PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 28

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:11 pm      Post subject: Research in Bytom, Slaskie, Poland

My great-grandmother Rose (Rozalia) Gora Mika was from a town called Bytom, in Slaskie Poland. 1854. Her father's name was Jan/Johann Gora (from death record). I have been trying to research her and her family for about 3 years, but have had no luck anywhere. I was wondering if there is a way I could research her or anywhere to go to research records in Bytom.

Thank you.
Nick[/list]
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 458

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:22 pm      Post subject:

Here are some links with scanned records from Bytom:

There are 56 pages of results for this one - you will have to sort through them to find the birth, marriage, and death records. The search parameters are limited to results with scans available:
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=Bytom%20XSKANro:t&rpp=15&page=54

Family search also has some records available either to search or browse online. You might have to copy/paste this link in a browser window:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=66122&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Katowice%2C%20Bytom%20(Bytom)%22&subjectsOpen=584347-50
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: