PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:39 pm      Post subject: Help Reading Location Names on Marriage Record (1866)

Hi all,

Can someone please try to identify the names of the locations I've boxed on the attached file? This is my great-great-grandparents' marriage record from 1866. I've numbered each location.

I have my own thoughts on what these location names are, but I'd really like an unbiased opinion.

If you're able to help, I'd appreciate it - thank you!

Matt

Jakub Kutner & Marianna Rosiak Marriage Record - 1866 - Top Entry - Flattened Numbers.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Jakub Kutner & Marianna Rosiak Marriage Record - 1866 - Top Entry - Flattened Numbers.pdf
 Filesize:  2.03 MB
 Downloaded:  440 Time(s)

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Help Reading Location Names on Marriage Record (1866)

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone please try to identify the names of the locations I've boxed on the attached file? This is my great-great-grandparents' marriage record from 1866. I've numbered each location.

I have my own thoughts on what these location names are, but I'd really like an unbiased opinion.

If you're able to help, I'd appreciate it - thank you!

Matt

1. Trzebiny Stare
2. Trzebinach, a declensioned form for Trzebiny
3. Kolony Lipiskiej, a declensioned form for Kolonia Lipiski (or Lipieck)
4. Kutnerów, a declensioned form for Kutner
5. Ksiestwo Poznanskie - https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wielkie_Ksi%C4%99stwo_Pozna%C5%84skie
6. Kumorników. No idea why a second surname, if she hadn't been married before.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much, Gilberto!

Tough to find these. Most especially, I'm trying the birth records for this couple, but it's tough to figure out which parishes these would be in...

M
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 am      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:
Thank you very much, Gilberto!

Tough to find these. Most especially, I'm trying the birth records for this couple, but it's tough to figure out which parishes these would be in...

M

You are welcome. It seems the parish is Chlewo. If so, must be places nearby.
Where did you get this record from?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am      Post subject:

Hi Gilberto,

I located this marriage record at the following site:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/737/0/6.1/116#tabSkany

If you’re able to help me at all with locating the birth records for this married couple, I’d really appreciate it. Similarly, if we would be able to find their parents’ birth, marriage, or death records, that would be fantastic.

Thank you, as always,

Matt
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:22 pm      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi Gilberto,

I located this marriage record at the following site:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/737/0/6.1/116#tabSkany

If you’re able to help me at all with locating the birth records for this married couple, I’d really appreciate it. Similarly, if we would be able to find their parents’ birth, marriage, or death records, that would be fantastic.

Thank you, as always,

Matt

Matt,

The correct name of the place is Trzebienie Stare, close to Chlewo. I have checked some old maps and could not find any Kolonia Lipskie or Lipiecki in the area. They had other children born in Kobylnik, Dabrowa Wielka and Glaniszew. Close to these places there is one named Staw (Lipki). I have looked at Staw entry in SGKP and there is no mention to any Lipki. Dead end.
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=05ld&rid=B&search_lastname=kutner&search_name=&search_lastname2=roszak&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

Bride's parents married in Sokolnik (Wrzesnia). See map attached. Sokolniki is indexed in Geneteka, but not Anna is listed there. In the marriage record I read her birth place as Gniezno. There is about 5 RC Churches online in Gniezno, in www.szukajwarchiwach.pl I see she was 17, therefore born about 1849.

Hope this will help you to find more.

Gilberto

Capturar2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capturar2.JPG

Sem título.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  357.66 KB

Sem título.jpg

Capturar.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.59 KB

Capturar.JPG

Send e-mail
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:38 pm      Post subject:

Hi Gilberto,

This is a huge help, thank you so much!

You mentioned that "they" had other children in 3 other towns - yes, those are Jakub & Marianna's children (they also had a sixth, Madlyn)!

I'll have to check the 5 RC churches online in Gniezno - hopefully that will yield Anna's birth record.

Do you happen to see any information regarding death records for Jakub's mother (Magdalena Bednarz) and Marianna's mother (Anna Kmieciak)? Jakub's father, Chryzostom, died in August 1852 in Goszczanow (just found it); Marianna's father, Martinus, died in 1869 in Kobylniki (just found that one also - and his parents' names were Pawel and Marianna).

Very much appreciate your guidance,

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: