PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:43 am      Post subject: Zadora, Fabianska (Krakow, Rafalowka Sarny)

I am looking for any information about my grandparents. I cannot seem to find anything online.

My dziadek's name was Jerzy Zadora, born in 1927 in Krakow to Karol Zadora and Rosalia Kubicz. I do not know any other information, other than Jerzy's sister Barbara, whom married Jan Oscar Parnas, son of Jakub Karol Parnas whom won a Nobel Peace Prize(?) not sure if that would help.

My Babcia's family always intrigued me though she never spoke about it. Helena Fabianska was born in December 1939 and in a recent document I found it said she was born in Rafalowka-Sarny. Her mothers' name was Antonina. Helena may have went by Chlopecka(sp?) as she was raised by her mother's sister Ewa during the war.

If anybody has any information it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 am      Post subject:

If you haven’t already, I strongly advise that you request a copy of you grandparents' migrant selection file from the National Archives of Australia.
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/DetailsReports/ItemDetail.aspx?Barcode=7390812&isAv=N
It should confirm or provide a lot more detail.

Tom
JerzyBrett

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 am      Post subject:

I've looked for their migrant selection file yet it is not available to access sadly. Both my grandparents have passed away and my mother has no knowledge about the family. Can't seem to find any trail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 am      Post subject:

"I've looked for their migrant selection file yet it is not available to access sadly."

Do you mean that:
(1) you have formally requested access to the file , or requested a copy of the file via the "Request a Copy" button, and your request has been rejected by the Archives office

OR

(2) it is just not yet available to access online at the NAA website ??

Tom
JerzyBrett

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 am      Post subject:

I requested a copy via the request a copy button and it said that document wasn't accessible
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:46 am      Post subject:

When I select the Request a Copy button I get the following message:

Not yet examined
This item is not currently available for public access. We are unable to provide an online copy for public viewing in RecordSearch until we have examined it for possible sensitivities.
If you would like a copy of this record, you first need to submit an application for access to have the record examined.

You need to select the red “submit an application for access” hyperlink, to get the file examined before it can be released to the public.

Trust me, it works. I do it all the time with files of interest to me.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: