PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 pm      Post subject:

Alexho~ After some digging I found an Edmund Leracy who was born 6 Jan 1912 and died 22 May 1975 and a Helen Leracy who died 1985 in Chicago. Using Ancestry I was lucky enough to find an obituary for Edmund, but not for Helen (others might want to try as the Chicago Tribune obituaries in Nov. 1985 were giving me problems - someone else might be able to get to the surnames starting LER in the obituaries, I could not).

Chicago Tribune May 24, 1975

LERACY (LERACZ)
Edmund T. Leracy, late of the Brighton Park Neighborhood, beloved husband of Helen, nee Ziemba; loving father of Edmund J., CPD (Bernice) Leracz and Vincent Leracz; dear brother of Renee (Frank) Miller. Funeral Monday, May 26, 1975, 10:30 a.m., from Ocwieja Funeral Home, 4254 S. Mozart St., corner of 43d St. to Five Holy Martyrs Church. Interment Resurrection. Visitation Saturday 7 to 10 p.m. and Sunday 2 to 10 p.m. 254-3838.

In Social Security Death Index I found a Helen Leracy who was born 1 Feb 1917 (not Feb. 5 as you show Alexho) and died 3 Nov 1986 in Chicago (60652)

Found an Estelle Madura born 22 May 1919. Soc. Sec. card issued in Indiana. Died 17 May 1989.

At Family Search, Stella Ziemba’s birth certificate was created 25 Sept 1935 based on her father’s providing the information (no birth certificate was issued at birth). His address was 2529 W. 45th Place (same as in his obituary in 1948). Wonder if he was living there in 1930?

Are you anywhere near Chicago so that you could look Frank's name up in the old City Directories? If you could figure out where he was living in 1930 you might be able to use the address to find him in the 1930 Census - seems likely his name was written in the Census so that an indexer mangled it in some way.

Hope the info above helps. Looks like Helen's son Edmund worked for the Chicago PD. This should give you some good hints for tracking Helen's children down. They're probably in their late 60s or early 70s about now. ~PolishLibrarian
PolishLibrarian
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm      Post subject:

I think the Chicago Tribuine obituaries on Ancestry are only through 1985. May explain part of my problem since Helen died 3 Nov. 1986 (as I stated correctly the second time above). You can find death certficate numbers for Helen and Edmund on the CookCountyGenealogy.com website and you can order a copy of each for $15.00 a piece.
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 am      Post subject: Re: Family Ziemba and Ciesielski: Chicago

Shellie wrote:

Hi Alexho,
On the FIND A GRAVE site for Frank Ziemba, at his obituary (in Polish Language) was posted by a Find a Grave member ALEXANDER. Have you tried to contact Alexander?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=ziemba&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GSsr=161&GRid=29661277&df=all&

Hi Shellie

Thank you so much for your help.

It is me who have posted his obituary (in Polish Language)

Best regards Alexander Smile
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 am      Post subject:

Hi PolishLibrarian

I am not near Chicago. I am from Denmark
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:58 am      Post subject: Re: Family Ziemba and Ciesielski: Chicago

alexho wrote:
Shellie wrote:
alexho wrote:

Find a grave:
The following information regarding Franciszek Ziemba is taken directly from the death notice & parish records here at Five Holy Martyrs Church, where Franciszek Ziemba was a parishioner: Franciszek (Frank) Ziemba died June 3, 1948 after a short illness. He was 67 years old. His residence at time of death was 2529 W. 45th Place, Chicago, Illinois 60632. He was survived by his children: Sons- Stefan (Stephen) & Edward Ziemba; Daughters- Helena & Stanislawa (Stella). His half-brother: Jan (John) Zagozda & his wife, Weronika (Veronica). His sons-in-law: Edmund Leracz & Ryszard (Richard) Madura. Grandchildren. Funeral arrangements were made through the Pacholski Funeral Home, 2620 W. 47th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60632 (This Funeral Home has since closed operations). Funeral Mass for Franciszek Ziemba was celebrated on Monday, June 7, 1948 at 9:30 a.m. at Five Holy Martyrs Church and he was buried at resurrection Cemetery in Justice, Illinois 60458

Hi Alexho,
On the FIND A GRAVE site for Frank Ziemba, at his obituary (in Polish Language) was posted by a Find a Grave member ALEXANDER. Have you tried to contact Alexander?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=ziemba&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GSsr=161&GRid=29661277&df=all&

Hi Shellie
It is me who have posted his obituary (in Polish Language)
Best regards Alexander Smile

Oh that's funny! Where you wrote "The following information regarding Franciszek Ziemba is taken directly from the death notice & parish records here at Five Holy Martyrs Church" and the note about the funeral home no longer in operation.... I misunderstood and thought that the obituary was added to Find A Grave by someone living in Chicago. Embarassed
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 am      Post subject:

Hi Alexho! I hope that you have been finding more information about your family! Thank you for posting your family photos in the photo section of the forum.

Since you have started such a nice thread here about your family, would you like to post your photos here too? I can help you combine some photos if you want to show more than one at a time.
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am      Post subject:

Hi Shellie
I have not been able to find more information about the Ziemba family.
I hope that Ed Leracz will come with some new information.
Shellie it could be fine if you could combine some photos.
Thank you so much for your help
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 pm      Post subject:

Hi Alex!
Attached are the photos that you posted on the photo section of the forum. These are great photos of your ancestors! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Ciesielski.jpg
 Description:
Click to view larger image
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Viewed:  12928 Time(s)

Ciesielski.jpg

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much Shellie.

They are cousins to Anastazia Ziemba.
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:42 am      Post subject:

I´m a litle bit confused Edward and Alice have the same birthday (From family search)

Name Alice Zieba
Event Type Birth
Event Date 28 Aug 1921
Event Place Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States
Registration Place , Cook, Illinois
Gender Female
Father's Name Frank Zieba
Father's Age 36
Father's Estimated Birth Year 1885
Mother's Name Anastazya Ciesielska
Mother's Age 28
Mother's Estimated Birth Year 1893
Certificate Number 46305

Name Edward Ziemba
Event Type Death
Event Date 13 Jun 1953
Event Place Chicago Heights, Cook, Illinois, United States
Address 2529 W 45 Pl
Gender Male
Age 31
Marital Status Single
Race White
Occupation Laborer
Birth Date 28 Aug 1921
Birthplace , , Illinois
Funeral Home Gerardi Funeral Home
Burial Place Lyons, , Illinois
Cemetery Resurrection
Father's Name Frank Ziemba
Informant's Name Edmund Leracy

From the United States Census, 1940 was Frank Ziembas Marital Status widowed.
So far I have not succeded in finding Anastazia Ziemba neé Ciesielska death date.
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:35 am      Post subject: Anastazia Ziemba photo of her father

alexho wrote:
Hi

Anastazia Ziemba nee Ciesielska: Born 1892? in Janow . Father: Jozef Ciesielski - Mother: Anna Krygier.

1912: Franciszek Ziemba on 30 October/12 November in the Dobrów church contracted a marital union with Anastazja Ciesielska.

Franciszek was survived by his children in 1948.
Was he divorced from Anastazia or was he a widow?
I've tried to find something about Anastazia but without success.

Jozef Ciesielski.jpg
 Description:
Hi Shellie
Photo of her father Jozef Ciesielski sent from Poland,and there is a picture of her husband on Find A grave. Unfortunately I have not been able to find more about Anastazia Ziemba.

Best regards from Denmark
 Filesize:  155.86 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jozef Ciesielski.jpg

looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 122

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:44 pm      Post subject:

Hello Alexander,

In reading the thread, it appears that one of your objectives is to find descendants of Frank Ziemba and Anastazia Ciesielska.

I notice that there is a picture posted for Anastasia’s husband, Franciszek “Frank” Ziemba on Find A Grave. Have you been in contact with the poster of that photograph? She has Ziemba in her name.

I also looked at the Find A Grave records Anastazia and Frank’s daughter “Estella Frances Ziemba Madura,” death in 1989, and her son “Harry James Madura,” death in 1996. If you haven’t already done so, look at the death certificates under the informant names. It appears that the informants - daughter for Estella and a brother for Harry, are the grandchildren of Frank and Anastazia Ziemba and it may be worthwhile to search for them. I note that these death certificates were posted by the same Find A Grave member that added the photo to Frank’s Find A Grave memorial. (I am being careful not to name potential living people in an online forum.)

In your post of Mar 12, 2012, you say “I hope that xxx Leracz will come with some new information.” Are you (or were you) in contact with the son of Edmund T. Leracy (Leracz) and Helen Ziemba Leracy (Leracz)?

Good luck,
Diane
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:54 am      Post subject:

Hello Diane
It was not me who posted the death certificates of Estella and her son Harry.I have been in contact with the poster of the photo and I were in contact with the son.He could not give me further information.

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:18 am      Post subject: Michal Ciesielski - son of Jozef Ciesielski and Anna Krygier

I´m looking for information about Michal Ciesielski.
He was baptized in Dobrów
Great Poland in the year 1889
According to an email from my Polish family, he migrated to the United States. According to her information, he got married and they became one child. He died in a young age.
"Moja mama mówiła, że twój dziadek Aleksander Ciesielski i Michał Ciesielski (syn Józef Ciesielski i Anna Krygier) uciekli przed carskim poborem do wojska i Aleksander dostał się do Danii a Michał pojechał do USA do Chicago. Pracował tam w rzeźni i młodo zmarł na wyrostek robaczkowy. Miał żonę i małego synka, którzy zostali po jego śmierci. Wyjechał w tym czasie co Twój dziadek Aleksander Ciesielski. Więcej informacji moja mama nie zna".
From Find a Grave : https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/145082898/michael-ciesielski ( I'm not sure if it's the same person)
From Ellis Island : Ciesielski, Michal1913 Policzi, Russia Rotterdam(It could be him, but I'm not sure) Where is Policzi? My Michal is from Police Mostowe, Praksedow or Janow
I have tried if I could find something about his marriage but without success.
mcdonald0517

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:21 pm      Post subject:

Hello Alexho,

The passenger list you found is your Michael. I am attaching the full document of 2 pages. He is line 8. Note his father is listed as Josef and his destination is Chicago Illinois to his brother in law. Other details on the passenger list line up.

Policzi written on the passenger list is a shortened form of Police Mostowe That was written by the scribe as he heard it. Also, the passenger list confirms his father Josef was residing in Kolo county - same county for
Police Mostowe and Dobrow.

I will post his death information later.

Best,
Cynthia

36A120B9-38A8-411B-A0FD-F12AB04E15A0.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  604.7 KB

36A120B9-38A8-411B-A0FD-F12AB04E15A0.jpeg

AB05E1CC-9211-418B-8C40-0A0CF6788AB0.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  624.12 KB

AB05E1CC-9211-418B-8C40-0A0CF6788AB0.jpeg

Last edited by mcdonald0517 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Page 2 of 3

Jump to: