PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:24 am      Post subject: piwowarczyk name

hi my name is edward piwowarczyk i understand that the name of piwowarczyk is related
to beer brewer in polish is that right.also could you help me to identify these placeis in poland wear my father came from prior to 1939 my father lived in settelment szymki, parish of jalowka, in the district of wolkowysk, county of bialystok.
and he was born in liehosiele this place i cant' fined on any maps full birth place swistocz, wolkowysk,bialystok poland
tank you for your time Eddie
jozefs
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 173

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:07 am      Post subject: Re: piwowarczyk name

Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 am      Post subject: Re: piwowarczyk name

edward piwowarczyk wrote:
hi my name is edward piwowarczyk i understand that the name of piwowarczyk is related
to beer brewer in polish is that right.also could you help me to identify these placeis in poland wear my father came from prior to 1939 my father lived in settelment szymki, parish of jalowka, in the district of wolkowysk, county of bialystok.
and he was born in liehosiele this place i cant' fined on any maps full birth place swistocz, wolkowysk,bialystok poland
tank you for your time Eddie

Edward,
I have no information on the name of Piwowarczyk, but I found some information on the villages Szymki (the settlement your father lived in prior to 1939) and Jałówka. They belong to the administrative district of Michałowo, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Białystok County, North Eastern Poland (Poland: 53°01' N, 23°54' E).

According to the Wikipedia website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja%C5%82%C3%B3wka,_Gmina_Micha%C5%82owo Jałówka (the parish you mentioned) has Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches.

The JewishGen.org website (see link below) indicates that Jałówka was Yaluvka, Volkovysk, Grodno before WWI and belonged to the Russian Empire, and Jałówka, Wołkowysk, Białystok between the wars. The map shows the location of Szymki, Jałówka, and Michałowo:
http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.dll?jg~jgsys~shtetm~-504803

I found another website with some interesting information on Michałowo:
http://www.michalowo.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1s
e.g. on the history of Michałowo:
http://www.michalowo.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=97

I couldn’t find any addresses to churches or archives in Michałowo that you could contact to see if they have any records on your ancestors, but perhaps someone else can help you with this.

Ute
edward piwowarczyk

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:54 am      Post subject:

hi i'm trying to collect as much infomation as i can on my late fathers past. Looking for help in translateing old
military documents and photos that i have in polish can anyone help. will attach some with this massage and add more later
regards Eddie
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm      Post subject:

http://genealodzy.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=Katalog&file=index&req=details&pid=2677&search=Jałówka
Information on Jalówka parish. Try contacting Anna Ratajczak, also researching that parish, via that link.
LDS records: Metrical books, 1797-1818
Authors Roman Catholic Church. I︠A︡lovka (Volkovysk) (Main Author)
Notes Microreproduction of original manuscripts in the Lithuanian State Historical Archives in Vilnius.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roman Catholic Church records (births, marriages, deaths) for I︠A︡lovka, Volkovysk, Grodno, Russia;
later Jalówka (Wołkowysk), Białystok, Poland; now Jalówka (Białystok), Białystok, Poland. Text in Latin, Polish and Russian.
Another source for records:
ARCHIWUM ARCHIDIECEZJALNE BIAŁOSTOCKA
15-077 Białystok
ul. Warszawska 46
e-mail: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: