PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
Message
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:41 am      Post subject: Post your remark or suggestion
Reply with quote

If you have any remarks, suggestions, would like to criticize, change or ask for imporovement, this is the place where you should write about it. Alternatively, you can send private e-mail to me, clicking on an e-mail icon at the bottom of this post.

Also, if you found an error, please write to us about it.


Last edited by Zenon on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
zolkie



Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Replies: 52
Location: Maryland, USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:57 pm      Post subject: Well done!
Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this.. (and if it isn't, please feel free to move it), but I wanted to offer some feedback:
I am very new to the site and wanted to say that you've done a terrific job with the boards!
I've been researching my Polish ancestry for going on 11 years and I'm excited to find a forum where the forum moderator is as involved as Zenon seems to be. I'll be visiting frequently.
Thanks for your hard work!
Jeff Zolkiewicz
View user's profile
Send private message
Maggie



Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Replies: 1

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:30 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

I found this good site last evening and joined. I tried posting my family surnames, but they do not appear to yet be in the surname section. This morning I read with great interest your article on the origen of surnames. It was very helpful.

The surname that I have been wondering about the most is that of one of my great grandmothers. Her name was Wielowiejska. She lived in Mierzwin near Topczewo, married to a Zawadzski, but I can not find any other people with the Wielowiejski name anywhere in the area. Any suggestions for searching?
View user's profile
Send private message
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:26 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

zolkie wrote:
I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this.. (and if it isn't, please feel free to move it), but I wanted to offer some feedback:
I am very new to the site and wanted to say that you've done a terrific job with the boards!
I've been researching my Polish ancestry for going on 11 years and I'm excited to find a forum where the forum moderator is as involved as Zenon seems to be. I'll be visiting frequently.
Thanks for your hard work!
Jeff Zolkiewicz


Welcome to the Forum and thank you very much Jeff Smile . While posting the original post about remarks I had mind for visitors and members to send their suggestions for improvements or changes but I think that such remarks are also very welcomed to keep our motivation high Wink .
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:58 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum Maggie,

Maggie wrote:
I found this good site last evening and joined. I tried posting my family surnames, but they do not appear to yet be in the surname section.


After adding your surnames did you click on 'Submit' button on the bottom of your Profile page? The new entries (Surnames and Places) should appeared there automatically.

Maggie wrote:

The surname that I have been wondering about the most is that of one of my great grandmothers. Her name was Wielowiejska. She lived in Mierzwin near Topczewo, married to a Zawadzski, but I can not find any other people with the Wielowiejski name anywhere in the area. Any suggestions for searching?


I would suggest to resubmit the surnames in your Profile here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/profile.php?mode=editprofile (you have to be logged in) and maybe also post message with details about your search in 'Search of relatives' section here http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewforum.php?f=23 .
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Replies: 981
Location: Atlanta, GA

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

OK, I've put this off long enough. Would someone please give me directions on how to create that neat little box like Zenon has above with "Maggie wrote"

If the directions are already available in the tools section, just direct me there. Thanks!
View user's profile
Send private message
Bill Rushin
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Replies: 311
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Shellie wrote:
OK, I've put this off long enough. Would someone please give me directions on how to create that neat little box like Zenon has above with "Maggie wrote"

If the directions are already available in the tools section, just direct me there. Thanks!



Look at this message, to the far right side you will see a little "quote" button, just click on that and the msg will automatically appear in a new message box. Now once you have done this you may not need the complete quote in your message. So put your cursor somewhere between the [quote] and [quote] on the text and tap the backspace key and erase what you don't need. Then start you msg below and type away.
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Replies: 981
Location: Atlanta, GA

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Bill, Thanks a bunch. I'm sure others out there will benefit from these instructions on how to create the quote box when writing in the forum. Much appreciated!!!
View user's profile
Send private message
rjaremus



Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Replies: 29

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 am      Post subject: My postings
Reply with quote

Site manager,

i haven't been to this site very much but recently got a message and checked it out. rather disturbed to see that several of the names in my posting have been changed to people that I don't know. This is rather disturbing.

rolfe Jaremus
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 am      Post subject: Re: My postings
Reply with quote

rjaremus wrote:
Site manager,

i haven't been to this site very much but recently got a message and checked it out. rather disturbed to see that several of the names in my posting have been changed to people that I don't know. This is rather disturbing.

rolfe Jaremus


Rolfe,

Can you give us more details of the problem and which your postings you think might have been changed (links to specific posts) Question
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
rjaremus



Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Replies: 29

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:48 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Zenon,

i have been searching for about 20 minutes however I cannot find the quotes that I found in error yesterday. Can you send me a copy of all of my postings. I can then go through them and identify the errors. Thanks.

By they way, several years ago I had requested a translation of the History of Czarny Dunajec which is in the church entrance. Thanks for posting the picture and the translation. As I read it, I realize that the translation was perhaps a literal one. It does not read well in English. I am not a professional writer, but I could take a shot at refining this historical document to make it more readable to the English reading community. I don't want to proceed if this would offend anyone. Please advise if this would be helpful. Thanks.

Rolfe
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Replies: 981
Location: Atlanta, GA

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

rjaremus wrote:
Zenon,

i have been searching for about 20 minutes however I cannot find the quotes that I found in error yesterday. Can you send me a copy of all of my postings. I can then go through them and identify the errors. Thanks.

By they way, several years ago I had requested a translation of the History of Czarny Dunajec which is in the church entrance. Thanks for posting the picture and the translation. As I read it, I realize that the translation was perhaps a literal one. It does not read well in English. I am not a professional writer, but I could take a shot at refining this historical document to make it more readable to the English reading community. I don't want to proceed if this would offend anyone. Please advise if this would be helpful. Thanks.

Rolfe


Hi Rolfe,
One way to get everything you ever posted is to go up to the top of the page and click on search. Then type your username into the box for searching by author. This link will take you to the threads that result from searching your user name:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/search.php?mode=results

Zenon did not translate the information from the church wall in the church. I was the one who posted the rough translation of the plaque in the Czarny Dunajec church. It was simply a google translation and I will not be at all insulted if you can provide a better translation.
Shellie
View user's profile
Send private message
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

rjaremus wrote:
By they way, several years ago I had requested a translation of the History of Czarny Dunajec which is in the church entrance. Thanks for posting the picture and the translation. As I read it, I realize that the translation was perhaps a literal one. It does not read well in English. I am not a professional writer, but I could take a shot at refining this historical document to make it more readable to the English reading community. I don't want to proceed if this would offend anyone. Please advise if this would be helpful. Thanks.


Shellie wrote:
Zenon did not translate the information from the church wall in the church. I was the one who posted the rough translation of the plaque in the Czarny Dunajec church. It was simply a google translation and I will not be at all insulted if you can provide a better translation.


Thank you Rolfe for your offer Exclamation As you probably noticed, we have maaaaany descendants of the Czarny Dunajec region in PolishOrigins Forum and I am sure all of them would be grateful if you helped them to understand a little better history of the parish by providing your improvements to this google translate translation.

For all, the Shellie's post where she uploaded photograph of Czarny Dunajec history plague in Polish can be found here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=1889#1889 .


Last edited by Zenon on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Replies: 1477
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 am      Post subject: Re: My postings
Reply with quote

Zenon wrote:
rjaremus wrote:
Site manager,

i haven't been to this site very much but recently got a message and checked it out. rather disturbed to see that several of the names in my posting have been changed to people that I don't know. This is rather disturbing.

rolfe Jaremus


Rolfe,

Can you give us more details of the problem and which your postings you think might have been changed (links to specific posts) Question


rjaremus wrote:
i have been searching for about 20 minutes however I cannot find the quotes that I found in error yesterday.




Although it is probably unnoticeable for average PolishOrigins visitor we put a lot of work to keep the Forum as useful, friendly, organized and safe for all of its members as possible.

I want to inform here all our members that THE TWO ONLY ACTIONS which can influence your postings in PolishOrigins Forum are:

1. We can move your message to relevant thread or section if it was posted in a section or existing thread which is not appropriate because of its subject or content. For example, if you ask about the town of Rzeszow in the 'Odrowaz near Czarny Dunajec in Malopolskie' thread, we will move your post to existing topic about Rzeszow or create new one with your post as the first one in the thread.

2. We completely remove your message if it will violate PolishOrigins.com website Terms of Use or Community Guidelines, for example, if you send spam messages . In most cases this kind of behavior means ban of any activity in our Forum for given member, including removing from the member's list.



We NEVER interfere or modify content of your posts in PolishOrigins Forum.
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Replies: 593
Location: Germany

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Post your remark or suggestion
Reply with quote

Zenon wrote:
If you have any remarks, suggestions, would like to criticize, change or ask for imporovement, this is the place where you should write about it. Alternatively, you can send private e-mail to me, clicking on an e-mail icon at the bottom of this post. Also, if you found an error, please write to us about it.

Zenon,
For those of us who like to help others with their research it would be helpful if there was a way to see a member’s message posting history. Sometimes a member has already received one (or even more) responses to an earlier post. Knowing which information a member has already will help avoid duplication of effort. Genealogy.com, for example, has a link that says “Show this User's Message Posting History” -- for details see here: http://genforum.genealogy.com/ia/messages/20432.html
Ute
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> What, Why, How...? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2020 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM