PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:59 pm      Post subject: Town in Record

Hello,

I am trying to find out the town in what appears to be information of a marriage added to my Grandfather's brother's birth record. Since a majority of it was printed with the help of Google Translate it should say something like:

"To act No. 75 Masiak Jan entered into a marriage relationship with Dabek Fransiska at the Civil Registry Office in stmogoire on 23 ii 1952 Inserted on 15. G. 1952.
based on the U.S.C. in stmagoire"

However the location is handwritten and I am not familiar with the locations of polish handwriting. Since I do not know if he stayed in Poland or emmigrated to America like my Grand father. I appreciate what help anyone could give. Thank you!

Polish_Birth_Record_Jan_Masiak.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Polish_Birth_Record_Jan_Masiak.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:55 am      Post subject: Re: Town in Record

cmasiak wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find out the town in what appears to be information of a marriage added to my Grandfather's brother's birth record. Since a majority of it was printed with the help of Google Translate it should say something like:

"To act No. 75 Masiak Jan entered into a marriage relationship with Dabek Fransiska at the Civil Registry Office in stmogoire on 23 ii 1952 Inserted on 15. G. 1952.
based on the U.S.C. in stmagoire"

However the location is handwritten and I am not familiar with the locations of polish handwriting. Since I do not know if he stayed in Poland or emmigrated to America like my Grand father. I appreciate what help anyone could give. Thank you!

Hi,
Based on the information you provided about the places of your ancestry, I am inclined to say it is Strzegowo (which would be declensonied as Strzegowie, though I myself read it as Stnagowie or Stragowie).

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1027

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 pm      Post subject:

Hi cmasiak,
I know that your question was about the name of the town, and I think Gilberto has given you a good answer on that. I do want to add, in case it interests you, a little help in reading the dates that are filled in on this stamped statement. These are the three of them:
dn.23.II.1951r. which means February 23, 1951
dn.15.6.1952r. which means June 15, 1952
dn.3.10.1951r. which means October 3, 1951
The style of writing dates in Polish is to indicate day/month/year while you are probably more used to writing dates as month/day/year. The month was usually indicated in Roman numerals, but as you see here, it does not have to be. The letters "dn" are an abbreviation for day, and the little "r" means "rok" which is Polish for year.
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
cmasiak

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 pm      Post subject: RE: Town in Record

Thank you Gilberto and Sophia,

The help is greatly Appreciated! It gives me a little more information on my Grandfather's family. It is the people like you sharing your knowledge that makes this site and the forums such a great help! Thank you both again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: