PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm      Post subject: Czeski / Czeska Surname

I'm wondering if anyone is knowledgeable about the surname Czeski or have any Czeski family in their tree. I have three siblings in my tree, Martin, Andreas, and Maria. They were married in the 1880s in different locations in Wielkopolski and all three list Johann Czeski and Agnes Kowalska as parents. Respectively there marriages were in 1880 in Lubosz, 1883 in Lwówek, and 1888 in Pobiedziska. I know the first two locations are near each other, so I'm wondering if the family originates there. I just can't find any birth or baptism records for them, or a marriage or death record for the parents. Do you think they could have a Czech origin with a surname like that?
Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 am      Post subject:

Hello
Lubosz roman catholic metrical books of baptisms, marriages and deseases approx from 1770 till 1911 are held in the State Archive in Poznan, look at here
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=Lubosz%20XTYPEro%3Apra&order=

Lwówek
The same type of books plus evangelic from approx 1808 till 1920, held in Poznan state archive

Pobiedziska
The same type roman catholic, evangelic and jewish from approx 1787 till 1914, held in Poznan state archive

So you can ask the stuff of the archive for research and scans.
[email protected]

Czeski stands for czech. The surname may indicates on the origins of your family, someone who came from Czech and setteled on a place. But it could have happend very long time ago mayby even in the time when your ancestor didn't have exact surname but only a name plus place of origin so locals could gave him a nickname czeski. It's possible.
Good luck
Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:25 am      Post subject:

Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:02 am      Post subject:

I suppous that you have found information on marriages on poznan project web. Have you ask them for original documents. There might be much ditailed information along with place of birth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: