PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 am      Post subject: Request for Help Reading Record

Hello,

My great-grandfather Marcin Niemiec (son of Jakub Niemiec + Agnieszka Kuczek) had a sister, Regina Niemiec, who married Stanislaw on 13 Feb 1877 (Giedlarowa marriage record attached - see upper left hand corner). But I have trouble reading the information concerning the groom. To me it looks like:

Stanislaw Fylosta(?) (house number #188) age 32½, son of Marianna illegitimate of Brzuzan Kularszk(?)

Is anyone here able to correct my reading?

Thanks,
Michael Niemczyk

Regina Niemiec's marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Regina Niemiec's marriage.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:57 am      Post subject: Re: Request for Help Reading Record

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Hello,

My great-grandfather Marcin Niemiec (son of Jakub Niemiec + Agnieszka Kuczek) had a sister, Regina Niemiec, who married Stanislaw on 13 Feb 1877 (Giedlarowa marriage record attached - see upper left hand corner). But I have trouble reading the information concerning the groom. To me it looks like:

Stanislaw Fylosta(?) (house number #188) age 32½, son of Marianna illegitimate of Brzuzan Kularszk(?)

Is anyone here able to correct my reading?

Thanks,
Michael Niemczyk

Hi,
Even the record in the book is a bit blurred. I would say it is Łykowski.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:00 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Gilbert.

So if it seems to be Stanislaw Łykowski, then what would you say about the names of his parents?

Michael
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 pm      Post subject:

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Thank you, Gilbert.

So if it seems to be Stanislaw Łykowski, then what would you say about the names of his parents?

Michael

Michael,
I have zoomed it out and enlightened it as much as possible. By comparison to the marriages listed below
I think it could be Maryan and Agnes (Agnieszka) nee Brzozowska or similar. Just a guess.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:03 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much, Gilbert!
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 am      Post subject:

Hello, let me add two cents because i like to deal with austrian metrical books Smile

This record is hard to read. But it also lack of information about groom. It's because he is from different town/parish. And that is normal, the ceremony should perform in the parish of the bride which is Giedlarowa. The groom comes from nearby Brzóza Królewska. He lived at 188 house number (under the house number column is just Brzóza for short). Just look for that number in Brzóza Królewska birth records for more findings.

Im still no 100% sure of words recognition, but i would translate it like that:
Stanislaus Łykowski filius. Mariannae et. Lgt (or Illgt) Brzóz. Królewska.

I would be not sure if it is still Łykowski, until i found a birth record in Brzóza Królewska at 188 house number. For now Magroski49 gave best answer.
If we have mother only as a parent, then probably Stanisław was illegitimate.
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:33 am      Post subject:

Sirdan,

Your explanation that Stanislaus was born in Brzóza Królewska makes clear why, in records for Giedlarowa house #188, I always found members of a different family. Thanks!

Michael

NOTE: Sirdan - Do you know if there is an online link where I can search for Brzóza Królewska birth records?

Last edited by MikeHNiemczyk on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: