PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm      Post subject: Krzysiak in Ciche, and Babel in Czarny Dunajec

Hello, I’m currently trying to get information on my maternal great grandparents, Joseph Krzysiak and Alexandria Babel. We don’t have any information beyond obits for relatives in Poland.

Krzysiak:
We believe they’re from around Ciche or Zakopane. They were definitely Goral men.
Joseph Krzysiak: Born Oct 1, 1888. Died Jan 5, 1981. He got married and lived most of his life in Uniontown, Pennsylvania.
John Krzysiak: Joseph’s brother. Born around 1893. Died Dec 7, 1974. Got married to Rozalia Gievont and had two kids, Frank and Anna in Chicago.
Family: We believe their parents names were George and Agnes and had siblings: Anna, Paul, and Agnes still living in Poland based on obituaries.

Babel:
We believe they came from Czarny Dunajec.
Alexandria Babel: Born Jan 24, 1895. Died Jan 21, 1968. Got married and lived most her life in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. Had 10 children.
Rozalia Babel: Alexandria’s sister. Born Jan 19, 1887. Died Sep 25, 1964. Married Joseph Dlugopolski in Pennsylvania and lived most her life in Marinette, Wisconsin. Also had 10 children.
Family: According to obits had siblings Fred and Anna Babel in Poland.

If anyone has any information or tips I would greatly appreciate it.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Krzysiak in Ciche, and Babel in Czarny Dunajec

owkat92 wrote:
Hello, I’m currently trying to get information on my maternal great grandparents, Joseph Krzysiak and Alexandria Babel. We don’t have any information beyond obits for relatives in Poland.

Krzysiak:
We believe they’re from around Ciche or Zakopane. They were definitely Goral men.
Joseph Krzysiak: Born Oct 1, 1888. Died Jan 5, 1981. He got married and lived most of his life in Uniontown, Pennsylvania.
John Krzysiak: Joseph’s brother. Born around 1893. Died Dec 7, 1974. Got married to Rozalia Gievont and had two kids, Frank and Anna in Chicago.
Family: We believe their parents names were George and Agnes and had siblings: Anna, Paul, and Agnes still living in Poland based on obituaries.

Babel:
We believe they came from Czarny Dunajec.
Alexandria Babel: Born Jan 24, 1895. Died Jan 21, 1968. Got married and lived most her life in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. Had 10 children.
Rozalia Babel: Alexandria’s sister. Born Jan 19, 1887. Died Sep 25, 1964. Married Joseph Dlugopolski in Pennsylvania and lived most her life in Marinette, Wisconsin. Also had 10 children.
Family: According to obits had siblings Fred and Anna Babel in Poland.

If anyone has any information or tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

Here is the link to the marriage record of John/Jan Krzysiak and Rozalia Giewont. It is the second from the bottom of the page. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-XXD9-KMM?i=824&wc=M66P-VPX%3A39625701%2C40376001&cc=1452409
The wedding took place on Sept. 13,1915 in St. Adalbert Catholic Church (17th Street & Paulina) in Chicago. The info from the marriage register confirms some of what you already know. John/Jan was baptized in the parish of Chochołów. The village of Ciche belonged to that parish. In Polish the names of his parents were Wojciech Krzysiak and Agnieszka Król. Wojciech is Adalbert (like the name of the parish church) in English. For some reason, which remains a mystery to me, men with the name Wojciech called themselves George in the USA. Rozalia was from Czarny Dunajec and her parents were Jan Giewont and Marya Staszel.

There are a number of members of this forum who research the area near Czarny Dunajec. Hopefully one of them can give you further guidance and/or information.

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave
owkat92

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

Thank you so much for this information. That marriage record never showed up on Ancestry so I was in the dark about it.

Katie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: