PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:04 pm      Post subject:

I would really appreciate a translation of this marriage record at your convenience. Thank you in advance.

1826 #28 Malzenstwo Pawel Pietrzak & Franciszka Estkerska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  747.51 KB
 Viewed:  8911 Time(s)

1826 #28 Malzenstwo Pawel Pietrzak & Franciszka Estkerska.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:55 am      Post subject:

fplaywin wrote:
I would really appreciate a translation of this marriage record at your convenience. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Here it is.

The scribe writing is difficult, and I think he was quite inattentif.

It does not happen often, but I could not find the place of birth of the bride (village and parish), despite a long time spent on that issue.

Another point is the name of the mother. The stepfather is Jakub Frątczak, and the mother remarried and named Asztczakowa [suffix owa, wife of Asztczak?].
It could be a typo of Frątczakowa, but I do not see F as the first letter. However in the line above Asztczakowa, there is a letter "A", in the name of the village Arkuszewo. Hypothesis: the scribe started with that "A" from the village, then got distracted, and later continued with the remider of (F)rątczak.

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO113:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1826_28_malzenstwo_pawel_pietrzak_and_franciszka_estkerska_321.jpg
MARRIAGE: 26 November 1826, 1 pm, in Przedecz
GROOM: Pawel Pietrzak, young man, born in the village Arkuszewo, 21 years old, residing with his stepfather thus far
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Mokolaj and Katarzyna spouses Pietrzak, father already passed away, mother living in Arkuszewo on the farm, remarried and named Asztczakowa [suffix owa, wife of Asztczak?],
BRIDE: Miss Franciszka Estkowska, born in the village (Hoczawa?) parishes (Drutowo?), 17 years old, evolved, staying with her parents.
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Maciej and Maryanna, spouses Estkowski residing in Zboyno on the farm,
WITNESSES: Jozef Andrzejewski, shoemaker, 29 years old, from Przedecz, and Jakub Frątczak, farmer from Arkuszewo, 32 years old, stepfather of the groom

28 Zboyno // Today: Zbójno
Dzialo sie w miescie Przedczu dnia dwudziestego szostego listopada tysiac osiemset dwudziestego szostego roku o godzinie pierwszej po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Jozefa Andrzejewskiego szewca z Przedcza lat dwadziescia dziewiec, i Jakuba Frątczaka gospodarza z Arkuszewa lat trzydziesci dwa majacego, oyczyma nizej wyrazonego zaslubionego, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo mieszy Pawlem Pietrzakiem, mlodzianem, urodzonym w Arkuszewie wsi, z Mikolaja i Katarzyny malzonkow Pietrzakow, ojciec juz nie zyje, matka mieszka w Arkuszewie na gospodarstwie, nazywajaca sie z powtornego slubu Asztczakowa, lat dwadziescia jeden majaca, i przy ojczymie dotad zostajacym; a panna Franciszka corka Macieja i Maryanny Estkowskich malzonkow, w Zboynie na gospodarstwie zamieszkalych, urodzona w (Hoczawie?) wsi parafii (Drutowskiej?), lat siedemnascie skonczonych liczaca, i przy rodzicach zostajaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w dniach jedenastym, dziewietnastym, dwudziestym szostym listopada roku biezacego w parafii tutejszej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych aktowi malzenstwa rodzicow nowozaslubionych. Tamowaniu malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowie oswiadzczaja iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, przez swiadka pierwszego podpisany zostal, stawajacy zas i drug swiadek, to jest Frątczak, pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz J.Kalinowski
Jozef Andrzejski swiadek

Translated:

It did happen in the city Przedecz, in the twenty-sixth day of November, year one thousand eight hundred twenty sixth, at one o'clock in the afternoon. We make it know that in the consciousness of witnesses Jozef Andrzejewski, shoemaker, twenty-nine years old, from Przedecz, and Jakub Frątczak, farmer from Arkuszewo, thirty-two years old, stepfather of the groom stated below, today has been concluded religious marriage between Pawel Pietrzak, young man, born in the village Arkuszewo, son of Mokolaj and Katarzyna spouses Pietrzak, father already passed away, mother living in Arkuszewo on the farm, remarried and named Asztczakowa [suffix owa, wife of Asztczak?], twenty-one years old, residing with his stepfather thus far; and Miss Franciszka, daughter of Maciej and Maryanna, spouses Estkowski residing in Zboyno on the farm, born in the village (Hoczawa?) parishes (Drutowo?), seventeen years old, evolved, staying with her parents. This marriage was preceded by three announcements in the days, eleventh, nineteenth, twenty-sixth November of the current year in the local parish, as also oral permission from the present to the act of marriage parents of the newlywed. No opposition to the marriage had happen. The newlyweds declare they have not entered into any prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the present and witnesses, and was signed by the first witness, the present and the second witness, that is Frątczak, do not know how to write.
Priest J.Kalinowski
Jozef Andrzejski witness
==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:02 am      Post subject: Re: ANCLOWICZ OR JANKLOWICZ

zack wrote:
Thank you for your recent translations
I would appreciate if you could translateand let me know:
Its ANCLOWICZ OR JANKLOWICZ?
and what is Josek hersz PARENTS name?
Zack

Zack,

It's clearly Anclowicz.
I have doubt about the second given name of Jakob Leyb Anclowicz, which I noted "Leyb".

Here it is.
Best,

==

==PO113:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/josek_hersz_anclowicz_175.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 13 January 1861, 9 am, in Szydlowiec
FATHER: [Starozakonny] old religious Jakob Leyb Anclowicz, speculator, residing here in Szydłowiec, 45 years old
MOTHER: Cymla born Hochner, 40 years old, his wife
KTO: Josek Hersz Anclowicz, born 6 January 1861, 5 am, in Szydłowiec
WITNESSES: [Starozakonny] old religious Herszek Fuks, 63 years old, and Fajwel Mendelbaum, 59 years old, teachers residing here, in Szydlowiec

Dzialo sie w miescie Szydlowcu dnia trzynastego stycznia tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego pierwszego roku o godzinie dziewiatej rano. Przede mna Burmistrzem miasta Szydlowca Urzednikiem Stanu Cywilnego stawil sie Starozakonny Jakob Leyb Anclowicz, spekulant tu w Szydlowcu zamieszkaly lat czterdziesci piec liczacy, i w obecnosci swiadkow Starozakonnych Herszka Fuks lat szescdziesiat trzy i Fajwla Mendelbaum lat piecdziesiat dziewiec liczacych, szkolnikow tu zamieszkalych, okazal nam dziecie plci meskiej urodzone w Szydlowcu dnia szostego stycznia roku biezacego o godzinie piatej rano, z jego malzonki Cymli z Hochnerow lat czterdziesci liczacej, ktoremu to dziecieciu przy obrzezaniu w dniu dzisiejszym odbytym nadano imiona Josek Hersz. Poczem akt ten stawajacemu i swiadkom przeczytany, i przez tychze podpisany zostal.
/ znaczy / Jakob Leyb Anclowicz (in Hebrew)
H. Fuks
/ znaczy / Fajwel Mendelbaum (in Hebrew)
Urzednik Stanu Cywilnego Radca Honorowy
B…ski

Translated:

It did happen in the city Szydlowiec, in the thirteenth day of January, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one, at nine o'clock in the morning. Before me, Mayor of the city Szydlowiec, officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry, appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Jakob Leyb Anclowicz, speculator, residing here in Szydłowiec, forty-five years old, and in the presence of witnesses [Starozakonny] old religious Herszek Fuks, sixty-three years old, and Fajwel Mendelbaum, fifty-nine years old, teachers residing here, and presented us a male child born in Szydłowiec, in the sixth day of January of the current year, at five o'clock in the morning, with his wife Cymla born Hochner, forty years old, to whom at the circumcision held today has been given names Josek Hersz. After which this act was read to the present and witnesses, and was signed by these.
/ it means / Jakob Leyb Anclowicz (in Hebrew)
H. Fuks
/ it means / Fajwel Mendelbaum (in Hebrew)
Officer of the Civil Vital Records Registry, Honorary Counsel
B ... ski

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:31 am      Post subject: Re: JANKELEWICZ-JANKOWSKI

zack wrote:
Thank you for everything.
There's no need to translate the entire document, I'd only like to check if the certificate is relevant.
Is it JANKELEWICZ-JANKOWSKI or another name?
What are the parent's names for
Gitla Cyrla
Majer
Chaya-Tzipoira
Thanks.
ZACK

Zack,

Here is Gitka Curkla.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO113:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/gitla_cyrla_jankelewicz_656.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 17 May 1842, 11 am, in Szydlowiec
FATHER: [Starozakonny] old religious Jankiel Jeck Jankielowicz, huckster, 23 years old, residing in Szydlowiec
MOTHER: his wife Cyma, 18 years old
KTO: Gitka Curkla Jankielowicz, born 9 May 1842, 4 pm, in Szydlowiec
WITNESSES: [Starozakonny] Szokman, 78 years old, and Abram Szuldiner, 62 years old, teachers residing here, in Szydlowiec

Dzialo sie w miescie Szydlowcu dnia siedemnastego maja tysiac osiemset czterdziestego drugiego roku o godzinie jedenastej z rana. Stawil sie Starozakonny Jankiel Jeck Jankielowicz, kramarz lat dwadziescia trzy liczacy, w Szydlowcu mieszkajacy i w obecnosci swiadkow Star. Szokman lat siedemdziesiat osiem i Abrama Szuldiner lat szescdziesiat dwa liczacych, szkolnikow tu zamieszkalych, i okazal nam dziecie plci zenskiej urodzone na dniu dziewiatym maja r.b. [roku biezacego] o godzinie czwartej z poludnia z malzonki jego Cymy lat osiemnascie liczacej, ktoremu przy obrzedzie religijnym nadano imie Gitka Curkla. Akt ten stawajacym swiadkom przeczytany i przez nich podpisany zostal.
(in Hebrew) znaczy Jenkiel Jankielowicz
(in Hebrew) Naie Sztokman
(in Hebrew) Abram Szuldiner
T. Baniawski?

Translated:

It did happen in the city Szydlowiec, in the seventeenth day of May, year one thousand eight hundred forty-second, at eleven o'clock in the morning. Appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Jankiel Jeck Jankielowicz, huckster, twenty-three years old, residing in Szydlowiec, in the presence of witnesses [Starozakonny] Szokman, seventy-eight years old, and Abram Szuldiner, sixty-two years old, teachers residing here, and presented us a female child born on the ninth day of May current year, at four o'clock in the afternoon, with his wife Cyma, eighteen years old, to whom over the religious rite was given the name Gitka Curkla. This act was read to the present and witnesses and was signed by them.
(in Hebrew) it means Jenkiel Jankielowicz
(in Hebrew) Naie Sztokman
(in Hebrew) Abram Szuldiner
T. Baniawski?

==
Teddy West

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 am      Post subject:

Could you please translate the following records?
I think some are Polish, some are Russian and possibly German.
Thank you so very much
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm      Post subject: Re: JANKELEWICZ-JANKOWSKI

zack wrote:
There's no need to translate the entire document, I'd only like to check if the certificate is relevant.
Gitla Cyrla
Majer
Chaya-Tzipoira
Thanks.
ZACK

Zack,

Here is Majer Janowski.

Best,
Elzbieta
==

==PO113:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/jankowski_majer_816.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 25 February 1844, 3 pm, in Szydlowiec
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: Leyzor Cukier, deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Szydlowiec
GROOM: [Starozakonny] old religious Majer Janowski (profession?), 26 years old, residing in Tomaszow,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Jakob and Sora?, spouses Janowski, rabbis of the city Tomaszow
BRIDE: [Starozakonna] old religious Ester Kolo, Miss, 18 years old,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Marek and Sora Ryfka spouses Kolo from Szydlowiec
WITNESSES: Najeuz Szlakman, seventy-eight years old, and Abram Szuldiner, sixty-four years old, teachers from the city of Szydlowiec

Dzialo sie w miescie Szydlowcu dnia dwudziestego piatego lutego tysiac osiemset czterdziestego czwartego roku o godzinie trzeciej z poludnia. Stawil sie Leyzor Cukier zastepca Rabina synagogi Szydlowca i w obec. Starozakonnego Majera Janowskiego (profession?) lat dwadziescia szesc majacym w Tomaszewie mieszkajacym, urodzonym z Jakoba i Sory? malzonkow Janowskich, Rabinow z miasta Tomaszowa tudziez z Starozakonna Estera Kolowna, panna lat osiemnascie majaca, corka Marka i Sory Ryfki Kolow malzonkow z Szydlowca i w przytomnosci rodzicow manstwa mlodych, tudziez swiadomosci swiadkow Najeuza Szlakmana, lat siedemdziesiat osiem, i Abrama Szuldiner lat szescdziesiat cztery liczacych, szkolnikow z miasta Szydlowca, i oswiadczyli ze przed nimi w dniu wczorajszym pomiedzy Majerem Janowskim a Estera Kolowna religijne zawarte zostalo malzenstwo, i ze takowe poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w Tomaszowie w dniach szesnastym, dwudziestym trzecim i trzydziestym grudnia roku zeszlego, zas w Szydlowcu w dniach trzecim, dziesiatym i siedemnastym lutego roku biezacego ogloszone, ze na to malzenstwo nastapilo zezwolenie ustne obecnych tu rodzicow panstwa mlodych, i ze tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczyli przytem ze zadnej miedzy soba umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli. Akt ten stawajacym przeczytany i przez nich podpisany zostal.
Znaczy Leyzor Cukier (in Hebrew)
Najuz Szlakman (in Hebrew)
Abram Szuldiner (in Hebrew)
Majer Janowski (in Hebrew)
Jakob Janowski (in Hebrew)
Moniek Kolo (in Hebrew)
Zielinski, Burmistrz

Translated:

It did happen in the city Szydlowiec on the twenty-fifth February, year one thousand eight hundred and forty-fourth, at three o'clock in the afternoon. Appeared in Leyzor Cukier, deputy Rabbi of the synagogue in Szydlowiec, in presence of [Starozakonny] old religious Majer Janowski (profession?), twenty-six years old, residing in Tomaszow, son of Jakob and Sora?, spouses Janowski, rabbis of the city Tomaszow; and of [Starozakonna] old religious Ester Kolo, Miss, eighteen years old, daughter of Marek and Sora Ryfka spouses Kolo from Szydlowiec, and in consciousness of parents of the newlywed, and in awareness of witnesses Najeuz Szlakman, seventy-eight years old, and Abram Szuldiner, sixty-four years old, teachers from the city of Szydlowiec, and stated that before them yesterday, between Majer Janowski and Ester Kolo religious marriage has been concluded, and that is was preceded by three announcements in Tomaszow, in the days sixteenth, twenty-third and thirty December of the last year, and in Szydlowiec on the third, tenth and the seventeenth February of the current year, that this marriage received oral permission from present here parents of the newlywed, and that no opposition to the marriage had happen. The new spouses declared besides that they did not conclude any prenuptial agreement between them. This act was read to the present and was signed by them.
It means Leyzor Cukier (in Hebrew)
Najuz Szlakman (in Hebrew)
Abram Szuldiner (in Hebrew)
Majer Janowski (in Hebrew)
Jakob Janowski (in Hebrew)
Moniek Kolo (in Hebrew)
Zielinski, Mayor

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:28 pm      Post subject: Re: JANKELEWICZ-JANKOWSKI

zack wrote:
Gitla Cyrla
Majer
Chaya-Tzipoira
Thanks.
ZACK

Zack,

Here is Chaia Cypojra.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO113:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/chaya_tzipoira_jankowski_164.jpg
134, in Cyrillic
Birth Certificate
DATE-of-ACT: Szydlowiec /30 May / 11 June / 1874, 2 pm
FATHER: Izrael Janowski, teacher, 26 years old,
MOTHER: Dyna born Fajgenbojm, his wife, 20 years old
WITNESSES: Herszek Fuks, 76 years old, and Herszek Josek Krauze?, 46 years old, teachers in Szydlowiec
KTO: female child, born / 23 May / 4 June / 1874, 5 am, Chaia Cypojra

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 pm      Post subject:

Teddy West wrote:
Could you please translate the following records?
I think some are Polish, some are Russian and possibly German.
Thank you so very much

Teddy,

There is a problem - no scan is attached to your post.

Best,
Elzbieta
arielvfu

Replies: 60

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:19 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for all the help with the translations so far

I have here two more recently recieved images If it will be possible to translate

many thanks!

LDS813072-1838B3001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  8913 Time(s)

LDS813072-1838B3001.jpg

IMG_0063.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  8913 Time(s)

IMG_0063.JPG

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:05 am      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:

I have here two more recently recieved images If it will be possible to translate

many thanks!

Ariel,

Here is Zelik Rozengart.
Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO114:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/lds813072_1838b3001_139.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 3 March 1838, in Bogorya
FATHER: [Starozakonny] old religious Szaja Rozengart, oilman [making oil], 38 years old, residing in the village Wolica community Pęcławice
MOTHER: Pesla Rozengart, 40 years old, his wife
KTO: Zelik Rozengart, born 23 February 1838, in Wolica
WITNESSES: Kiwa Maystersztyk, tailor, 51 years old, and Josek Kuperberg, weaver, 43 years old, residing here in Bogorya

Dzialo sie w miescie Bogoryi dnia trzeciego marca tysiac osiemset trzydziestego osmego roku. Stawil sie Starozakonny Szaja Rozengart, olejarz, lat trzydziesci osiem liczacy, w wsi Wolicy gminie Pęcławickiej zamieszkaly, w obecnosci swiadkow Kiwy Maystersztyk, krawca, late piecdziesiat jeden, i Joska Kuperberg, tkacza, lat czterdziesci trzy liczacych, tu w Bogoryi zamieszkalych, i okazal nam dziecie plci meskij urodzone we wsi Wolicy w domu jego na dniu dwudziestym trzecim lutego roku biezacego, z malzonki jego Pesli Rozengartowej, lat czterdziesci liczacej, ktoremu [missing word: nadano] imie Zelik. Akt ten stawajacemu i swiadkom przeczytany i przez ojca i swiadkow podpisany zostal.
Znaczy po polsku Szaja Rozengart Ojciec (in Hebrew)
/ znaczy po polsku / Kiwa Maystersztym (in Hebrew)
/ znaczy po polsku / Josek Kuperberg (in Hebrew)
Utrzymujacy Akta Stanu Cywilnego (illegible)

Translated:

It did happen in the city Bogorya, in the third day of March, year one thousand eight hundred thirty-eighth. Appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Szaja Rozengart, oilman [making oil], thirty-eight years old, residing in the village Wolica community Pęcławice, in the presence of witnesses Kiwa Maystersztyk, tailor, fifty-one years old, and Josek Kuperberg, weaver, forty-three years old, residing here in Bogorya, and presented us a male child born in the village Wolica in his house on the twenty-third day of February of the current year, with his wife Pesla Rozengart, forty years old, who has been given the name Zelik. This act was read to the present and witnesses and by the father and witnesses was signed.
It means in Polish Szaja Rozengart Father (in Hebrew)
/ It means in Polish / Kiwa Maystersztym (in Hebrew)
/ It means in Polish / Josek Kuperberg (in Hebrew)
Keeping Civil Vital Records Registry (illegible)
==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:56 am      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:

many thanks!

Ariel,

Here is Ajzyk (1) Kicler, (2) Hilar (father), (3) Hyler.

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO114:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/img_0063_207.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 4 December 1864, 7 pm, in Zakroczym
MARRIAGE: 4 December 1864, in Zakroczym
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: Hersz Rawicz, Rabbi of the synagogue of the city Zakroczym
GROOM: [Starozakonny] Ajzyk Kicler [NOTE1], young man, 21 years old, born in Wyszogród, - and – the spouse of the above mentioned Ajzyk Hyler [NOTE1]
GROOM-PARENTS: son of the late Lewek [or Lew] and Rojza living, spouses Hilar [NOTE1]
BRIDE: Necha Browerman, Miss, 20 years old,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Michel living, and the late mother Fajga born Lewkowicz, spouses Browerman
WITNESSES: Hersz Naparstek, 61 years old and Kiwa Epsztejn, 41 years old, both teachers residing in Zakroczym
NOTE1: impossible to know the groom's name: (1) Kicler, (2) Hilar (father), (3) Hyler
NOTE2: the scribe says "3 announcements" and writes only 1 date; in addition the order of sentences suggests the scribe was probably interrupting his note, discussing, and forgetting things.

Zakroczym N 20
Dzialo sie w miescie Zakroczymiu dnia czwartego grudnia tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego czwartego roku o godzinie siodmej wieczor. Stawil sie Hersz Rawicz Rabin synagogi miasta Zakroczymia wraz z swiadkami Herszem Naparstkiem lat szescdziesiat jeden i Kiwa Epsztejn lat czterdziesci jeden majacych, obydwa szkolnicy w Zakroczymiu zamieszkali, i oswiadczyl ze w dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo pomiedzy Starozakonnym Ajzykiem Kicler[NOTE1], kawalerem lat dwadziescia jeden liczacy w Wyszogrodzie urodzonym, synem Lewka niezyjacego i Rojzy zyjacej, malzonkow Hilarych [NOTE1]. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzi w Buznicy miasta Zakroczymia w dniach dwunastego listopada roku biezacego [NOTE2]. Malzonka wyzej wspomnianego Ajzyka Hyler [NOTE1] zostala Necha Browerman, panna lat dwadziescia majaca, corka Michla zyjacego i matki niezyjacej Fajgi z Lewkowiczow malzonkow Browerman. Zezwolenie matki mlodej slowne nastapilo do zawarcia aktu tegoz. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczaja iz umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli. Akt ten stawajacym przeczytany i przez nas Rabina i swiadkow podpisany zostal. Reszta pisac nieumieja.
Signatures:
Hersz Rawicz
Hersz Naparstek
Kiwa Epsztejn
Utrzymujacy Akta Stan Cywilnego, Burmistrz i Sekretarz Kollegialny, Pietraszewski

Translated:

It did happen in the city Zakroczym in the fourth day of December, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-fourth, at seven o'clock in the evening. Appeared in Hersz Rawicz, Rabbi of the synagogue of the city Zakroczym, with witnesses Hersz Naparstek, sixty-one years old and Kiwa Epsztejn, forty-one years old, both teachers residing in Zakroczym, and made the statement that today has been concluded religious marriage between [Starozakonny] Ajzyk Kicler [NOTE1], young man, twenty-one years old, born in Wyszogród, son of the late Lewek [or Lew] and Rojza living, spouses Hilar [NOTE1]. This marriage was preceded by three announcements in the synagoge of the city Zakroczym in the days twelve November of the current year [NOTE2]. The spouse of the above mentioned Ajzyk Hyler [NOTE1] became Necha Browerman, Miss, twenty years old, daughter of Michel living, and the late mother Fajga born Lewkowicz, spouses Browerman. An oral permission from the bride's mother to conclude this act [of marriage] was stated. The new spouses declared they did not conclude any prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the present and by us, Rabbi, and witnesses was signed. The rest of the persons do not know how to write.
Signatures:
Hersz Rawicz
Hersz Naparstek
Kiwa Epsztejn
Keeping Civil Vital Records Registry, the Mayor and the Secretary Collegiate, Pietraszewski

==
fplaywin

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta,

Thank you very much for all the hard work you put in on the marriage record I posted. The record was impossible for me but I had no idea that it would require so much work on your part. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

fplaywin
MAKOVA
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 pm      Post subject: Thomas Nizio Magdalena Ciosmak marriage 1842

Hello Elzbieta,

You have done many translations for me ( for which I am grateful) from this southeastern area of Poland called Puszcza Solska ,where half of my ancestors are from(the other half are from Turobin). I am not sure I understand exactly what Puszcza Solska is. Sometimes it's translated as a village and sometimes as a parish. Here is one more record I would like to have translated. I have begun to be able to roughly translate the birth and death records but the marriages often have a bit more detail and I find them confusing. Thank you again for your help.

Marie

1842 Nizio Ciosmak marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.24 KB
 Viewed:  8912 Time(s)

1842 Nizio Ciosmak marriage.jpg

EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 370

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 pm      Post subject:

I am having trouble with this translation. (I don't need a full translation, just need to get the jist of it, so I can add it to a family tree and see where connections are.) I'm assuming this birth happened after a father died, but I can't figure out who the father was. I think the name of the child is Jan.

Anyway, this is what I have.
1864 It came to pass in village Zalem day 4th of January one thousand eight hundred sixty four, ninth hour in the morning. Presented herself Maryanna Duzynska ??? ? Bozymin residing, 40 years, ?? Jozefa Wisniawekiego, 23, Jana Slamczewskiego 50 years, dayworker in Bozymin residing and showed us child and declared birth eleventh month? ??? second hour in ?? by married Maryanna Nowakowski, widow, 49 years. ????? (A lot of this I am not getting with hours and days. I'm assuming that it may have been a while before the birth was recorded due to husband being deceased?) Child’s name is Jan. Godparents Jozef Wisnieawski and Maryanna Dreszynska. Act read…..

Nowakowski, Jan birth 1864.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.63 KB
 Viewed:  8912 Time(s)

Nowakowski, Jan birth 1864.jpg

Last edited by EANWhitson on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:14 am      Post subject: Re: Thomas Nizio Magdalena Ciosmak marriage 1842

MAKOVA wrote:
Hello Elzbieta,

You have done many translations for me ( for which I am grateful) from this southeastern area of Poland called Puszcza Solska ,where half of my ancestors are from(the other half are from Turobin). I am not sure I understand exactly what Puszcza Solska is. Sometimes it's translated as a village and sometimes as a parish. Here is one more record I would like to have translated. I have begun to be able to roughly translate the birth and death records but the marriages often have a bit more detail and I find them confusing. Thank you again for your help.

Marie

Marie,

ADDENDUM 23.07.2014 On Latin translations Dave added a map of Bilgoraj area, where you can see the village Puszcza Solska (small circle South of the big circle Bilgoraj):
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/40bilgorajski_126.jpg // END

Puszcza Solska is an enormoust forest, which is an extesion to the East-South-East of Puszcza Sandomierska and Lasy Janowskie.
On Google maps you see Janów Lubelski, then a large green-yellow area with a spruce tree logo. To its East-South-East you have Biłgoraj, and the large green-green area is going East-East-South, to the Ukrainian border, Hrebenne, Rawa Ruska, and Horyniec-Zdroj.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puszcza_Solska

But there was also a village with the same name Puszcza Solska, which became part of Biłgoraj. After I found the parish Puszcza Solska, I can confirm that the street Puszcza Solska in Biłgoraj is in place of former village Puszcza Solska.

I found the parish of the village Puszcza Solska here:
http://www.zamojskolubaczowska.pl/parafia,13
"Historia Parafii: Pierwsza nazwa obecnej par. to Puszcza Solska. 5 X 1954 r. miejscowość ta została włączona do Biłgoraja, dlatego Kuria Biskupia w Lublinie pismem z 30 XII 1961 r. ustaliła nazwę par. na św. Marii Magdaleny w Biłgoraju."
// The first name of the parish was Puszcza Solska. That village was included on 5 October 1954 into Bilgoraj, and later in 1961, the Bishop's Curia from Lublin gave it the name św. Maria Magdalena in Biłgoraj".

Biłgoraj
parafia p.w. Świętej Marii Magdaleny
Krzeszowska 1, 23-400 Biłgoraj
www.maria-magdalena.zamojskolubaczowska.pl

Here is your marriage record.

Best,
Elzbieta
==

==PO114:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1842_nizio_ciosmak_marriage_195.jpg
MARRIAGE: 11 September 1842, 1 pm, in the village Puszcza Solska
GROOM: Tomasz Nizio, widower, farmer residing in Ruda, ibid born, 24 years old
GROOM-WIDOW: widower, whose first marriage has been solved by the death of his wife Katarzyna Nizio, 2 March 1842
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Walenty and Maryanna born Przytula, spouses Nizio, farmers residing in Ruda,
BRIDE: Magdalena Ciosmak, Miss, born in Ciosmy, residing in Wolka, 22 years old, staying with her mother
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Woyciech and Rozalia born Kaczorowska, spouses Ciosmak, farmers residing in the village Ciosmy,
WITNESSES: Michal Resk (Rak?) 34 years old, and Marcin Nizio, 30 years old, both farmers residing in the village Ruda

Dzialo sie w wsi Puszczy Solskiej dnia jedenastego wrzesnia tysiac osiemset czterdziestego drugiego roku o godzinie pierwszej po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Michala Reska (Raka?) lat trzydziesci cztery i Marcina Nizia lat trzydziesci, obydwoch wloscian w wsi Rudzie zamieszkalych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Tomaszem Niziem, wdowcem, ktorego pierwsze malzenstwo rozwiazane zostalo przez smierc malzonki Katarzyny Niziowej dnia drugiego marca roku biezacego, wloscianinem w Rudzie zamieszkalym, tamze urodzonym, z Walentego i Maryanny z Przytulow, malzonkow Niziow, wloscian w Rudzie zamieszkalych, lat dwadziescia cztery majacym; a Magdalena Ciosmakowna, panna, corka Woyciecha i Rozalii z Kaczorow, malzonkow Ciosmakow, wloscian w wsi Ciosmach zamieszkalych, i w Ciosmach zrodzona, w wsi Wolce zamieszkalej, lat dwadziescia dwa majaca, i przy matce zostajaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzie w dniach dwudziestym osmym sierpnia, czwartym i jedenastym biezacego miesiaca i roku, o godzinie jedenastej przed poludniem, w parafii Puszczy Solskiej. Jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych Aktowi matek nowozaslubionych oswiadczone bylo. Tamowania malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczyli, iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, przez nas podpisany zostal, gdyz stawajacy pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz Antoni Saniewski, przelozony Puszczy Solskiej

Translated:

It did happen in the village Puszcza Solska, in the eleventh day of September, year one thousand eight hundred and forty-second, at one o'clock in the afternoon. We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Michal Resk (Rak?) thirty-four years old, and Marcin Nizio, thirty years old, both farmers residing in the village Ruda, today has been concluded religious marriage between Tomasz Nizio, widower, whose first marriage has been solved by the death of his wife Katarzyna Nizio, on the second of March of the current year, farmer residing in Ruda, ibid born, son of Walenty and Maryanna born Przytula, spouses Nizio, farmers residing in Ruda, twenty-four years old; and Magdalena Ciosmak, Miss, daughter of Woyciech and Rozalia born Kaczorowska, spouses Ciosmak, farmers residing in the village Ciosmy, born in Ciosmy, residing in Wolka, twenty-two years old, staying with her mother. This marriage was preceded by three announcements, in the days, twenty-eighth of August, the fourth and eleventh of the current month and year, at eleven o'clock before noon, in the parish of Puszcza Solska. As also an oral permission from present to the ack of marriage mothers of the newlywed has been stated. No opposition to the marriage had happen. The new spouses declared that they have not entered into a prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the present and witnesses, was signed by us, because the present do not know how to write.
Priest Antoni Saniewski, superior at Puszcza Solska

==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 114 of 581

Jump to: