PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:27 pm      Post subject: Families Mysliwy in Szebnie and Lubas in Budzisz, Galicia

I'm searching for information about two families, Mysliwy in Szebnie--Peter was born in 1881--father is John and mother is Constance; Lubas in Budzisz --Catherina was born 1882-1885--father is Jacob and mother is Veronica.
This information came from two baptism records. Both babies were baptised in Szebnie, one was born there and the other was born in Budzisz. The obstetrix is listed as Marie Mysliwy for both.
If anyone has come across these names I would like to hear what you know about them. I hope someone can give me something since I usually receive the message "o matches found".
klizzy
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Families in Galicia (Poland)Austria

klizzy wrote:
searching for information about two families, Mysliwy in Szebnie--Peter was born in 1881--father is John and mother is Constance; Lubas in Budzisz --Catherina was born 1882-1885--father is Jacob and mother is Veronica.
This information came from two baptism records. Both babies were baptised in Szebnie, one was born there and the other was born in Budzisz. The obstetrix is listed as Marie Mysliwy for both.
If anyone has come across these names I would like to hear what you know about them. I hope someone can give me something since I usually receive the message "o matches found".
klizzy

Hi klizzy,
It sounds like you have access to church records from Szebnie and Budzisz -- or do you just have single baptism certificates for these babies?

Can you please be more specific about what you are looking for? Are you having trouble finding these surnames?
klizzy

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:53 pm      Post subject:

Hi Shellie
I have single baptism certificate for two sons of Peter and Catherina.

I'm looking for information about both of their families...birth, marriage, death, siblings, etc.

Peter Mysliwy, 18 May 1881, Szabnie, Poland, arrived in US 1895. His father John, wife Constance Krowcryk must of lived in Szabnie around that time.

Catherina Lubas, abt 1884, Budzisz, Poland, arrived in US 1895 and/or 1898. Her father Jacob, wife Veronica Kopycinski must of lived in Budzisz around that time.

Peter and Catherina were married in Boston, Massachusetts in 1902 and lived in Salem, Massachusetts all of their lives in the US.

1905 batismal record mentions birth(17 Sept 1905) and baptism(19 Sept 1905) in Budzisz for John Mysliwy.

1908 batisimal record mentions birth(14 May 1908) and baptism(15 May 1908) in Szebmie for Joseph Mysliwy.

Both records state "Officium parochiale rom. cath. rit. lat. ecclesiae in Szebnie". I'm guessing both official records are kept in Szebnie.

I hope this helps..Karen
klizzy

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:49 pm      Post subject: Galicia - SEatern area

I'm wondering if there are any Mysliwy's related to John Mysliwy who lived in Szebnie ...1880-1910+... I know that he had a son Peter(1881) who came to the US in 1895. Did Peter have brothers and sisters still in Szebnie at that time? Peter and his wife returned to Szebnie in 1905 and 1908 for the birth of two of their children--John-1905 and Joseph-1908. John's wife was Constance Krowcryk, anyone with that last name still in Szebnie or who recognizes it?

Are there any Lubas' related to Jacob Lubas who lived in Budzsiz ...1880-1910+... I know he had a daughter Catharina(1884) who came to the US I think in 1898. She was the wife of Peter Mysliwy, thus returned in 1905 and 1908. Her obituary (1954) stated that she has two sisters--Mrs. Maryanna Witasek of Poland and Mrs. Agnes Czapla of New Jersey, US. We think Catharina had stepsisters so I'm not sure if the maiden names of these two ladies was also Lubas. Jacob's wife was Veronica Kopycinski, anyone with this name or who recognizes it in Budzsiz or the surrounding area?

Any help with these names would be greatly appreciated, I not having much luck.
klizzy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 pm      Post subject:

Hi all
I'm hoping for a Christmas gift. If someone knows of a Mysliwy or Lubas living in the area near Szebnie and Budziz, two villages near Jaslo, I would love to hear from you. These are the villages my grandparents came from.

Some cousins and I are trying to get our information into a book to be shared with all 18 of us. If anyone has any pictures from these villages that could be shared we would love to be able to include them in our book.

We haven't been able to add to our grandparents beyond their parents names. We did find some information for my grandmother. She had a sister Mrs Maryanna Witasek who lived in Poland in 1954 and another sister in New Jersey, USA she was Mrs Agnes Czapla. This information came from my grandmothers obituary. If anyone knows or these names it might be a clue to more family information in Poland.

Here's hoping, there are quite a few of us wishing for a special gift.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:12 am      Post subject: Finding village photos online

Hi, If you haven't tried this already try putting a village name and look for images in a search engine. I tried google images, and Budzisz turned out to be a surname too, so there were many images of people, so I changed the search to Budzisz, Polska. This is one photo I found: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/34150014 And for Szebnie:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/37018116

I don't know if there is more than one village by these names in Poland, but these may be the villages you are looking for. I am amazed how much can be found online. When I am searching, I make sure that the picture I am looking at is labeled with the place I am looking for, because other places may come up if they happen to be in a group of pictures where there is at least one picture of the place I searched for.

I do not know the legalities of using these images in a private book that will not be sold. Many say they "may be copyrighted".

As for finding more about your family history, have you tried writing to a priest? I know of people that have had luck with that, and people that haven't. That is something I will try now that I finally know exactly where my grandmother was from. I will also consider hiring a researcher. Previously I didn't think that I could afford to sent a researcher looking until I found out exactly where my grandmother was from.
chemikbbmati

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm      Post subject:

Hi Klizzy. I sent message about myśliwy. J live in Szebnie. you have important information in your mail, probably we are relatives
chemikbbmati

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 am      Post subject:

I have information about myśliwy family. I can do photos.In the city of Przemysl is the diocesan archives where you can find information about ancestors. Parish in Szebnie is required to send documents if you have more than 100 years to Przemysl town. I go on holiday to Przemyśl to the archives and i try find a more informations about us family .
klizzy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:41 pm      Post subject:

chemikbbmati
Hi, it was good to hear from you
I have been away from the computer this week
Please tell me more about why you think we are related...give me some information about your ancestors
The email that you sent with attachments, there was nothing to open up....you might try again
Hope to hear from you
klizzy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm      Post subject:

chemikbbmati
I thought I try again to communicate with you.
I'm interested in finding out what connection you have with the Mysliwy name. Is it your last name? grandparents? aunt or uncle?
My connection is in the previous messages connected to this one.
Please let me know about your connection, are there any Mysliwys in Szebnie today.
Hope to hear from you.....klizzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: