PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Jarinski/Jaronski
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:45 pm      Post subject: Jarinski/Jaronski

Help needed and appreciated!

I have not had any luck on my fathers side. I know up until my 2nd great grandparents. I only found them last year, thanks to a marriage certificate. Our last name has been seen a few different ways so that gets really confusing, especially when you don't have a lot of names to go on. Here is what I have so far.

(My grandfather) Edward Gerald Jarinski B 9/16/1929 Hamtramck, Michigan D 9/12/1998 Wayne, Michigan. Last name was spelled Jaronski on his baptism papers. Married to Lorraine Regina Grzelakowski

(My great grandfather) Stanislaw/Steve/Stanley (he went by 3 different names) Jarinski B 3/11/1897 Poland. D 4/26/1956 Detroit, Michigan. Married to Sophie Zuchowska or Zuchowski

(My great great grandfather and great great grandmother) Frank and Johanne. I only have those 2 names and it says they were born in Poland. That is all the info that was on Stanley and Sophie's marriage certificate.

Any info at all would be very helpful. Or being point in another direction. Thank you in advance!
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 pm      Post subject: Re: Jarinski/Jaronski

TaraLynn1528 wrote:
Help needed and appreciated!

I have not had any luck on my fathers side. I know up until my 2nd great grandparents. I only found them last year, thanks to a marriage certificate. Our last name has been seen a few different ways so that gets really confusing, especially when you don't have a lot of names to go on. Here is what I have so far.

(My grandfather) Edward Gerald Jarinski B 9/16/1929 Hamtramck, Michigan D 9/12/1998 Wayne, Michigan. Last name was spelled Jaronski on his baptism papers. Married to Lorraine Regina Grzelakowski

(My great grandfather) Stanislaw/Steve/Stanley (he went by 3 different names) Jarinski B 3/11/1897 Poland. D 4/26/1956 Detroit, Michigan. Married to Sophie Zuchowska or Zuchowski

(My great great grandfather and great great grandmother) Frank and Johanne. I only have those 2 names and it says they were born in Poland. That is all the info that was on Stanley and Sophie's marriage certificate.

Any info at all would be very helpful. Or being point in another direction. Thank you in advance!

Tara,

Jaronski is a valid polish surname.
Stanislaw was rendered as Stanley
Szczepan was rendered as Steve
Frank is the english form for Franciszek, and Johanne for Joanna.

Have you found Stanislaw's arrival? WWI or II draft card?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:54 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much for the name interpretation. That helps a lot!

I could not find his arrival or draft card. Stanley was married to Sophie in Dunkirk, New York on Oct. 5 1923. That is all I have. So he arrived some time before that.
mcdonald0517

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

I think I found the passenger list for Stanislaw Jaronski. He arrived Feb 19, 1912. He was 16 yrs old. He was born in Ripien, Russian Poland. He names his brother Adam as still living in Ripien, Gmina Plock. His destination is Dunkirk, NY to see his father, Marcin (I think) Jaronski.

Perhaps someone in the forum can verify the location. I suspect Ripien May be misspelled.

Both pages of manifest are attached. He is on line 4.

Best,
Cynthia

7A42E1A3-B8A9-4446-AFA5-28EC11784E08.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

7A42E1A3-B8A9-4446-AFA5-28EC11784E08.jpeg

2588016C-31E2-437F-8D54-C955F30EE591.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB

2588016C-31E2-437F-8D54-C955F30EE591.jpeg

Send e-mail
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:50 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much Cynthia! I have seen this myself, but not sure if it is him. With such little info to go on I never know what exactly adds up. The fathers name would be completely different. If Stanislaw put 'Frank' on his marriage certificate, why would it be different here?

Are you or anyone able to understand what it says under 'calling or occupation'?
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:20 pm      Post subject:

The occupation looks to me like “dlab” an abbreviation for day laborer.

Where did you get his marriage record? Ancestry?

Cynthia
Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:41 pm      Post subject:

I think you are dealing with different Jaronskis. Steve Jaronski is not the same person as Stanley Jaronski.

Are you sure your Stanley Jaronski lived and married in Dunkirk, NY?
Are you sure Your great grandmother was Sophie?
I notice you said he died in Detroit, MI. Are you sure?

The reason I ask is that in my Ancestry searches, I see multiple people with the same name - Stanley Jaronsky. Each of them live in different states: New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc.

My guess is that if you are sure your grandfather was from Michigan it is likely your great grandfather was too. If I were you, I would keep my searches to Michigan.

In other words, the marriage record is not Stanley’s and May be throwing you off.

What do you think?

Cynthia
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:43 pm      Post subject:

TaraLynn1528 wrote:
Thank you so much Cynthia! I have seen this myself, but not sure if it is him. With such little info to go on I never know what exactly adds up. The fathers name would be completely different. If Stanislaw put 'Frank' on his marriage certificate, why would it be different here?

Are you or anyone able to understand what it says under 'calling or occupation'?

BINGO! Cynthia. Tara, it is Rypin, kujawsko-pomorskie. No idea why his father was listed as Marcin. In his birth record it is Franciszek and mother is Joanna, nee Kakol. Record nr. 72, frame nr. 19, year 1897 in www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl

Gilberto
Send e-mail
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:44 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
The occupation looks to me like “dlab” an abbreviation for day laborer.

Where did you get his marriage record? Ancestry?

Cynthia

Thank you!

I believe i got it from family search
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
I think you are dealing with different Jaronskis. Steve Jaronski is not the same person as Stanley Jaronski.

Are you sure your Stanley Jaronski lived and married in Dunkirk, NY?
Are you sure Your great grandmother was Sophie?
I notice you said he died in Detroit, MI. Are you sure?

The reason I ask is that in my Ancestry searches, I see multiple people with the same name - Stanley Jaronsky. Each of them live in different states: New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc.

My guess is that if you are sure your grandfather was from Michigan it is likely your great grandfather was too. If I were you, I would keep my searches to Michigan.

In other words, the marriage record is not Stanley’s and May be throwing you off.

What do you think?

Cynthia

Stanislaw is his birth name. But when he moved to the states, he went by Steve. Then later in life, started going by Stanley. We have no idea why.

100% sure Sophie is my grandmother. A lot of family talks about both of them and we do have pictures, obituaries and all that stuff.

Both grandfather and great grandfather lived in Michigan. The marriage record, i believe is theres. Sophies parents are listed on there as the right names for my family. Which her father, Barney, my dad knew. He lived longer than his daughter, so my dad was able to spend some time with him as a child.

Last edited by TaraLynn1528 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
TaraLynn1528 wrote:

BINGO! Cynthia. Tara, it is Rypin, kujawsko-pomorskie. No idea why his father was listed as Marcin. In his birth record it is Franciszek and mother is Joanna, nee Kakol. Record nr. 72, frame nr. 19, year 1897 in www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl

Gilberto

I am getting crazy excited over here, you found his birth record?!?! The link you listed is not working properly for me. You have no idea how much you all just made my day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:57 pm      Post subject:

Great! And that is how these forums work! We piece it together...

Tara, Thanks for sharing the details of your family oral traditions. You have a lot of family witnesses and family stories to support the marriage record being his. Now that Gilberto found his birth record, we also know the passenger list is his as well.

As Gilbert said, Who knows why Marcin is listed as his father on the passenger list.... the scribe could have made a mistake..... maybe Marcin is a cousin or uncle but Stanley referred to him as father...... maybe Being only 16 and traveling alone he got frightened and gave a different story to the processing agent...
What is important is that you found him!

Cynthia
Send e-mail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 pm      Post subject:

TaraLynn1528 wrote:

I am getting crazy excited over here, you found his birth record?!?! The link you listed is not working properly for me.

Using the supplied link, I downloaded the birth record .......
Tom

71_235_0_196.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  386.74 KB

71_235_0_196.jpg

Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:17 pm      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
TaraLynn1528 wrote:

I am getting crazy excited over here, you found his birth record?!?! The link you listed is not working properly for me.

Using the supplied link, I downloaded the birth record .......
Tom

An extra bonus. Franciszek and Joanna marriage, in 1892. He was the son of Adam, deceased, and Maryana.
From what I see he was born in Rypin and was living in Ozorków (lodzkie) or vice-versa.

Gilberto

1892 - M - FraJoa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.4 KB

1892 - M - FraJoa.jpg

Send e-mail
TaraLynn1528

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Great! And that is how these forums work! We piece it together...

Tara, Thanks for sharing the details of your family oral traditions. You have a lot of family witnesses and family stories to support the marriage record being his. Now that Gilberto found his birth record, we also know the passenger list is his as well.

As Gilbert said, Who knows why Marcin is listed as his father on the passenger list.... the scribe could have made a mistake..... maybe Marcin is a cousin or uncle but Stanley referred to him as father...... maybe Being only 16 and traveling alone he got frightened and gave a different story to the processing agent...
What is important is that you found him!

Cynthia

Thank YOU for the help!

You are very right, he was young and maybe didn't know what to say. It is crazy to see how stories come together. I am beyond excited to have this pieced together!! This has been 9 years in the making for me and I am so very excited to share this with my dad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: