PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:38 am      Post subject: SURNAME CISTON: Research in Podszkle (Bukowina-Podszkle)

Hello,

Good Morning,

I was referred to this forum from a member of the Polish Genealogy page on Facebook for records from Podszkle. I am currently trying to find a birth or marriage certificate for my husband’s great grandfather and hopefully his siblings as well. I don’t know what the surname’s variation would be over in Poland, but over here it was Americanized and is spelled as CISTON now:

Name: Anthony Ciston
DOB: 9 June 1887 (Bukowina-Podszkle)
DOD: 28 August 1934 (Kansas, USA)
SPOUSE 1: Dora (Surname Unknown)
SPOUSE 2: Mary Meisner
SIBLINGS: Joseph; John; Frank; Steven; Genovefa; William

I believe there is another sister, but it has been hard to map all the siblings together. I haven’t a clue what his parent’s names would be.

His first spouse was married to him prior to immigration to the United States, so I thought perhaps there would be a copy of his marriage record over there to her. Her American name was Dora. When she died he later married Mary Meisner in 1915.

Maybe you could tell me if Podszkle an ethnically Slovak village? All my records indicate that the Cistons were of Slovak origin, and it appears the village has been under the control of Poland, Slovakia and the former Czechoslovakia.

Thank you, and looking forward to your responses! All help is appreciated.

Emily
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: