PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:25 pm      Post subject: suname WIKTOR from Niedzwiada

I'm at a roadblock concerning my grandfather Stanislaw Wiktor from Niedzwaida Poland born approximately 1870. I know that his parents were Wawrzyniec Wiktor and Anna Strzalka.
I know that Stanislaw arrived in Chicago around 1887 and married Marianna Lemek at St. John Cantius Church in Chicago, Illinois. It was his second marriage.
Although I traveled to Poland in June and reviewed the church records in Niedzwaida, this Stanislaw is not listed as baptized, nor listed in the marriage records. We know that he married and had at least one child (Katarzyna) in Poland. Possibly he had another. This is all very frustrating as we had hoped to unravel this. Our guide Zbigniew was very helpful however it seems that even he was not able to find Stanislaw Wiktor son of Wawrzyniec and Anna. I would be grateful for ANY suggestions.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:05 am      Post subject: Re: suname WIKTOR from Niedzwiada

nanamamaR wrote:
I'm at a roadblock concerning my grandfather Stanislaw Wiktor from Niedzwaida Poland born approximately 1870. I know that his parents were Wawrzyniec Wiktor and Anna Strzalka.
I know that Stanislaw arrived in Chicago around 1887 and married Marianna Lemek at St. John Cantius Church in Chicago, Illinois. It was his second marriage.
Although I traveled to Poland in June and reviewed the church records in Niedzwaida, this Stanislaw is not listed as baptized, nor listed in the marriage records. We know that he married and had at least one child (Katarzyna) in Poland. Possibly he had another. This is all very frustrating as we had hoped to unravel this. Our guide Zbigniew was very helpful however it seems that even he was not able to find Stanislaw Wiktor son of Wawrzyniec and Anna. I would be grateful for ANY suggestions.

there were few villages Niedźwiada, each of them belonged to different parish. Iin which parish you were looking for documents?
Also are you sure the village name is Niedźwiada? because there is also Niedźwiady too
Any other documents? ship manifests?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
nanamamaR

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:48 am      Post subject: Surname Wiktor from Niedzwaida

Please advise of what "arduous and time consuming translations " you are referring to and exactly why I should send money to your pay pal account?
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 am      Post subject:

nanamamaR,

This is a misunderstanding, let me explain:

Marcelproust is one of the most devoted and involved forum members. He works (as a volunteer) and translates regularly the Russian records posted by other forum members.

This is tedious and time consuming activity. In addition, he often answers to questions and tries to help in some other threads. He is not gaining any money from that on regular basis. That is why (in agreement with us), he has the message with his paypal account in his footnote. This is the automatic message that is added to all hist posts (it was not written directly to you).

I hope that you will understand this.

Wagm greetings,

Agnieszka
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: