welcome. If he was born in 1872 and came in 1884, then I conclude he came with his parents. Do you have any info about Mary Galenska?. There are some indexed in Geneteka, but would have to narrow the search.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
WasniewskTh

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 am      Post subject: Radzikowo pow. Płonski gm. Sielec

I've looked several times in the past for her, would have to be in connection with Roman Wisniewski only, as I have no birth or death dates. All I have is her name, listed on marriage certificates of the children. Indeed in at least one document her name was given as Gowatcki. But I'll check it again today to be sure, as I do understand that new material is being indexed on a daily basis. My thinking has always been that Roman was accompanied by his brother Michael 1862-1929, and very likely his sister Veronica 1866-1930. Michael's naturalization certificate from 21 Dec 1892 in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania does actually give an arrival date of 25 Sep 1883 in New York, which I've always thought close enough to the 1884 mentioned in Romans' census records. I've looked for a vessel arriving that day, and while there was one candidate that came from Hamburg, I couldn't find any of them there. Recently, I also found evidence that Roman's father Francis probably remarried, as there is a Frances born 1825 listed as a mother-in-law on the 1900 census, living with Veronica and her husband John Liszewski 1863-1949 in Washington County, Illinois. So right now I think that maybe Mary passed away, before Roman arrived, and maybe his stepmother, for whom all I have is a first name, accompanied the three children. Otherwise, Michael was old enough at 21 to have led the others himself. Thanks again for your kind interest and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: