PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm      Post subject: Waksmunski

Hi. I am researching my Waskmundski Family.
Agnes Waksmundski married John Sral. They are both from Waksmund. They had a a daughter Tekla (Sral) Kunka (1866-1940). She came to the US in 1910 and settled in Hastings, PA with her husband John Kunka. Her ship manifest (1910) lists a sister in Poland as Rozalie Waksmundska in Waksmund. I am interested in learning more about Agnes and John... Did they have more children? When were they born/died, etc? They did not come to the US. Any suggestions on research are appreciated. Thank you!
Kim K

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:19 pm      Post subject:

There are some inheritance (and a couple other legal) records that come up in szukajwarchiwach under the terms Waksmund i Sral: https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=Waksmund%2C%20Sral%20XARCHro%3A29&order=&rpp=100

You'd have to untangle the possible family ties but there are some involving Jan-s and Rozalie-s. I limited the search to the Krakow branches because I came across Waksmund looking for other towns in the area but you could cast the net wider or alter the search terms with Waksmund. Very little is digitized in this Southern area.

Inheritance records from areas around Nowy Targ seem to all now reside in the Spytkowice branch of the National Archives Krakow (about a 1h15m West of Krakow.) I've only done research on site though, so I'm not entirely sure how to order copies from afar or how specific you can make your request. In my experience these documents tend to have lots of pages but with family information only on a few unless there were complicated transfers or stand-in representatives (ie: for family in America, etc.) In person, you can request old documents and take as many photos as you wish for free.

I know that some parish records from around the Nowy Targ area have reading copies in the Krakow Archdiocese but have not been to see them yet due to renovations at their location. As for searching/access/documents info I also don't yet know.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: