PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:44 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Elzbieta! I hope to find more too.
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Wierzchon Marriage Records Translation available?

janbee wrote:
Hello.

I found these 2 marriage records today and believe these 2 men may be related to my great grandparents, Jan Wierzchon and Marianna Orlowska.

Any assistance in translation of the documents would be very much appreciated.
Perhaps they are brothers?

(1) Wojchiech Wierzchon, married in 1897, Mother: Marianna? Orlowska, from Pniewo, Mazowieckie

(2) Adam Wierzchon married in 1893, Mother: Marianna? Orlowska, from Pniewo, Mazowieckie

Thank you!
JanBee

Jan,

Here are 2 brothers:
Adam Wierzchoń [BIRTH-ESTIMATE:1867]
Wojciech Wierzchoń [BIRTH-ESTIMATE:1871]

We may add:
KTO: Franciszka Wierzchoń died 24 August 1874, 1 am, in Wielątki, 10 years old [BIRTH-ESTIMATE:1864]

All children of Jan Wierzchoń and Marianna born Orłowska from Wielątki

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO170Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/wojciech_wierzchon_marriage_no_43_462.png
Wieliontki [Wielątki] 43
It did happen in the town Pniewo, /2/14/ November 1897, 3 pm.
We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Jan Swidawa, 26 years old, and Franciszka Skeczon? 30 years old, () residing in Wielątki, today has been concluded religious marriage between Wojciech Wierzchoń, young man, born and residing in Wielątki, this parish, son of Jan and Marianna born Orłowska, [morgownik] farmers, 26 years old, and Ewa Izdebska, Miss, born in Gładczyn Szlachecki and residing with her parents in Wielątki, this parish, daughter of Stefan and Marianna born Musiał, spouses, 22 years old. Banns /5/17; /12/24/; /19/31/ October current year in Pniewo parish church. No prenuptial agreement. This act … etc.

MARRIAGE: /2/14/ - 14 November 1897, 3 pm, in Pniewo
GROOM: Wojciech Wierzchoń, young man, born and residing in Wielątki, this parish, 26 years old, [BIRTH-ESTIMATE:1871]
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Jan [Wierzchoń] and Marianna born Orłowska, [morgownik] farmers
BRIDE: Ewa Izdebska, Miss, born in Gładczyn Szlachecki and residing with her parents in Wielątki, this parish, 22 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Stefan [Izdebski] and Marianna born Musiał, spouses
WITNESSES: Jan Swidawa, 26 years old, and Franciszka Skeczon? 30 years old, () residing in Wielątki
BANNS: /5/17; /12/24/; /19/31/ October 1897 in Pniewo parish church

==PO170Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/adam_wierzchon_marriage_no23_in_1893_188.png
23 Wielientki [Wielątki] and Komorowo
It did happen in the town Pniewo, /31 January/12 February/ 1893, 1 pm.
We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Franciszek Skoczen 30 years old, and Jozef Kaminski (? folded page), 40 years old, farmers residing in Wielątki, today has been concluded religious marriage between Adam Wierzchoń, young man, born and residing with his parents in Wielątki, this parish, son of Jan and Marianna born Orłowska, farmers, 26 years old; and Marianna Ostrowska, Miss, born in the village Dąbrowa, parish Obryte, and residing with her parents in Komorowo, this parish, daughter of Adam and Jozefa born Pocichna, [morgownik] farmer, 19 years old. Banns /17/29/ January; /24 January/ 5 February/; /31 January/12 February/ current year in Pniewo parish church. Oral permission from the bride’s father has been stated. No prenuptial agreement. This act … etc.

MARRIAGE: /31 January/12 February/ - 12 February 1893, 1 pm, in Pniewo
GROOM: Adam Wierzchoń, young man, born and residing with his parents in Wielątki, this parish, 26 years old [BIRTH-ESTIMATE:1867]
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Jan [Wierzchoń] and Marianna born Orłowska, farmers,
BRIDE: Marianna Ostrowska, Miss, born in the village Dąbrowa, parish Obryte, and residing with her parents in Komorowo, this parish, 19 years old
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Adam [Ostrowski] and Jozefa born Pocichna, [morgownik] farmer,
WITNESSES: Franciszek Skoczen 30 years old, and Jozef Kaminski (? folded page), 40 years old, farmers residing in Wielątki
BANNS: /17/29/ January; /24 January/ 5 February/; /31 January/12 February/ 1893 in Pniewo parish church

==
kelesney

Replies: 65

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm      Post subject: Re: translation request...another celmer (drozdowo parish)

kelesney wrote:
I would like to request line by line translation of the attached record.
Please find attached Death Record for Elzbieta Celmer (d1899)
She is either the daughter of Hipolit Celmer or his niece - i think.

Thank you in advance.
karen

I realize and appreciate the help i have received here with my genealogy search.
here is any another record translation request.
: )

1899_Elzbieta Celmer_Death Record-Drozdowo Parish.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  642.38 KB
 Viewed:  9012 Time(s)

1899_Elzbieta Celmer_Death Record-Drozdowo Parish.png

nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm      Post subject: Jozef Tylicki m 1872

Hi Elzbieta,

Attempting to solve yet another puzzle.

Jozef Tylicki was said to be "owner of noble parts" in Jablonowo Adamy in the 1883 marriage record of his sister.

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20680&highlight=adamy#20680 (bottom of the page)

I am curious as to how that came about. His father Antonio was the zakladnik. None of the available records listed him as having been a land owner. This begs the question of how his son Jozef became a landlord?

It is possible that Antonio made a loan to the village owners and at some point they were unable to re pay him. If this was indeed the case, a court record would have been produced; The title of the land would have changed hands through a law suit

http://literat.ug.edu.pl/glogers/0045.htm Reference 'Zastaw'

I am planning to research at the AGAD and State Archives next year (YAY!). I would look into the matter, if the evidence suggests the above scenario.

There are also 'lease agreements' and 'transfer of ownership' records to be found in various State Archives. For anyone interested these you can use the SEZAM and ZOSIA search engine for the State Archives. I originally searched ' Akta notarialne' ( z lat 1860–1870). There is a wealth of other information available as well, ie-post mortem inventories.

I have below pasted the English version of the site-

http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/sezam.php?l=en&mode=search&nrarchiwum=0&nrzespolu=&zesp1=&operator=and&zesp2=&kat=0&dzial=notariaty&bib1=&boperator=and&bib2=&zaw1=&zoperator=and&zaw2=&data1=&data2=&p=1&szukaj=1

Finally, to the point-would you mind telling me if there was a pre- nuptial agreement made or any references to land ownership in Jozef's marriage record in 1872. I see that he is 25y. and married Marianna Tańska. The Tańska surname is extremely popular in this village. I have noted in older records, that often times, the owner of the village surname is prominent throughout the records.

Also, I think another very old family name( from the Szrensk parish) appears in the record as well-"Grzybowska"

As always,

Much appreciated,

Nancy

Josef Tylicki m. Wieczfnia 1872.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  9012 Time(s)

Josef Tylicki m. Wieczfnia 1872.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:07 pm      Post subject: Re: translation request...another celmer (drozdowo parish)

kelesney wrote:
kelesney wrote:
I would like to request line by line translation of the attached record.
Please find attached Death Record for Elzbieta Celmer (d1899)
She is either the daughter of Hipolit Celmer or his niece - i think.

Thank you in advance.
karen

I realize and appreciate the help i have received here with my genealogy search.
here is any another record translation request.
: )

Karen,

You already posted the same record:
Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:59 pm
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20779#20779

And I translated the next day:
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 am
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20784#20784

Best,
Elzbieta
janbee
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:30 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta: Once again, you're a marvel!
Thank you so much for confirming that these 2 brothers: Adam Wierzchoń and Wojciech Wierzchoń are my great grand uncles!
I was happy to hear they are my relatives and that Frandiszka was their sister.
However, also very saddened to learn of their sister Franciszka's death at the age of 10. Always heartbreaking.
They were all children of Jan Wierzchoń and Marianna born Orłowska from Wielątki, my great great grandparents!

You do an amazing job and I'm ever so grateful.

Warm regards,
JanBee

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 am      Post subject: Re: Jozef Tylicki m 1872

nercell wrote:
Hi Elzbieta,

Attempting to solve yet another puzzle.

Jozef Tylicki was said to be "owner of noble parts" in Jablonowo Adamy in the 1883 marriage record of his sister.

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20680&highlight=adamy#20680 (bottom of the page)

I am curious as to how that came about. His father Antonio was the zakladnik. None of the available records listed him as having been a land owner. This begs the question of how his son Jozef became a landlord?

It is possible that Antonio made a loan to the village owners and at some point they were unable to re pay him. If this was indeed the case, a court record would have been produced; The title of the land would have changed hands through a law suit

http://literat.ug.edu.pl/glogers/0045.htm Reference 'Zastaw'

I am planning to research at the AGAD and State Archives next year (YAY!). I would look into the matter, if the evidence suggests the above scenario.

There are also 'lease agreements' and 'transfer of ownership' records to be found in various State Archives. For anyone interested these you can use the SEZAM and ZOSIA search engine for the State Archives. I originally searched ' Akta notarialne' ( z lat 1860–1870). There is a wealth of other information available as well, ie-post mortem inventories.

I have below pasted the English version of the site-

http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/sezam.php?l=en&mode=search&nrarchiwum=0&nrzespolu=&zesp1=&operator=and&zesp2=&kat=0&dzial=notariaty&bib1=&boperator=and&bib2=&zaw1=&zoperator=and&zaw2=&data1=&data2=&p=1&szukaj=1

Finally, to the point-would you mind telling me if there was a pre- nuptial agreement made or any references to land ownership in Jozef's marriage record in 1872. I see that he is 25y. and married Marianna Tańska. The Tańska surname is extremely popular in this village. I have noted in older records, that often times, the owner of the village surname is prominent throughout the records.

Also, I think another very old family name( from the Szrensk parish) appears in the record as well-"Grzybowska"

As always,

Much appreciated,

Nancy

Nancy,

Some little progress.
This marriage record is from 1871 (not 2).

Hypothesis: Jozef Tylicki became "owner of noble parts" with his marriage to Maryanna Tańska?

Here it is,
Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO171Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/josef_tylicki_m_wieczfnia_1872_162.jpg
4 Adamy
It did happen in Wieczfnia February /7/19/ 1871, 4 pm.
We make it known that in consciousness of witnesses Jan Jablonowski, famer, 47 years old, and Jozef Cipkowski, blacksmith, 48 years old, both residing in Adamy, has been concluded religious marriage between Jozef Tylicki, young man, 25 years old, residing in Adamy with his mother, born in Nosarzewo Polne, son of the late Antoni Tylicki, and living wife Wiktorya born Chudzynska, (откупщик, plural in Russian record, see NOTE) of parts from Adamy; and Maryanna Tańska, Miss, born in Adamy, daughter of Tomasz Tański and the late his wife Anna born Grzybowska, owner of parts in Adamy, 21 years old, residing in Adamy with her father. Banns in local parish church, /24 January/5 February/; /31 January/12 February/; /7/19/ February current year. No prenuptial agreement. Regligious rite by priest Tomasz Krezyski? rector of Wieczfnia

MARRIAGE: /7/19/ - 19 February 1871, 4pm, in Wieczfnia
GROOM: Jozef Tylicki, young man, 25 years old, residing in Adamy with his mother, born in Nosarzewo Polne,
GROOM-PARENTS: son of the late Antoni Tylicki, and living wife Wiktorya born Chudzynska (откупщик, odkupczyk) of parts from Adamy
BRIDE: Maryanna Tańska, Miss, born in Adamy, 21 years old, residing in Adamy with her father
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Tomasz Tański and the late his wife Anna born Grzybowska, owner of parts in Adamy,
WITNESSES: Jan Jablonowski, famer, 47 years old, and Jozef Cipkowski, blacksmith, 48 years old, both residing in Adamy
BANNS: in local parish church, /24 January/5 February/; /31 January/12 February/; /7/19/ February 1871

NOTE: откупщик, plural in Russian record, writes odkupczyk in Polish
Google translate makes it "tax farming"
Russian wiki is roughly about tax farms, Farm revenue leasing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_%28revenue_leasing%29
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BF
No etymology given in Russian wiki for откупщик
English writes a warning in capital letter: "Tax farming is not synonymous with modern privatized tax collection"

Let's go Polish.
Etymology kupic=purchase, buy; odkupic=repurchase, redeem
Related words:
dług=debt
wierzytelność=liability
mortgage=hipoteka, dług, wierzytelność

Nearby word: okup=ransom
zakładnik=hostage

Going back to Antoni and Wiktorya Tylicka: in 1871 they are откупщик=odkupczyk of parts from Adamy.

==
janbee
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record No 228 for Marianna Tomilo?

Am seeking a full translation to English of this birth record No. 228 for Marianna Tomilo in 1889.
Her father would be Andrzej Tomilo and her mother would be Teresa Fik, from Zabno, Turobin.

The record link is here and a copy attached.

http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/88/641/0/-/16/skan/full/zcwtCg00ZzqHnTLikZdkdg

Many Thanks,
JanBee

Marianna Tomilo possible birth record 1889 no 228.png
 Description:
Birth Record Marianna Tomilo, No. 228 in 1889
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Viewed:  9014 Time(s)

Marianna Tomilo possible birth record 1889 no 228.png

Pennst411

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:18 pm      Post subject: Stanislaw Tobor birth record

Hi Elzbieta,

I actually did find one more Laughing Would you be able to translate this birth record for Stanislaw Tobor when you get some time?

Thanks,

Steve

Stanislaw Tobor birth record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  998.43 KB
 Viewed:  9014 Time(s)

Stanislaw Tobor birth record.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record No 228 for Marianna Tomilo?

janbee wrote:
Am seeking a full translation to English of this birth record No. 228 for Marianna Tomilo in 1889.
Her father would be Andrzej Tomilo and her mother would be Teresa Fik, from Zabno, Turobin.

The record link is here and a copy attached.

Many Thanks,
JanBee

Jan,

This record is difficult to read. I have doubt on the day of birth.
The record is not from Zabno, but from Załawcze [Żabno is circa 3 km North from Turobin, Załawcze is 1 km South from Turobin].

Best,
Elabieta

==
==PO171Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/marianna_tomilo_possible_birth_record_1889_no_228_151.png
228 Załawcze Tomiło Maryanna
It did happen in Turobin, /17/29/ September 1889, 6 pm. Appeared in Andrzej Tomiło, farmer residing in the village Załawcze, 48 years old, in the presence of Jan Tomiło, 38 years old, and Jozef Tomiło, 36 years old, both farmers residing in the village Załawcze, and presented us a female child, declaring he was born in Załawcze 18? day current month and year, 3 am, with his wife Teresa born Fik, 45 years old. On the holy baptism held today the child has been given the name Maryanna and his godparents were Jan Tomiło and Maryanna Bidoka. This act … etc.

DATE-of-ACT: /17/29/ - 29 September 1889, 6 pm, in Turobin
FATHER: Andrzej Tomiło, farmer residing in the village Załawcze, 48 years old
MOTHER: Teresa born Fik, 45 years old, his wife
KTO: Maryanna Tomiło born 18? September 1889, 3 am, in Załawcze
WITNESSES: Jan Tomiło, 38 years old, and Jozef Tomiło, 36 years old, both farmers residing in the village Załawcze
GODPARENTS: Jan Tomiło and Maryanna Bidoka

Left margin: zmarla dnia 25.11.76r. akt zgonu Nr 91/1976r // she died 25 November 1976, death record number Nr 91/1976r.
Seal of Civil Vital Records Registry and illegible signature

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:35 pm      Post subject: Re: Stanislaw Tobor birth record

Pennst411 wrote:
Hi Elzbieta,

I actually did find one more Laughing Would you be able to translate this birth record for Stanislaw Tobor when you get some time?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Here is Stanislaw.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO171Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/stanislaw_tobor_birth_record_158.jpg
Pułtusk 373
It did happen in the town Pułtusk /October 30/November 12/ 1905, 3 pm.
Appeared in Henryk Tobor, workman residing in Pułtusk, 23 years old, in the presence of Antoni Waleśkiewicz 40 years old, and Jozef Brylski, 29 years old, both workmen residing in Pułtusk, and presented us a male child, declaring he was born in Pułtusk, /October 24/November 6/ current year, 2 pm, with his wife Jozefa born Rutek (or Rutka), 31 years old. On the holy baptism held today the child has been given the name Stanislaw, and his godparents were Antoni Waleśkiewicz and Ludawika [NOTE] Gronowska. This act … etc.

DATE-of-ACT: /30 October/12 November/ - 12 November 1905, 3 pm, in Pułtusk
FATHER: Henryk Tobor, workman residing in Pułtusk, 23 years old
MOTHER: Jozefa born Rutek (or Rutka), 31 years old, his wife
KTO: Stanislaw Tobor, born /24 October/6 November/ - 6 November 1905, 2 pm, in Pułtusk
WITNESSES: Antoni Waleśkiewicz 40 years old, and Jozef Brylski, 29 years old, both workmen residing in Pułtusk
GODPARENTS: Antoni Waleśkiewicz and Ludawika [NOTE] Gronowska
NOTE: Probably Ludwika, Polish name for Luise or Luiza or Louise in other languages.

==
Pennst411

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Elzbieta!
janbee
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:37 am      Post subject: Translate Birth Record No 228 Marianna Tomilo in 1889

Hoping for a translation of this birth record for:

Marianna Tomilo in 1889.
Father: Andrzej Tomilo?
Mother: Teresa Fik?
Born/lived in: Zabno, Turobin, Lubelskie

For some reason I cannot attach the record but it is here:

Thank you so very much.
Regards,
JanBee

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 am      Post subject: Re: Translate Birth Record No 228 Marianna Tomilo in 1889

janbee wrote:
Hoping for a translation of this birth record for:

Marianna Tomilo in 1889.
Father: Andrzej Tomilo?
Mother: Teresa Fik?
Born/lived in: Zabno, Turobin, Lubelskie

For some reason I cannot attach the record but it is here:

Thank you so very much.
Regards,
JanBee

Jan,

Your record 228 typed and translated is already here (few posts before):

http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21030#21030

Best,
Elzbieta
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Jozef Tylicki m 1872

Hypothesis: Jozef Tylicki became "owner of noble parts" with his marriage to Maryanna Tańska?

Here it is,
Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO171Cyr:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/josef_tylicki_m_wieczfnia_1872_162.jpg

Jozef Tylicki, young man, 25 years old, residing in Adamy with his mother, born in Nosarzewo Polne, son of the late Antoni Tylicki, and living wife Wiktorya born Chudzynska, (откупщик, plural in Russian record, see NOTE) of parts from Adamy;

BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Tomasz Tański and the late his wife Anna born Grzybowska, owner of parts in Adamy,

NOTE: откупщик, plural in Russian record, writes odkupczyk in Polish
Google translate makes it "tax farming"
Russian wiki is roughly about tax farms, Farm revenue leasing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_%28revenue_leasing%29
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BF
No etymology given in Russian wiki for откупщик

Let's go Polish.
Etymology kupic=purchase, buy; odkupic=repurchase, redeem
Related words:
dług=debt
wierzytelność=liability
mortgage=hipoteka, dług, wierzytelność

Nearby word: okup=ransom
zakładnik=hostage

Going back to Antoni and Wiktorya Tylicka: in 1871 they are откупщик=odkupczyk of parts from Adamy.

==[/quote]

VERY interesting Elzbieta, especially due to your linguistic skills and dedication.

I'm sure you meant-going back to Wiktorya and 'Jozef'....

Well, obviously a zakladnik was not the nicest of occupations.

After digesting your notes and more, I believe that a review of the notary and court records is idefinitely ndicated. Luckily, they are extanct for the time and place.

New Hypothesis: Antoni Tyliciki 'collected' the lease 'of parts of Jablonow Adamy' (likely due to non payment of a mortgage) before he died. Upon Anotoni's death they passed on to Wiktorya and Jozef.

Also, the marriage alliance makes sense...from what I have read, it was customary for land owners to marry only another land owner. (In early times were they were the 'nobles).

Many thanks,

Nancy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 172 of 238

Jump to: