PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:08 pm      Post subject: 1870s Polish Birth Record Puzzle

Hi all,

I would appreciate any help that can be offered to help locate this record - it's driving me crazy that I can't locate my great-grandfather's birth record. Here are the details...

My great-grandfather, Feliks Jaworski, was born in 1872 -1874 in Grzymki (according to his 1901 marriage record, which is attached); he was Roman Catholic. Via additional research, his parents' names were Franciszek Jaworski (born in Grzegorzew in 1837) and Waleria Barbara Lewandowska (born in Grzegorzew 1841). I believe Grzymki is part of Romany parish. I did have a member of this forum and a professional Polish genealogist check records for Romany parish from this period, and though they were very helpful, they did not find a hit - this seemed to stump my genealogist as well.

Feliks was one of at least 8 siblings, all of whom were either born in Ludomirow, Gaj, Dabrowica, Zimotki, or Boleszczyn. His father, Franciszek, was a peasant who seemed to travel a good bit, and eventually he became the owner of an estate. Feliks' brother Stanislaw was born just before Feliks in Gaj in 1870, and his brother Wojciech was born in Zimotki in 1878, so Feliks was born in the time period between these 2 brothers' births. I am slightly confused, however, because Grzymki is quite far (and quite far east) from the birth locations of all of Feliks' other siblings. Finding this birth record is extremely important to me (I have all the rest), so here are my questions:

1. Is there another parish (aside from Romany) or town in which the records for Grzymki might be stored? If yes, does anyone have any recommendations on where to look/access to check? Might the complete records for Grzymki be held by Russian archives rather than Polish archives?

2. Given the locations of Feliks' siblings' births, is there another Grzymki (or similar city/town) in the proximity of the other towns listed above?

My genealogist and I are stumped and can't figure out how/where to check next for this record, so if you are able to provide ANY recommendations on what else we might research, I'm all ears. This is an extremely important record for my family.

Thank you very much for any help!

Matt

Feliks Jaworski and Wiktoria Kutner - Marriage Ledger.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Feliks Jaworski and Wiktoria Kutner - Marriage Ledger.png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 am      Post subject: Re: 1870s Polish Birth Record Puzzle

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi all,

I would appreciate any help that can be offered to help locate this record - it's driving me crazy that I can't locate my great-grandfather's birth record. Here are the details...

My great-grandfather, Feliks Jaworski, was born in 1872 -1874 in Grzymki (according to his 1901 marriage record, which is attached); he was Roman Catholic. Via additional research, his parents' names were Franciszek Jaworski (born in Grzegorzew in 1837) and Waleria Barbara Lewandowska (born in Grzegorzew 1841). I believe Grzymki is part of Romany parish. I did have a member of this forum and a professional Polish genealogist check records for Romany parish from this period, and though they were very helpful, they did not find a hit - this seemed to stump my genealogist as well.

Feliks was one of at least 8 siblings, all of whom were either born in Ludomirow, Gaj, Dabrowica, Zimotki, or Boleszczyn. His father, Franciszek, was a peasant who seemed to travel a good bit, and eventually he became the owner of an estate. Feliks' brother Stanislaw was born just before Feliks in Gaj in 1870, and his brother Wojciech was born in Zimotki in 1878, so Feliks was born in the time period between these 2 brothers' births. I am slightly confused, however, because Grzymki is quite far (and quite far east) from the birth locations of all of Feliks' other siblings. Finding this birth record is extremely important to me (I have all the rest), so here are my questions:

1. Is there another parish (aside from Romany) or town in which the records for Grzymki might be stored? If yes, does anyone have any recommendations on where to look/access to check? Might the complete records for Grzymki be held by Russian archives rather than Polish archives?

2. Given the locations of Feliks' siblings' births, is there another Grzymki (or similar city/town) in the proximity of the other towns listed above?

My genealogist and I are stumped and can't figure out how/where to check next for this record, so if you are able to provide ANY recommendations on what else we might research, I'm all ears. This is an extremely important record for my family.

Thank you very much for any help!

Matt

Did You try to ask Łódź State Archives if there are so called "alegata" to this marriage record? If they have it there should be included birth record for Feliks

Can You show birth records for Feliks' siblings?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mattyj1202

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 am      Post subject:

Happy new year, Marcel!

Thanks for replying. I have not asked about alegata from the Lodz State Archives, but I definitely will.

Would you like me to email the birth records for Feliks' siblings to you?

As always, thanks...

M
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:
Happy new year, Marcel!

Thanks for replying. I have not asked about alegata from the Lodz State Archives, but I definitely will.

Would you like me to email the birth records for Feliks' siblings to you?

As always, thanks...

M

Happy New year too Smile

yes, please: [email protected]

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: