PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm      Post subject:

srcit76 wrote:
Hello,

Please translate this birth record from 1845.

Thank you.
Robert S.

Robert,

It is a Latin table.
I do not have titles of columns, only can guess it.
I also recall Dave Nowicki explanations that priest used to add letters to their name, which were meaningful for them, but we cannot guess - in your record I noted it ?ga?.

Here it is.
Best,
Elzbieta
==
==PO126:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/trczianne_births_1843_1848_p_55_no_65_andrzej_mikiewicz_166.jpg

Vertical: Andrzej Mikiewicz
65 | 6 | 7

// column stating the date and place of baptism
Roku tysiac osiemset czterdziestego piatego miesiaca maja siodmego dnia, w Trzcianskim Rzymsko-Katolickim parafialnym kosciele uchrzczono woda i ss (swiety sakrament?) olejem niemowle imieniem Andrzej przez ?ga? Wiktora Jablonowskiego wikarego tegoz kosciola
//
Year one thousand eight-hundred forty-five, month of May, day seventh, in the Roman-Catholic parish church in Trzciane, has been baptized with water and holy sacrament oil, a child named Andrzej, by ?ga? Wiktor Jablonowski, vicar of that church

// column stating parents, child, date and place of birth
Pracowitych Wincentego i Jozefaty z Pruszkow Mikiewiczow, slubnych malzonkow syna Roku tysiac osiemset czterdziestego piatego miesiaca maja szostego dnia wieczorem w tejze parafii we wsi Zalesiu urodzonego
//
Industrious Wincenty and Jozefata born Pruszek, legitimate spouses Mikiewicz; son, year one thousand eight-hundred forty-five, month of May, day sixth, in the evening, in this parish, in the village Zalesie born

Summary:
DATE-of-ACT: 7 May 1845, in Trzciane, in the Roman-Catholic parish church
BAPTISM: has been baptized with water and holy sacrament oil, a child named Andrzej, by ?ga? Wiktor Jablonowski, vicar of that church
FATHER: Wincenty Mikiewicz
MOTHER: Jozefata born Pruszek, his legitimate spouse
KTO: Andrzej Mikiewicz born 6 May 1845, in the evening, in the village Zalesie of the parish Trzciane

==
srcit76
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 am      Post subject:

Thank you Elizbieta,

That adds another generation for me

Robert S.
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:11 pm      Post subject: Death Antoni TYLICKI

Hi Elzbieta,

I think this is an 1860 death certificate for Tomacz TYLICKI-the son of Antoni and Wyktoria from the village of Zakrzewo-Froczk

This 1866 death cert. for Antoni TYLICKI identifies a Stanislaw TYLICKI and another village in powiat mławski for this family~ Jablonowo Adamy (before 1955-belonged to Wieczfnia Gmina). The widow Wyktoria first identified this as being the certificate for my gg grandfather.

Thus far, I have identified 5 different villages in which Antoni lived-I am surprised and curious as to why he would have moved so often.

Any other little gems that can be gleamed from a translation would be welcomed ! Thank you--Nancy

Tomascz TYLICKI death rec 44 1860.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  880.59 KB
 Viewed:  9354 Time(s)

Tomascz TYLICKI death rec 44 1860.jpg

AntoniTylicki death 1866 .Jablonowo Adamy rec 47.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  893.86 KB

AntoniTylicki death 1866 .Jablonowo Adamy rec 47.jpg

[email protected]

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:01 pm      Post subject: A few more Translations

Hello,

Here are three records that I was hoping could be translated. Thanks for your help!

Calimmarriage copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.38 MB

Calimmarriage copy.jpg

Calimmarriage2 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  808.12 KB

Calimmarriage2 copy.jpg

levinmarriage copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB

levinmarriage copy.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:50 am      Post subject: Re: Death Antoni TYLICKI

nercell wrote:
Hi Elzbieta,

I think this is an 1860 death certificate for Tomacz TYLICKI-the son of Antoni and Wyktoria from the village of Zakrzewo-Froczk

This 1866 death cert. for Antoni TYLICKI identifies a Stanislaw TYLICKI and another village in powiat mławski for this family~ Jablonowo Adamy (before 1955-belonged to Wieczfnia Gmina). The widow Wyktoria first identified this as being the certificate for my gg grandfather.

Thus far, I have identified 5 different villages in which Antoni lived-I am surprised and curious as to why he would have moved so often.

Any other little gems that can be gleamed from a translation would be welcomed ! Thank you--Nancy

Nancy,

Here is the death record of 9 years old Tomasz Tylicki.

I guess the occupation of Antoni may explain why he was moving so often.
It could be he was lending money against collecting benefices from land. Please note I am not a lawyer, and my confusion is possible.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/tomascz_tylicki_death_rec_44_1860_965.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 22 July 1860, 9 am, in Wieczfnia
WITNESSES: Antoni Tylicki, pledgee, father of the deceased, 40 years old, and Jakob Bogucki, sacristain of the church,30 years old, the first one residing in Zakrzewo-Froczki, the second in Wieczfnia
KTO: Tomasz Tylicki, died 21 July 1860, 6 am, nine years old, residing with his parents in Zakrzewo-Froczki
PARENTS: son of Antoni and Wiktorya, spouses Tylicki
--
NOTE: occupation "zakladnik"; here http://literat.ug.edu.pl/glogers/0045.htm
Quote: " Zastaw. Upowszechnionem było w Polsce zastawianie nieruchomości, czyli oddawanie do użytku (zwłaszcza łąki i pola) za pieniądze pożyczone, a zwyczaj ten dotąd praktykuje się nader często u ludu. Zastaw nieruchomości był u nas zwykle antychretycznym, t. j. nadającym prawo pobierania użytków z rzeczy zastawionej bez obowiązku rachowania się z nich, chociażby te znacznie należne procenta przewyższały. Zastawnikiem zwał się ten, co dawał pieniądze na zastaw. Oprócz zastawu antychretycznego znany był jeszcze „zastaw na upad” czyli „pod przepadkiem”, zwany po łac. obligatio sub lapsu, gdy umówiono się, że jak dłużnik nie uiści długu na termin oznaczony, to zastaw przepadnie, stając się własnością zastawnika. Potrzeba było jednak pozwać dłużnika niewypłatnego do sądu, aby ten wyrokiem swoim uznał upad czyli lapsum i dobra przysądził na własność zastawnikowi."
//
Pledge. Mortgaging the property, or putting into service (especially meadows and fields) for borrowed money was popular in Poland, and this custom was often in practice by the people. Lien against the property was usually "antychretyczny", i.e. giving the right to collect benefits of the pledged things without the requirement of calculation of them, even if those far exceeded the due percent. "Pledgee" was called the one, who gave money to pledge. In addition to the pledge "antychretyczny" was known the "pledge to bankruptcy" or "under the forfeiture," called in Latin. "obligatio sub lapsu", when it was agreed, that if the debtor does not pay the debt on the dates indicated, the lien is lost, becoming the property of the pledgee. It was, however, necessary to sue the debtor unable to reimburse at the court, and obtain the judgment of his declared bankruptcy, or lapsum, and a sentence giving the property to the pledgee."
--
N 44 Zakrzewo Frocki // today Zakrzewo-Froczki
Dzialo sie w Wieczfni dnia dwudziestego drugiego lipca tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego roku o godzinie dziewiatej rano. Stawili sie Antoni Tylicki, zastawnik, ojciec zmarlego lat czterdziesci, i Jakob Bogucki, Zakrystyan koscielny lat trzydziesci liczacy, pierwszy w Zakrzewie Frockach, drugi w Wieczfni zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli, ze dnia wczorajszego o godzinie szostej rano, umarl w Zakrzewiec Frockach Tomasz Tylicki lat dziewiec majacy, przy rodzicach w Zakrzewie Frockach zamieszkaly, syn Antoniego i Wiktoryi malzonkow Tylickich. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Tylickiego. Akt ten stawajacym pisac nie umiejacym przeczytany i podpisany przez nas zostal.
Ksiadz Krapski, Proboszcz, utrzymujacy Akta Stanu Cywilnego

Translated:

It did happen in Wieczfnia, in the twenty-second day of July, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty, at nine o'clock in the morning. Appeared in Antoni Tylicki, pledgee, father of the deceased, forty years old, and Jakob Bogucki, sacristain of the church, thirty years old, the first one residing in Zakrzewo-Froczki, the second in Wieczfnia, and stated that yesterday at six o'clock in the morning, died in Zakrzewo-Froczki Tomasz Tylicki, nine years old, residing with his parents in Zakrzewo-Froczki, son of Antoni and Wiktorya, spouses Tylicki. After visual conviction that Tylicki passed away. This act was read to the present, who do not know how to write, and was signed by us.
Priest Krapski, Pastor, maintains Civil Vital Records Registry

==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:18 am      Post subject: Re: Death Antoni TYLICKI

nercell wrote:
Hi Elzbieta,

Nancy,

Here is Antoni Tylicki death.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/antonitylicki_death_1866_jablonowo_adamy_rec_47_160.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 11 Octobre 1866, 8 am, in Wieczfnia
WITNESSES: Stanislaw Tylicki, servant, son of the deceased, 26 years old, and Teodor Jabłonowski, heir to a noble part, 40 years old, residing in Jabłonowo-Adamy
KTO: Antoni Tylicki, died 10 October 1866, 2 am, tenant of a noble part, residing in Jabłonowo-Adamy, fifty-three years old,
PARENTS: son /: parents unknowns: /,
WIDOW: leaving behind a widowed wife Wiktorya
NOTE: "parents unknowns" means unknown to the declarant, on the day they declared the death

47 Jabłonowo-Adamy
Dzialo sie w Wieczfni dnia jedenastego pazdziernika tysiac osiemset szescdziesiatego szostego roku o godzinie osmej rano. Stawili sie Stanislaw Tylicki, sluzacy syn zmarlego, lat dwadziescia szesc, i Teodor Jabłonowski, dziedzic czesci szlacheckiej, lat czterdziesci liczacy, w Jabłonowie-Adamach zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli ze dnia wczorajszego o godzinie drugiej w nocy umarl w Jabłonowie-Adamach Antoni Tylicki, dzierzawca czesci szlacheckiej w Jabłonowie-Adamach zamieszkaly, lat piecdziesiat trzy majacy, syn /:rodzicow niewiadomych:/, pozostawiwszy po sobie owdowiala zone Wiktorye. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Antoniego Tylickiego. Akt ten stawajacym pisac nie umiejacym przeczytany i podpisany przez nas zostal.
Ksiadz Krapski, Proboszcz, utrzymujacy Akta Stanu Cywilnego

Translated:

It did happen in Wieczfnia, in the eleventh day of October, year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-six, at eight o'clock in the morning. Appeared in Stanislaw Tylicki, servant, son of the deceased, twenty-six years old, and Teodor Jabłonowski, heir to a noble part, forty years old, residing in Jabłonowo-Adamy, and declared that yesterday at two o'clock in the night died in Jabłonowo-Adamy Antoni Tylicki, tenant of a noble part, residing in Jabłonowo-Adamy, fifty-three years old, son /: parents unknowns: /, leaving behind a widowed wife Wiktorya. After visual conviction that Antoni Tylicki passed away. This act was read to the present, who do not know how to write, and was signed by us.
Priest Krapski, Pastor, maintains Civil Vital Records Registry

==
zack

Replies: 453

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:20 am      Post subject: oruch

Hi
Thank you for your recent translations
Is this one is for Chaya Oracz or Oruch? who is her perents?
Thanks
Zack

oracz or oruch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  911.3 KB

oracz or oruch.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:58 am      Post subject: Re: A few more Translations

[email protected] wrote:
Hello,

Here are three records that I was hoping could be translated. Thanks for your help!

Peter,

The first and the longuest jpg has a confusing name, it's the marriage record of Szulim Janklowicz (son of Jankel) and Sura, daughter of Leybus Elonicz. Calim is employer of Szulim.

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/calimmarriage_copy_985.jpg
NOTE: Apparently the people from this document do not yet have chosen family names, but each is "child of (first name of father)", and the facility of Slavic language is used, patronymic designations, which might be confused with names.
It is also worth to be known, that after decree of Bayonne, when Jews had to choose names, it was difficult, and some kept patronymic name which became the name for coming generations.
GROOM: is Szulim son of Jankiel; GROOM-FATHER: is Jankiel son of Szulim, and GROOM-MOTHER: is Malbia daughter of Kisiel
BRIDE: is Sura daughter of Lejbus, her brother is Leybowicz (and all men from that family are Leybowicz) – she should be Leybowicz as well, but that is not stated. Her father is stated as Leybus Elonicz, Leybus son of Elon.
The WITNESS Calim Szmulowicz: is Calim son of Szmul

MARRIAGE: 11 August 1817, in Kodeń
GROOM: [Starozakonny] old religious Szulim Jankielowicz, a widower, 37 years old, who thus far stays in the house of [Starozakonny] old religious Citizen residing in the city Koden, Calim Szmulowicz, supervising his children [private education?], born in the city Kraśnik voievodship Lublin,
GROOM-DOCUMENT: according to the Act of Knowing filed before us, established in the Office of the Mayor of the city Kodeń on 18 July 1817, approved at the Court of Peace for the county Biala voievodship Podlaskie on 5 August 1817,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of parents Jankel Szulimowicz and mother Malbia born Kisiel, residing in Kraśnik, according to provided evidence [Act of Knowing]
BRIDE: Miss Sura Lejbusiowna [daughter of Lejbus], 23 years old, evolved, born in Kodeń, staying in the house of her brother, in the assistance of her brother Eli Leybowicz, innkeeper in Kodeń, citizen of that city Kodeń
BRIDE-DOCUMENT: providing to us the Act of Knowing, established in the Office of the Mayor of Koden, in the 15 June 1817, approved at the Court of Peace for the county Biala voievodship Podlaskie on the 9 July 1817,
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of parents Leybus Elonicz and mother Malka /: both passed away: / how certifies this Act of Knowing
WITNESSES: Judka Medkowicz, Kisiel Leybowicz, as well as Eli Leybowicz and Calim Szmulowicz, neighbors and citizens residing in Kodeń

Roku tysiac osiemset siedemnastego dnia jedenastego miesiaca sierpnia. Przed nami, Urzednikiem Stanu Cywilnego gminy Kodeńskiej, powiatu Bielskiego w wojewodztwie Podlaskim oraz insulatem Proboszczem parafii Kodeńskiej. Stawil sie Starozakonny Szulim Jankielowicz, wdowiec majacy podlug zlozonego przed nami Aktu Znania w Urzedzi Burmistrza miasta Kodeń, dnia osiemnastego miesiaca lipca roku biezacego zdzialanego, a przez Sad Pokoju powiatu Bielskiego w wojewodztwie Podlaskim dnia piatego miesiaca sierpnia roku biezacego zatwierdzonego, lat trzydziesci siedem, ktory dotad u Obywatela Starozakonnego w miescie Koden zamieszkalego Calima Szmulowicza za spektora do dzieci zostaje, i ze pomieniony Szulim Jankielewicz w miescie Krasniku w wojewodztwie Lubelskim z rodzicow Jankiela Szulimowicza i matki Malbia z Kisielow tamze zamieszkalych, jest zrodzony, dowiodl. Tudziez stawila sie panna Sura Lejbusiowna, dowodzaca przed nami Aktem Znania w Urzedzie Burmistrza misata Kodnia dnia pietnastego miesiaca czerwca roku biezacego zdzialanym, a przez Sad Pokoju powiatu Bialskiego w wojewodztwie Podlaskim dnia dziewiatego lipca roku biezacego zatwierdzonym, iz skonczyla rok dwudziesty trzeci wieki swego, ktora w domu brata swego zostaje, w asystencji tego brata swego Eli Leybowicza w miescie Kodniu na szynku bedacego, obywatela tegoz miasta Kodnia, i ze zrodzona jest w Kodniu z rodzicow Leybusia Elonicza i matki Malki /:ktorzy oboje nie zyja:/ jak poswiadcza tenze Akt Znania. Strony stawajace zadaja, abysmy do ulozonego miedzy niemi obchodu malzenstwa przystapili, ktorego zapowiedzi uczynione byly przed drzwiami naszego domu gminnego, to jest pierwsza w niedziele dnia trzeciego a druga dnia dziesiatego miesiaca sierpnia roku biezacego, takze w niedziele, kazda o godzinie dwunastej w poludnie. Gdy o zadnym tamowaniu rzeczonego malzenstwa uwiadomieni nie zostalismy, a brat niniejszy na obchod malzenstwa zezwala, przychylajac sie zatem do zadania stron, po przeczytaniu wszystkich wyzej wspomnianych papierow, i dzialu szostego w tytule Kodeksu Napoleona o malzenstwie; zapytalismy przyszlego malzonka i przyszlej malzonki czyli chca polaczyc sie z soba zwiazkiem malzenskim? Na co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedzialo, iz taka jest ich wola, oglaszamy w imieniu prawa iz Szulim Jankielowicz i Sura Leybusiowna sa zlaczeni z soba wezlem malzenstwa. Czego spisalismy Akt w przytomnosci Judki Medkowicza, Kisiela Leybowicza, tudziez Eli Leybowicza i Calima Szmulowicza sasiadow i obywatelow w Kodniu zamieszkalych, ktory stawajacym przeczytany i podpisany zostal przez nas, przez Szulima Jankielowicza, i przez swiadkow, gdyz Sura Leybusiowna pisac nie umie.
Ksiadz Szymon Paliszewski, Insulat i Proboszcz Kodeński, Urzednik Stanu Cywilnego
Signatures:
Szulim Jankielewicz (in Hebrew)
Calim Szmulowicz (in Hebrew)
Judka Medkowicz (in Hebrew)
Eley Leybowicz, Brat (in Hebrew)
Kisiel Leybowicz (in Hebrew)

Translated:

Year one thousand eight hundred seventeenth, eleventh day of the month of August. Before us, officer of Civil Vital Records Registry for the community Kodeń, county Biala [today Biala Podlaska], voievodship Podlaskie, and insulate and Pastor of the parish in Kodeń.
Appeared [Starozakonny] old religious Szulim Jankielowicz, a widower, who, according to the Act of Knowing filed before us, established in the Office of the Mayor of the city Kodeń, this eighteenth day of July of the current month and year, approved at the Court of Peace for the county Biala voievodship Podlaskie on the fifth day of the month of August of the current year, is thirty-seven years old, who thus far stays in the house of [Starozakonny] old religious Citizen residing in the city Koden, Calim Szmulowicz, supervising his children [private education?], and the mentionned Szulim Jankielewicz was born in the city Krasnik voievodship Lublin, son of parents Jankel Szulimowicz and mother Malbia born Kisiel, residing there, according to provided evidence.
Also appeared in Miss Sura Lejbusiowna [daughter of Lejbus], providing to us the Act of Knowing, established in the Office of the Mayor of Koden, in the fifteenth day of the month June of the current year, approved at the Court of Peace for the county Biala voievodship Podlaskie on the ninth day of July of the current year, certifying that she is twenty-three years old, evolved, who is staying in the house of her brother, in the assistance of her brother Eli Leybowicz, innkeeper in Kodeń, citizen of that city Kodeń, and that she is born in Kodeń, daughter of parents Leybus Elonicz and mother Malka /: both passed away: / how certifies this Act of Knowing.
Both parties demand so we proceed to celebrate the marriage they arranged between themselves, whose announcements were made at the door of our common house, this is the first on Sunday on the third day, and the second on the tenth day of the month in August of the current year, also on Sunday, each at twelve o'clock at noon.
When no opposition to the marriage had been made known to us, and the present brother permits the rite of marriage, thus acceding to the tasks of the parties, after reading all the above mentioned papers, as well as the Chapter Sixth of the Napoleon Code in the title "about the marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and the future spouse [her] if they want to connect to each other by the marriage? What each of them separately answered, that they so wish, we announce on behalf of the law that Szulim Jankielowicz and Sura Leybusiowna are united to each other by the node of marriage. What we have written down in this act, in consciousness of Judka Medkowicz, Kisiel Leybowicz, as well as Eli Leybowicz and Calim Szmulowicz, neighbors and citizens residing in Kodeń, which was read to the present and signed by us, by Szulim Jankielowicz, and by witnesses, because Sura Leybusiowna do not know how to write.
Priest Szymon Paliszewski, insulate and Pastor in Kodeń, officer of Civil Vital Records Registry
Signatures:
Szulim Jankielowicz (in Hebrew)
Judka Medkowicz (in Hebrew)
Eley Leybowicz, Brother (in Hebrew)
Kisiel Leybowicz (in Hebrew)

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:42 am      Post subject: Re: A few more Translations

[email protected] wrote:
Hello,

Peter,

Here is the second jpeg, half of which is missing. Calim is witness.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/calimmarriage2_copy_109.jpg
NOTE: the note about patronymic names (in absence of family names) applies
GROOM: is Wolf son of Elo; his father is Elo son of Wolf
BRIDE: is Rezla daughter of Aron
Calim Szmulowicz – Calim, son of Szmul
Leybko Meyerowicz – Leyb, son of Mejer
Mosko Hosonowicz – Mosko son of Hoson
Chaim Herszkowicz – Chain son of Herszek

MARRIAGE: (date out of the jpeg)
GROOM: Wolf Elowicz (other information out of jpeg)
GROOM-PARENTS: Elo Wolfowicz (deduced from signature)
BRIDE: Rezla Aronowna (other information out of jpeg)
BRIDE-PARENTS: (no information)

(it starts in the middle of bans, in the middle of sentence)
…tegoz samego miesiaca roku biezacego, kazda w niedziele o godzinie dwunastej w poludnie. Gdy o zadnym tamowaniu rzeczonego malzenstwa uwiadomieni nie zostalismy, a rodzice niniejszym na obchod malzenstwa zezwalaja, przychylajac sie zatem do zadania stron, po przeczytaniu wszystkich wyzej wyrazonych papierow, i dzialu szostego w tytule Kodeksu Napoleona o Malzenstwie, zapytalismy sie przyszlego malzonka i przyszlej malzonki czy chca sie polaczyc z soba zwiazkiem malzenskim? Na co gdy kazde z nich oddzielnie odpowiedzialo, iz taka ich jest wola, oglaszamy w imieniu prawa, ze Wolf Elowicz i Rezla Aronowna sa zlaczeni z soba wezlem malzenstwa. Czego spisalismy akt w przytomnosci Calima Szmulowicza i Leibta Mejerowicza, kramarzy, sasiadow i obywateli w Kodniu zamieszkalych tudziez Moska Hosonowicza krawca i Chaima Herszkowicza kramarza, takze sasiadow i obywateli w Kodnie zamieszkalych, dopiero wymienionych. Akt niniejszy zostal stawajacym przeczytany, przez nas i stawajacych swiadkow podpisany, gdyz inni w akcie wymienieni pisac nie umieja.
Ksiadz Szymon Paliszewski, Insulat i Proboszcz Kodeński, Urzednik Stanu Cywilnego
Signatures:
Elo Wolfowicz Ojciec (in Hebrew)
Leybko Meyerowicz (in Hebrew)
Mosko Hosonowicz (in Hebrew)
Chaim Herszkowicz (in Hebrew)

Translated:

(the usual stuff about Chapter Six of Napoleon Code, etc.)
When each of them separately answered, that they so wish, we announce on behalf of the law that Wolf Elowicz and Rezla Aronowna are united to each other by the node of marriage. What we have written down in this act, in consciousness of Calim Szmulowicz and Leibt Mejerowicz, merchants, neighbourhs and citizens residing in Koden, as well as Mosiek Hosonowicz, taylor, and Chaim Herszkowicz, merchant, also neighbourhs and citizens residing in Koden, as just mentionned. This act was read to the present and by us and by preseent witnesses signed, other mentionned in this act do not know how to write.
Priest Szymon Paliszewski, insulate and Pastor in Kodeń, officer of Civil Vital Records Registry
Signatures:
Elo Wolfowicz Father (in Hebrew)
Leybko Meyerowicz (in Hebrew)
Mosko Hosonowicz (in Hebrew)
Chaim Herszkowicz (in Hebrew)

==
JosephMastaj

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:47 am      Post subject: 1889 Baptismal Certificate translation

I am seeking help in translating my grandfather's Baptismal Certificate. We have tried to translate a few words but need help in understanding the certificate. Specifically, the date of birth and date of baptisim.
Thank you!

Michael Mastaj Baptimal Certificate.jpg
 Description:
We are having trouble deciphering this certificate. Particularly name and dates.
 Filesize:  33.6 KB

Michael Mastaj Baptimal Certificate.jpg

nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:54 am      Post subject:

WOW--Thank you Elzbieta~the occupation of "zakladnik" certainly shines a different light on Antoni Tylicki's life-style. I had assumed he was a farmer and his frequent moves made no sense. I have a lot to learn about this process and any records that may have been generated by it.

The witness who was 'heir to a noble part'. I see the village and the surname are the same. Is that just a reference to the first born son who inherited the properties?

As always~in your debt,
Nancy
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:05 pm      Post subject: Re: 1889 Baptismal Certificate translation

JosephMastaj wrote:
I am seeking help in translating my grandfather's Baptismal Certificate. We have tried to translate a few words but need help in understanding the certificate. Specifically, the date of birth and date of baptisim.
Thank you!

CORRECTED/EDITED - thanks to a knowledgable friend, spotting even Latin typos in Curia forms.
Line 1 Ani->Dni and explanation; N->No and explanation
Line 6 // date and place of baptism // (baptism, not birth, my typo)
In Curia PDF form: Line 1 is "Annus et numems ...", should be "Annus et numerus ..."

Joseph,

It's from Przemyśl, so I take special care of it.

Here it is,
Best,

Elzbieta

NB. Re: your other message
Distribution in today Poland
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/mastaj.html
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/filipkowski.html
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/filipkowska.html
==

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/michael_mastaj_baptimal_certificate_884.jpg
A bilingual form of Birth Certificate, Polish-Latin, delivered by church is available here (authoritative):
http://kuriaczestochowa.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/swiadectwo_chrztu.pdf
The above form allow to read a clear text and not make any mistake with deciphering.

Center top: Dla celow koscielnych // For church usage
SWIADECTWO CHRZTU – Birth Certificate (in Latin: Testimonium baptismi), see Polish-Latin form

Left Top:
Diecezja Przemyska // Diocesis Przemyśl
Seal and fiscal stamp (oplata skarbowa)
Right Top:
Diocesis Premyslensis // Diocesis Przemyśl
Parish Office in Samoklęski
Lines:
1. // reference of the church book // Annus Dni 1889, No 7 | Dni = a contraction for the word Domini; No = a contraction for the word Numero
2. // first and last name // Michael Masłaj -- should be Michał Masłaj // apparently priest is copying original Latin certificate with names written in Latin, but nobody in Poland used Latin version
3. // name of father // Josephus – should be Józef ; religion Roman-Catholic
4. // name of mother , and her maiden name // Maria born Stawniak ; religion Roman-Catholic
5. // place and date of birth // Zawadka, 1 September 1889 [on today map it's Zawadka Osiecka, Poland]
6. // date and place of baptism // 1 September 1889, Samoklęski [same name on today map]
7. // annotation in the book of birth -- Kan. 535 § 2 , 1983 // -
The date in 7 will help with the date of certificate in the bottom line - Kodeks Prawa Kanonicznego is Canon Law, from 1983.

Left bottom:
Samoklęski, 6 June 19x6 [this date is posterior to 1983, could be 1986 or 1996] // date of issue of this copy of birth certificate
==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
[email protected]

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 pm      Post subject:

Quote:
Here is the second jpeg, half of which is missing. Calim is witness.

Best,
Elzbieta

Thanks Elzbieta. My apologies for sending you down a dead end. Calim's marriage record is indexed in 1817...I guess I didn't get the right one, not knowing he was a witness to othermarriages.

-Peter
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:29 pm      Post subject: Re: A few more Translations

[email protected] wrote:
Hello,

Peter,

Here is Lewin's marriage.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO127:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/levinmarriage_copy_400.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 14 April 1833, 7 pm, in Bialy
MARRIAGE: 14 April 1833, in Bialy
WITNESS-RABBI-declaring-religious-marriage: [Starozakonny] old religious Moszek Liberman, local Deputy-Rabbi
GROOM: with [Starozakonny] old religious Abram Herszkowicz Lewin, young man, 24 years old, born here in Bialy,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Herszek and Malka, spouses Lewin, Malka Lewin, Abram's mother, residing in the village Wiski
BRIDE: Riva Golda, Miss, 21 years old, thus far staying in the service
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Ayzyk and Esther, laborers, spouses Dymont, residing here [in Bialy]
WITNESSES: Jcek Wolfowicz Eychenbaum teacher, 66 years old, and Fiszel Dawidowicz Faygonbaum, laborer 57 years old

Rok 1833
Dzialo sie w miescie Obwodowym Bialy dnia czternastego kwietnia tysiac osiemset trzydziestego trzeciego roku o godzinie siodmej wieczorem. Stawil sie Starozakonny Moszka Liberman Pod-Rabin tutejszy, wraz z Starozakonnym Abramem Herszkowiczem Lewin, kawalerem lat dwadziescia cztery liczacym, urodzonym tu w Bialy, z Herszka i Malki, Lewinow malzonkow, Malka Lewin, Matka Abrama we wsi Wiskach? mieszkajaca; i z Rywa Golda, panna lat dwadziescia jeden majaca z Ayzyka i Estery, wyrobnikow Dymont malzonkow tu mieszkajacych zrodzona, dotad w sluzbie zostajaca, w przytomnosci Ayzyka Dymont, ojca Rywy Goldy tudziez w obecnosci swiadkow Jcka Wolfowicza Eychenbauma szkolnika lat szescdziesiat szesc i Fiszela Dawidowicza Faygonbaum, wyrobnika lat piecdziesiat siedem liczacego, takze tu mieszkajacego, oswiadczyl ze przed nim na dniu dzisiejszym miedzy Abramem Herszkowiczem Lewin i Rywa Golda Dymont, religijne zawarte zostalo malzenstwo, ze takowe poprzedzily trzy zapowiedzi w dniach trzydziestego marca, szostego i trzynastego kwietnia roku biezacego, w Boznicy w miescie Bialy nastapione, ze na to malzenstwo nastapilo zezwolenie ustne obecnego tu Ayzyka Dymont, ojca Rywy Goldy, osowy nowo zaslubonej, ze tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczyli, ze umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, i przez Pod-Rabina Moska Liberman i swiadkow Jcka Wolfowicza Eychenbaum, Fiszela Dawidowicza Faygonbaum podpisany zostal, inni stawajacy pisac nie umieja.
Signatures:
Moszka Liberman (in Hebrew)
Jcek Wolfowicz Eychenbaum (in Hebrew)
Fichel Dawidowicz Faygonbaum (in Hebrew)
Goclawski, utrzymujacy Akta Stanu Cywilnego

Translated:

It did happen in the city of circuit Bialy, in the fourteenth day of April, year one thousand eight hundred thirty-third, at seven o'clock in the evening. Appeared in [Starozakonny] old religious Moszek Liberman, local Deputy-Rabbi, with [Starozakonny] old religious Abram Herszkowicz Lewin, young man, twenty-four years old, born here in Bialy, son of Herszek and Malka, spouses Lewin, Malka Lewin, Abram's mother, residing in the village Wiski; and with Riva Golda, Miss, twenty-one years old, daughter of Ayzyk and Esther, laborers, spouses Dymont, residing here, thus far staying in the service, in the consciousness of Ayzyk Dymont, father of Rywa Golda, and in the presence of witnesses Jcek Wolfowicz Eychenbaum teacher, sixty-six years old, and Fiszel Dawidowicz Faygonbaum, laborer fifty-seven years old, also residing here, stated that before him, today, between Abram Herszkowicz Lewin and Rywa Golda Dymont has been concluded religious marriage, that it was preceded by three announcements, on the thirtieth of March, the sixth and thirteenth of April of the current year, proclaimed in the synagogue in the city of Bialy, that an oral permission to the a marriage has been given by present here Ayzyk Dymont, father of Rywa Golda, bride. That no opposition to the marriage had happen. The new spouses stated that they have not entered any prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the present and witnesses, and by the Deputy-Rabbi Moska Liberman and witnesses Jcek Wolfowicz Eychenbaum, Fiszel Dawidowicz Faygonbaum was signed, others present not know how to write.
Signatures:
Moszek Liberman (in Hebrew)
Jcek Wolfowicz Eychenbaum (in Hebrew)
Fichel Dawidowicz Faygonbaum (in Hebrew)
Gocławski, keeping Civil Vital Records Registry

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:38 pm      Post subject: Re: oruch

zack wrote:
Hi
Thank you for your recent translations
Is this one is for Chaya Oracz or Oruch? who is her perents?
Thanks
Zack

Zack,

This one is in Cyrillic, I'am sorry, cannot decipher much.

Best,
Elzbieta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 128 of 581

Jump to: