PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:23 pm      Post subject: Surname: Marunowski / Marona ?

Hello there,

I'm on a hunt for a family crest or simply more information about my last name. It's "Marunowski", but a family history book my parents have says before a "Constantine Marunowski" down the family line was someone named "Marion Marona" from Poland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Phillip Marunowski
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 am      Post subject: Re: Surname: Marunowski / Marona ?

crazyphil wrote:
Hello there,

I'm on a hunt for a family crest or simply more information about my last name. It's "Marunowski", but a family history book my parents have says before a "Constantine Marunowski" down the family line was someone named "Marion Marona" from Poland.

-Phillip Marunowski

Phillip,

Marunowski - od nazwy miejscowej Maruny (olsztyńskie, gmina Barczewo).
http://www.stankiewicze.com/index.php?kat=44&sub=812

Coat of arms: no
http://www.herby.com.pl/

Gilberto
Send e-mail
crazyphil

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Surname: Marunowski / Marona ?

Magroski49 wrote:
crazyphil wrote:
Hello there,

-Phillip Marunowski

Phillip,

Marunowski - od nazwy miejscowej Maruny (olsztyńskie, gmina Barczewo).
http://www.stankiewicze.com/index.php?kat=44&sub=812

Coat of arms: no
http://www.herby.com.pl/

Gilberto

Turns out Marion changed his name from "Marohn" to "Marona" when he moved to Germany, then to "Marunowski" when he moved back to Poland.

Do you, Gilberto, or anyone else have any information on the surname Marohn? Coat of arms or anything interesting?

Thanks so much for your help! Smile
ILfarmwife

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 pm      Post subject: Marunowski, Marona, Marohn

Hello Phillip.
I too, have MAROHN ancestors. Family lore has then migrating from Alsace, France (also ruled by Germany at times).
It is thought they arrived in Poland in the late 1700s- early 1800s. In the 1860s to the 1940s, they lived at least 2-3 different places. One was Zakobiel in the county of Warsaw, and one was called Reischewo in the county of Jablonna, county of Warsaw. (At least this is how my great aunt remembers it- she was born there in 1910.) Another town was either north west or north east of Warsaw, near a Russian army camp. Other family names related to my MAROHNs, were SHAVE/SHABE and JULIYET.
There were other MAROHNS living in the village of Graudenz. along the Vistula River in the northern part of Poland, near Danzig, (now Gdansk). This would have been in the 1860s and 1870s when it was West Prussia.

MMB

ILfarmwife

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:50 pm      Post subject: Marunowski, Marona, Marohn

I'm sorry- I meant the county of Jablonna, Province of Warsaw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: