PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:45 pm      Post subject:

You are welcome. Anna mentions her place as Proboszczewice, gmina plockie. This is very close to Radzanowo. And there is a Wladyslaw Spiegowski indicating his place as Ossag-Wielki (I believe it is Osieki Wielki). The name is pretty common in Poland places, and there are two or three near Plocok. As you, I check places in present-day Poland using mapa.szukacz.pl
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am      Post subject:

Bill,
I have checked the birth indexes from 1874 to 1890 and did not find any Spiegowski/Spiegowska. The closest match is an Anton Spiek, born in 1886 (record number is 127). These indexes are pretty legible and were taken from the LDS microfilm 1808243 (items 5-7). The item 5 covers the records mentioned above, in polish; the item 6 covers births from 1875-1890 in russian, but I don't have the indexes anymore. I will try to get them with another friend.
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm      Post subject:

Today I received the birth indexes in russian. Unfortunately, they have the same content of those birth records in polish (I had not figure out that before). Since I am also researching this area, I found out that some people were registered in Drobin parish, rather than Koziebrody. There are LDS films for that parish. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Send e-mail
Bill Rushin
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:38 am      Post subject:

Dziękuję Bardzo - and I really appreciate your time, information and help.

PS-Do you know if there is any LDS films for Nowy Targ, Groń, Bialka Tatrazanska area?
Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:13 am      Post subject:

1934 Skorowidz Miejscowosci reads that parish for Gron was in Bialka (it does not mention Tatrazanska).

LDS has a film for a Bialka but I don't know if it refers to the same place: http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=139348&disp=Kopie+ksi%26%23x119%3Bg+metrykalnych%20%20&columns=*,0,0

Whenever I don't find a place in LDS website I use Keyword Search, rather than Place Name search.

Have you already checked the Pradziad database in http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en?
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: