PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:47 pm      Post subject: "Telutki recto Rudkowski" (Tylutki, Rutkowski, etc

That's Latin for "Telutki rightly called Rudkowski" (found on a key ancestral record). This was a huge revelation for me since ~ up until recently ~ I only knew my ancestors as Rudkowski.

I have also found quite a number of records in the Galician village of Kretowce (near Zbaraz) where the 2 surnames are seemingly used interchangeably... roughly a 150 year run from at least 1740 (earliest available document) to 1890 (when my family ancestors apparently started using Rutkowski exclusively).

Along the way, I have seen phonetic spellings as Tylutki, Telutki, Rudkowski, Rutkowski and even Rudkofki (going back 200 years on that one!).

Recently, I have even found out that Tylutki s settled in Amsterdam, NY. Since that is where my Kretowce Rutkowski s settled as well, I am wondering if the Tylutki s might have been from the same Polish village (or distantly related in some way?). Would really like to pick the brains of anyone related to the Amsterdam Tylutki s (apparently a significant name in Amsterdam... there is even a Tylutki Street!!). I cannot link them back to a specific place in Poland.

Not to confuse the issue but... some of my Rutkowski s relocated to Lipinki Luzyckie post-WW I.

So, I'm trying to connect with anyone researching the same names in the same places .. Tylutki, Rutkowski, Kretowce, Amsterdam, Lipinki.... let me hear from you!!

Last but not least ... would also like comments from anyone who has encountered dual surnames in their family history.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by SteveJ on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: