PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 am      Post subject: Family Ziemba and Ciesielski: Chicago

Is it possible to find anything about this family.

Family Ziemba are in cenus 1920

Franc (iszek) Ziemba 32 years married to Anastazia Ziemba (born Ciesielska) 21 years. Arrival at Ellis Island 11th March 1913 from Janow, Russia with the ship Rotterdam.
On the same ship there was a Josefa Ciesielska 19 years from Dobrow, Russia.
All three were over to a family member named Teofil Krygier.

Brother of Anastazia Michal Ciesielski Emigrated to USA from Policzi, Russia: 4th August 1913

They moved to Chicago.

Family search:
Children: Kazimira Ziemba born 15 March 1913 and died 12th September The 1913th
Stephan Ziemba born 28.okt. 1914
Helena Ziemba born 1 feb.1917
Stella Ziemba born 22 May 1919
Alice Zie (M) BA, born 28.aug. 1921
Edward Ziemba born?

Franciszek (Frank) Ziemba died 1948 in Chicago

Find a grave:
The following information regarding Franciszek Ziemba is taken directly from the death notice & parish records here at Five Holy Martyrs Church, where Franciszek Ziemba was a parishioner: Franciszek (Frank) Ziemba died June 3, 1948 after a short illness. He was 67 years old. His residence at time of death was 2529 W. 45th Place, Chicago, Illinois 60632. He was survived by his children: Sons- Stefan (Stephen) & Edward Ziemba; Daughters- Helena & Stanislawa (Stella). His half-brother: Jan (John) Zagozda & his wife, Weronika (Veronica). His sons-in-law: Edmund Leracz & Ryszard (Richard) Madura. Grandchildren. Funeral arrangements were made through the Pacholski Funeral Home, 2620 W. 47th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60632 (This Funeral Home has since closed operations). Funeral Mass for Franciszek Ziemba was celebrated on Monday, June 7, 1948 at 9:30 a.m. at Five Holy Martyrs Church and he was buried at resurrection Cemetery in Justice, Illinois 60458

Last edited by alexho on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:52 am      Post subject: Re: Family Ziemba and Ciesielski: Chicago

alexho wrote:
Is it possible to find anything about this family.

Family Ziemba are in cenus 1920

Franc (iszek) Ziemba 32 years married to Anastazia Ziemba (born Ciesielska) 21 years. Arrival at Ellis Island 11th March 1913 from Janow, Russia with the ship Rotterdam.

The following link takes you to the familysearch website that has a number of records on the Frank Ziemba family. If there's a small black box on the left side next to the name, the original record has been scanned and can be downloaded for free.

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=recordResults&searchType=close&surname=Ziemba&givenName=Frank
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much Ute. It is on the familysearch website I have found the children's birth data.
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 am      Post subject:

1880 Birth certificate for Franciszek Ziemba_____________________ Janów. This happened in the village of Dobrów on 26 October/7 November 1880 at 1 p.m. Wojciech Ziemba appeared, a farmer from the village of Janów, age 25, in the presence of Mikołaj Włodarczyk, a farmer from Koźmińska Kuźnica, age 32, and Marcin Józefowicz, also a farmer from the village of Janów, age 48, and presented to us a child of the male gender, stating that it was born in the village of Janów on 18/30 October of this year at 5 p.m. to his lawful wife, Julianna nee Andrzejewska, age 21. At Holy Baptism performed this day the child was given the name Franciszek, and his godparents were Mikołaj Włodarczyk and Florentyna Mielcarek. This document was read to the declarant and witnesses, who are illiterate, and signed only by us. Rev. M. Drzewiecki, pastor of the parish and Civil Registrar [Written sideways in the margin -- Per the report of the Dobrów parish pastor dated 6/19 November 1912 under No. 160 is entered: Franciszek Ziemba on 30 October/12 November in the Dobrów church contracted a marital union with Anastazja Ciesielska.]

Last edited by alexho on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am      Post subject:

alexho wrote:
Hello Shellie

I have tryed to search on Ancestry but I can´t find Francisek and his wife.

This is from Ellis Island

On the same ship there was a Josefa Ciesielska 19 years from Dobrow, Russia.

Hello Alexho!!!!
Can you tell us what kind of info you are looking for? Are you trying to move forward to find Ziemba family in the US? I remember your beautiful family photos that you posted of your Ciesielski relatives on our Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards forum.

I see that you have found your Ziembas on the Census and have found some children's names and graves. Maybe you've seen this, but there is another member interested in Ziemba / Zemba surname: http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89&highlight=Ziemba
Shellie

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:52 am      Post subject:

Alexho,
This WWII draft card appears to be your Franciszek.

Ziemba, Frank WWII draft.jpg
 Description:
Click on image to view larger
 Filesize:  138.62 KB
 Viewed:  18905 Time(s)

Ziemba, Frank WWII draft.jpg

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 am      Post subject:

Hello Shellie

Thank you so much for your help.
Yes it must be my Frank Ziemba. Now I can see that Helena was married to Leracz (Lerich)
Shellie

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:37 pm      Post subject:

alexho wrote:
Hello Shellie

Thank you so much for your help.
Yes it must be my Frank Ziemba. Now I can see that Helena was married to Leracz (Lerich)

You are welcome Alexho - Are you trying to find Ziemba family in the US?
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 am      Post subject:

Yes I am trying to find descendants of family Ziemba.
from the death notice I can see there are grandchildren.I do not know if it is the children of Ziemba(Stephen or Edward) or Leracz -Madura.
Until now I have been able to find descendants from Poland,Gemany,France, USA and Denmark of my gg-grandfather Andrzej Ciesielski from Poland.
Anastazia Ziemba (born Ciesielska) was the granddaugther of Andrzej Ciesielski.

I am not succeeded to find descendants of the Ziemba family, but I hope some day it succeeded.
Shellie

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:50 pm      Post subject:

I don't know if this relates to your Ziemba family, but I found this image at the Polish Digital Library while I was browsing items related to Rzeszow:

Subject: Ziemba, Ryszard (1933 -); Rzeszów - kultura

In the photo annotation: Richard Ziemba Rzeszowianin for many years engaged in the luminaire art books, is also working on a cycle depicting the form of books throughout history. On slide. R. Ziemba presenting a copy of the book before 6 thousand years

I posted the thumbnail photo, but I think you can view a better version at the digital library:

http://www.pbc.rzeszow.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=1494&from=pubindex&dirids=32&lp=777

Ziemba Richard photo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.22 KB
 Viewed:  18902 Time(s)

Ziemba Richard photo.png

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:44 am      Post subject:

Hello Shellie.

Thank you so musch for all your help. I don't think Ryzard Ziemba is one of my Ziemba family.
In the Poznan project I have found Franciszek Ziemba's grandfather and grandmother.

I wish you and all members of Polish Origins a Happy New Year Smile
Shellie

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 pm      Post subject:

Hi Alexho,
How exciting that you found Franciszek's grandparents! Have you had any luck finding his descendants in the US?
Happy New Year to you too. I hope this is your best year for family history!
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:16 am      Post subject:

Hi Shellie,
I have not found descendants of the Ziemba family in the U.S.Sad
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:15 am      Post subject:

Hi

Anastazia Ziemba nee Ciesielska: Born 1892? in Janow . Father: Jozef Ciesielski - Mother: Anna Krygier.

1912: Franciszek Ziemba on 30 October/12 November in the Dobrów church contracted a marital union with Anastazja Ciesielska.

Franciszek was survived by his children in 1948.
Was he divorced from Anastazia or was he a widow?
I've tried to find something about Anastazia but without success.
Shellie

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Family Ziemba and Ciesielski: Chicago

Hi Alexho,
On the FIND A GRAVE site for Frank Ziemba, at his obituary (in Polish Language) was posted by a Find a Grave member ALEXANDER. Have you tried to contact Alexander?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=ziemba&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GSsr=161&GRid=29661277&df=all&

Is that you???

Last edited by Shellie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to: