PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm      Post subject: marriage @ St. Adalbert Church, Chicago, ILL on 18 June 1907

Am interested in the information shown on the marriage record of Piotr or Peter Bartoszek or Bartosek and
Maryanna or Maria Rubysz or Rubis at St. Adalbert Church, Chicago on 18 June 1907.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 pm      Post subject: Re: marriage @ St. Adalbert Church, Chicago, ILL on 18 June

woodshoe wrote:
Am interested in the information shown on the marriage record of Piotr or Peter Bartoszek or Bartosek and Maryanna or Maria Rubysz or Rubis at St. Adalbert Church, Chicago on 18 June 1907.

Are you looking for the church marriage record or do you have it already and just need help deciphering the information? I found a marriage licence for Piotr Bartosek and Maryanna Rubis issued on June 4, 1907 in Chicago at the office of Joseph F. Haas, County Clerk of the County of Cook and the Seat thereof:
Groom: Piotr Bartosek
Groom's Age: 22
Groom's Estimated Birth Year: 1885
Groom's Birth Date: 1885
Bride: Maryanna Rubis
Bride's Age: 21
Bride's Estimated Birth Year: 1886
Bride's Birth Date: 1886
Marriage Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 18 Jun 1907
Marriage Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Film Number: 1030422
Frame Number:
Digital Film Number: 4270863
Image Number: 147
Reference Number: 458590
Collection: Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920

According to the marriage licence, the couple was married by Father Gronkowski on June 18, 1907 at St. Adalbert Church, Chicago. The church marriage record holds additional information, e.g. the names of the groom’s parents, the bride’s parents, and the names of marriage witnesses who were often relatives or close friends of the bride or groom, which may be helpful for further research. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to church marriage records, but I can e-mail you a copy of the marriage licence if you like.
Ute
woodshoe

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 am      Post subject:

Ute

Thank you for the marriage licence info. for Piotr Bartosek & Maryana Rubis.

Yes, I am looking for the church marriage record.
Is it possible to obtain a copy of it ? If so, can you advise me who to contact.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

John
TMatyskela

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 pm      Post subject: Marriage License for Piotr Bartosek

Hi John -
I found the marriage license for Piotr Bartosek - is this the image you were looking for? I found it on familysearch.org - an excellent free resource with lots of images of vital record from around the country. Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Tina Matyskela

Marriage Lic bartosek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  567.5 KB
 Viewed:  6523 Time(s)

Marriage Lic bartosek.jpg

Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm      Post subject:

woodshoe wrote:
Ute
Thank you for the marriage licence info. for Piotr Bartosek & Maryana Rubis. Yes, I am looking for the church marriage record.
Is it possible to obtain a copy of it ? If so, can you advise me who to contact. Your assistance is much appreciated. John

John,
I checked the Marriage Index for Polish Parishes in Chicago through 1915 at the PGSA site (Polish Genealogical Society of America http://pgsa.org/ ) and found Bartoszek, Peter - Rubysz, Maria; Date of Marriage: 6-18-1907; St. Adalbert Church, Chicago, IL; Film #1704766; Item #4; Page 155; Volume 4.
However, PGSA has only copies of marriage and birth records from three Chicago Polish churches: St. Stanislaus Kostka, Holy Trinity, and St. John Cantius that can be ordered by completing an order form. It says on their website that LDS has microfilmed registers of parishes in the Archdiocese of Chicago through the year 1915 and that the films are available through the local Family History Library. I assume the Film number given in the PGSA Marriage Index for Peter Bartoszek and Maria Rubysz refers to the film you have to order through your local Family History Library. I don’t know if Ancestry.com has Chicago marriage records for the year 1907 (I don’t have a subscription to Ancestry.com), but perhaps someone else can check that for you.
I just noticed that Tina responded and posted a copy of the marriage licence that I sent you the information from yesterday. Tina is right, familysearch.org is an excellent free resource. The link is http://pilot.familysearch.org/
Ute
woodshoe

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 am      Post subject:

Ute and Tina:

Thanks to both of you, for your help regarding the 1907 marriage @ St. Adalbert Church, Chicago.

I will order the microfilm at my local LDS Family History Library.

I do have a membership at ancestry.com and have searched for the marriage record there, but they do not cover 1907.

Thank you again.

John
surbanowski

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm      Post subject:

John -
I don't know if you ever got a copy of the church marriage record. I was browsing the forum today and came across your message. FamilySearch.org recently added a large collection of Chicago Archdiocese church records. Since they are not indexed, they are a bit of a chore to browse, but at least they are grouped by church, type of record and time frame. Some of the sub-groups have indexes at the beginning of the images.

I found the marriage record you are looking for - it includes parents and witness' names. You can find the image at https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-13032-41615-88?cc=1452409&wc=11822834. If that doesn.t work, go to the St. Adalbert collection, Marriages 1884-1915, and go to image #446.

Steve

bartosek_marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  235.74 KB
 Viewed:  6523 Time(s)

bartosek_marriage.jpg

Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:48 pm      Post subject:

surbanowski wrote:
John -
I don't know if you ever got a copy of the church marriage record. I was browsing the forum today and came across your message. FamilySearch.org recently added a large collection of Chicago Archdiocese church records. Since they are not indexed, they are a bit of a chore to browse, but at least they are grouped by church, type of record and time frame. Some of the sub-groups have indexes at the beginning of the images.

I found the marriage record you are looking for - it includes parents and witness' names. You can find the image at https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-13032-41615-88?cc=1452409&wc=11822834. If that doesn.t work, go to the St. Adalbert collection, Marriages 1884-1915, and go to image #446.

Steve

Steve,
WHAT A GREAT FIND!! I ordered some church marriage records in Chicago some years back and they turned out to be very helpful in my research, because they listed the names of the bride's and groom's parents, the place of birth of baptism, and the names of marriage witnesses. I don't have time today but will definitely check that out tomorrow. Thank you veryuch for sharing this info with us!
Ute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: