PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 am      Post subject: Trocha - last name origins

Hi! I am from a Latin American country and recently I've been researching a little about my ancestry. In my family there's this last name that I can't seem to find much information about, except for the fact that, according to certain sites, is a last name used in Poland. So, I would really like to know your opinion on this. Is "Trocha" a last name familiar to you? Is it from Poland?
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:17 pm      Post subject: TROCHA

The word trocha is Polish and means a little. If you check this site you will see that there were 1,537 people with this surname in Poland in 1990. http://www.herby.com.pl/indexslo.html Type in Trocha in the white box at the top of the page. Click on your enter key to get the results of the search. "Click on Tutaj, snajduja sie objasnienia skrotow" (in blue) to learn the names of the abbreviated provinces, where they were found. You will learn the province with the highest number of people named Trocha lived in Czestochowskie. On the popup that appears, click on Zobacz mape to learn where it's location was. I say was because on January 1, 1999 Poland realigned their governing provinces. Before that date there were 49 provinces. On that date they were widdled down to 16 Polish provinces.

In order to find records on your family, you will need to know the parish in which records were records on your ancestor[s]. To learn what its name was, you need to know the village or city where they were born. You might be able to find records in your country if you know the port into which they sailed. Sometimes ships going to Central or South America, would dock in the US to pick up more passengers in the US. Sometimes those records can be found in the US using this site: stevemorse.org. Use the Gold Form for the best results. It's actually a search form for the Ellis Island Port records. There are 43 people listed named Trocha.

Hope this helps you get started one you genealogy venture.

Tina Ellis
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: