PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:40 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
hannahblack26 wrote:
Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
hannahblack26 wrote:
Hi, Elzbieta -

marcelproust translated this notation but was unable to decipher the name of the town or village my ancestor was married in. He suggested you might be able to. (It actually involves Katarzyna, not Wiktorya, Gielicz.)

http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/wiktoryagieliczcyrillic_122.jpg

Any help you can provide would be extremely helpful - thank you for all that you do!

Best,
Hannah

Hannah,

It is one of the most difficult cases for me, because I still do not know which Lądek your records are from. The name I have in the Cyrillic note starts like the name Peter - Piotr in Polish, Pieter in Russian.
Within 3 Lądek in Wikipedia, I have only one village associated with the name starting Piotr* - Lądek in Słupca County
However I would like very much to have it confirmed. From which archives are your records?

Best,
Elzbieta

==PO284:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/wiktoryagieliczcyrillic_122.jpg
Оговорка = Note, addition in Cyrillic
Stanislaw Skotelnik? On /7/20/ June 1908 – 20 June 1908, w Pietr*burg?/Pstr*burg, w kocteli (in the church), son of Stanislaw, religious marriage with Katarzyna Gielicz, etc.

3 Lądek
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C4%85dek
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C4%85dek,_Konin_County – no village starting with “P” inside
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C4%85dek,_S%C5%82upca_County – Piotrowo, Słupca County
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piotrowo,_S%C5%82upca_County
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C4%85dek,_Warmian-Masurian_Voivodeship

If your Lądek is the one in Słupca County, then the name of the village is Piotrowo.
==

Oh, I am so sorry! I never clarified - it is the one in Slupca.

Could it very possibly be Pittsburgh? That is a US city as opposed to a Polish village.

Thank you!!!

Best,
Hannah

Hannah,

Yes, it could be Pittsburgh, however there is no indication that this place is on the other continent!

If so, it is the first such record for me with Catholic church keeping tracability of marriages, including those in the US.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

Surprisingly, I made the connection when marcelproust translated the birth record of my great-grandfather Karol (born in Slask) - a notation had been written in a different hand of his marriage to my great-grandmother Urszula Gielicz (Katarzyna's sister) in "The Church of the Pure Heart of Mary" on 28 September 1909, no place given. - and the US records indicate that they were indeed married on 28 September 1909 in the Immaculate Heart of Mary church in Pittsburgh, located in the USA!

If the place were indeed Pittsburgh, then it fits the timing of Katarzyna coming to the United States in 1906 (as evidenced by a US passenger manifest), and the US census of 1910 lists her marriage to a "Stanislaw Skorzelski" as being "2 years old," although I've yet to come across a copy of the marriage record itself.

This illustrates - in both her record and my great-grandfather's - that there was communication between relatives (the family back in Poland and the immigrants in the US) and perhaps that the registry was updated accordingly.

Pittsburgh itself was a major industrial city for many years and has a rich Polish heritage; the Immaculate Heart of Mary church is located in what is called Polish Hill (this is where the Gielicz family settled), and the Sunday Mass is conducted entirely in Polish.

There is also a very old traditional Polish church nearby, St Stanislaus Kostka, where Katarzyna and her husband may have been wed.

I thank you for your help!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2793

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:55 pm      Post subject: Mariage Notations in Birth Records

Hannah & Elzbieta,

Entering notations of marriage in baptismal registers was a practice begun by the late 19th Century as a supplement to the banns during the period of increased migration between areas in Europe and immigration of Europeans to the Americas. The purpose of the banns was to bring to light any obstacle to an upcoming marriage, but that only worked in places where individuals lived continuously after reaching marriageable age. Since many individuals moved from place to place, the practice of entering marriage data in the baptismal register began as a safeguard against bigamy. The rules, which were not always observed in practice, were that the pastor of the parish where a marriage took place was to enter a notation in the baptismal register or, if the person had been baptized in another parish, was to send notification of the marriage to the place of baptism where the local priest was to enter that information into the baptismal register. Such notations regularly appear in the Latin ecclesiastical baptismal registers both in Poland and in the US. The corollary of that practice was that when a couple made arrangements to marry they were supposed to present a recently issued (within 6 months) baptismal certificate. If everything worked according to plan, any prior marriage notation was supposed to appear on the baptismal certificate. If there was an unexpected and unexplained marriage notation on the certificate, there was some serious explaining to do. Since in the Congress Kingdom of Poland priests also acted as civil registrars some priests entered the marriage notation in the civil birth record as well as in the Latin baptismal register. Due to the distance, time and difficulty of sending notifications from parishes in the USA to parishes in Poland priests in the US often failed to send notification to Poland but in this case it appears the priest took the notification duty seriously. If you were to obtain a copy of the page in the parish Latin baptismal register, the marriage notation also should appear there.

Records often contain unexpected and interesting details.

Dave
Mrudnik

Replies: 61

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:11 am      Post subject: Polish Marriage Bann Translation

Hello,

I need some assistance in Deciphering the attached wedding Bann documentation (both the handwriting and the translation). Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

It is from the St Stanislaus Kostka records in Chicago.

Thank You

PV Marriage Banns.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.75 MB
 Viewed:  10410 Time(s)

PV Marriage Banns.jpg

fopuszyn

Replies: 177

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Lopuszynski m.1837 b.1808

fopuszyn wrote:
Elzbieta,

This could be an interesting find for me. Here are birth and marriage records for a Jan Lopuszynski. Jan's father is Bazyli - a new finding for me. Not sure who Bazyli's father is.

1807 Marriage: Łęg parish
Bazyli married Barbara in 1807 in Łęg.
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=1807&to_date=1807&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=S&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

Jan born in Łęg parish Mazowieckie province.

1808 Birth: Łęg parish
http://www.geneszukacz.genealodzy.pl/index.php?search_lastname=lopuszynski&from_date=1808&to_date=1808&rpp1=&bdm=&url1=&w=&lang=pol&op=se
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=B&from_date=1808&to_date=1808&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=B&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

Jan married in Chrostkowo parish

1837 Marriage: Chrostkowo parish
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=1837&to_date=1837&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=S&w=02kp&op=gt&lang=pol

I have no clue who Bazyli is, where Łęg is.... So why would Jan come to Chrostkowo to get married? Maybe Bazyli was born in Lipno region and moved to Łęg region to marry and start a life? I hope to learn more about this Łęg - Chrostkowo connection. Maybe clues in attached records.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Elzbieta

Just curious where this request is in your queue. Maybe its nothing but I'm interested in the Łęg - Chrostkowo connection.

Frank
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:25 pm      Post subject:

czaplicki wrote:
Elżbieta, Thank you for translating my prior document. Could you please translate the birth record of my 2nd great grandmother Rozalia Czaplicki?
Thank you,
Conrad Czaplicki

Conrad,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO284:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/thumb_b_rozalia_cz_jan_magdalena_nis_kw_1815_1_1024_507.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 2 May 1815, at 10 am, in Krzynowłoga Wielka, county Przasnysz in the department of Płock
FATHER: Jan Czaplicki, partial heir, 36 years old, residing in the village Gadomiec Barany
MOTHER: Magdalena born Niska, 23 years old, his wife
KTO: Rozalia Czaplicka, born 26 April 1815, at 9 pm, in the village Gadomiec Barany, house at number one
WITNESSES: Maciej Glinski, 72 years old, and Mikolaj Sznarek, 57 years old, both hospital’s caretakers in Krzynowłoga Wielka

Gadomiec Barany
Roku 1815 dnia 2 miesiaca maja o godzinie 10 przed poludniem. Przed nami proboszczem Wielko Krzynowloskim sprawujacym obowiazki urzednika Stanu Cywilnego gminy Wielko Krzynowloskiej, powiatu Przasnyskiego, w departaencie Plockim. Stawil sie Jan Czaplicki, czesci dziedzic liczacy lat 36, w wiosce Godomiu Baranach zamieszkaly, i okazal nam dziecie plci zenskiej, ktore urodzilo sie w domu jego pod numerem pierwszym na dniu 26 miesiaca kwietnia roku biezacego o godzinie 9 wieczor, oswiadczajac iz jest splodzone z niego i Magdaleny z Niskich, 23 lat majacej, jego malzonki, i ze zyczeniem jego jest nadac mu imie Rozalia. Po uczynieniu powyzszego oswiadczenia i okazaniu dzieciecia, w przytomnosci Macieja Glinskiego, liczacego lat 72, tudziez Mikolaja Sznarka, lat 57 liczacego, obydwoch dziadow szpitalnych z Krzynowlogi Wielkiej. Niniejszy akt urodzenia, po przeczytaniu onego stawajacym pisac nie umiejacym podpisalismy. Xsiadz Norbert Zorawski, proboszcz Wielko Krzynowłoski, sprawujacy obowiazki urzednika Stanu Cywilnego

Translated:

Year 1815 2 nd day of the month of May at 10 am. Before us pastor of the parish Krzynowłoga Wielka, exercising duties of the officer of Civil Vital Records Registry for the community Krzynowłoga Wielka, county Przasnysz in the department of Płock. Appeared Jan Czaplicki, partial heir, 36 years old, residing in the village Gadomiec Barany, and presented us a female child, who was born in his house at number one, on 26 th day of the month of April of the current at 9 pm, declaring he is begotten of him and Magdalena born Niska, 23 years old, his wife, and that his will is to give him the name Rozalia. After making the above statement and presentation of the child, in consciousness of Maciej Glinski, 72 years old, and Mikolaj Sznarek, 57 years old, both hospital’s caretakers in Krzynowłoga Wielka. This act of birth, after being read to the present, who do not know how to write, we signed. Priest Norbert Zorawski, pastor in Krzynowłoga Wielka, exercising duties of the officer of Civil Vital Records Registry

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:26 pm      Post subject: Re: Maryanne Orzechowska Record

Steveorz wrote:
Elzbieta, Thank you for the last translation. It was very helpful. Here is another, thank you again.

Steve,

Here it is,

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO284:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/1826_death_maryanne_orzechowska_899.jpg
27 Akt Zejscia Maryanny Orzechowski
DATE-of-ACT: 24 October 1826 at 10 am, in Zieluń
WITNESSES: Piotr Ulatowski, farmer, not relative, 50 years old, and Jan Jablonski, farmer, similarly not relative, 48 years old, (occupation illegible) residing in Zieluń
KTO: Maryanna Orzechowska died 22 October 1826, at 12:00 noon, in Zieluń, 1 year and 3 months old,
PARENTS: daughter of Roch and Anna spouses Orzechowski, from Zieluń

Zieluń
Dzialo sie w Zieluniu, dnia 24 pazdziernika 1826 roku, o godzinie 10 z rana. Stawili sie Piotr Ulatowski, gospodarz, niekrewny, lat 50, i Jan Jablonski, gospodarz, takoz niekrewny, lat 48 liczacy, (occupation illegible) w Zieluniu zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli, ze w dniu 22 biezacego miesiaca o godzinie 12 w poludnie umarlo dziecie imieniem Maryanna rok 1 i miesiecy 3 liczaca, corka Rocha i Anny malzonkow Orzechowskich z Zielunia. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Orzechowskiej. Akt ten przeczytany stawajacym, lecz podpisany nie zostal, poniewaz pisac nie umieja. Xsiadz Mikolaj Wiszniewski, proboszcz parafii Zielunskiej

Translated:

It happened in Zieluń, on 24 October 1826 at 10 am. Appeared in Piotr Ulatowski, farmer, not relative, 50 years old, and Jan Jablonski, farmer, similarly not relative, 48 years old, (occupation illegible) residing in Zieluń, and declared that on 22 of the current month at 12 noon died the child name Maryanna 1 year and 3 months old, daughter of Roch and Anna spouses Orzechowski, from Zieluń. After visual conviction that Orzechowska passed away. This act was read to the present, but has not been signed because they do not know how to write. Priest Mikolaj Wiszniewski, pastor in Zieluń

==
ossnhughie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 354

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am      Post subject: help in translating a few pages of Polish

Dear PO friends,

Hello I needed some help translating roughly 3 pages info that the PGSA sent me copies of regarding the noble family Frackiewicz. It is copied from "Herbarz Polski"by Niesiecki. A translation into english would be helpful especially pertaining to Frackiewicz's family from around Vilnius or from Lithuania (where my noble branch of Frackiewicz seems to originate)

Thanks to those who can help.

Hugh

Frackieiwicz surname pt 3-page-001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.81 KB

Frackieiwicz surname pt 3-page-001.jpg

Frackiewicz surname pt 2-page-001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  322.04 KB

Frackiewicz surname pt 2-page-001.jpg

Frackiewicz surname pt 1-page-001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  327.18 KB

Frackiewicz surname pt 1-page-001.jpg

Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:21 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Lopuszynski m.1837 b.1808

fopuszyn wrote:

Hi Elzbieta

Just curious where this request is in your queue. Maybe its nothing but I'm interested in the Łęg - Chrostkowo connection.

Frank

Frank,

I have your request on queue in my MEMO
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25974#25974
But your requests are often quite a complex pouzzles, which is interesting, but demanding a couple of hours of quiet time, and these days it is a little difficult for me.

Best,
Elzbieta
czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:43 pm      Post subject:

Elżbieta, Thank you for translating my prior document. Could you please translate the death records of my 3rd great grandparents Mikołaj Gadomski and Agnieszka Roman?
Thank you,
Conrad Czaplicki

thumb_D-Mikołaj GAD Antoni Zofia GAD KW 1836-21_1024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.15 KB

thumb_D-Mikołaj GAD Antoni Zofia GAD KW 1836-21_1024.jpg

thumb_D-Agnieszka ROM Hilary Bogumiła ROM KW 1827-71_1024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.63 KB

thumb_D-Agnieszka ROM Hilary Bogumiła ROM KW 1827-71_1024.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
heleninnj
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:21 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta,
I am hoping you can help me once more with a translation. Further research revealed another Pelke Harz (this was my great-grandmother) who WAS married to a David Weingarten. Together they had a child in1879 named Reisel. I am wondering if my great-grandmother might have been widowed or divorced before she had my grandfather (Meier). Her parents are listed as Nathan & Nadia (or a variation thereof). I am attaching a portion of Reisel's birth record in the hopes that you can translate the cursive and let me know if this Pelke is my Pelke. A million thanks.

Helen

Harz Weingarten detail.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  653.69 KB

Harz Weingarten detail.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Lopuszynski m.1837 b.1808

fopuszyn wrote:
Elzbieta,

This could be an interesting find for me. Here are birth and marriage records for a Jan Lopuszynski. Jan's father is Bazyli - a new finding for me. Not sure who Bazyli's father is.

Marriage:

1808 Birth: Łęg parish
http://www.geneszukacz.genealodzy.pl/index.php?search_lastname=lopuszynski&from_date=1808&to_date=1808&rpp1=&bdm=&url1=&w=&lang=pol&op=se
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=B&from_date=1808&to_date=1808&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=B&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

Jan born in Łęg parish Mazowieckie province.

1837 Marriage: Chrostkowo parish
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=1837&to_date=1837&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=S&w=02kp&op=gt&lang=pol

Bazyli married Barbara in 1807 in Łęg.
http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=1807&to_date=1807&search_lastname=lopuszynski&search_lastname2=&rpp1=0&bdm=S&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

I have no clue who Bazyli is, where Łęg is.... So why would Jan come to Chrostkowo to get married? Maybe Bazyli was born in Lipno region and moved to Łęg region to marry and start a life? I hope to learn more about this Łęg - Chrostkowo connection. Maybe clues in attached records.

Thanks

Frank

Frank,

Here is the marriage record from 1837, szukajwarchiwach.pl indicates: Łęg,+Mława+County,+Poland, as well birth record from 1808 of Jan Franciszek Xawery Łopuszyński son of Bazyli and Barbara born Szulc.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO287:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_lopuszynski_jan_m1837_205.jpg
MARRIAGE: /16 January/7 February/ - 7 February 1837 at 9 am, in the village Chrostkowo
GROOM: Jan Łopuszyński, of noble birth, young man, an income writer [officer controlling income from land] residing in Lubuwiec, born in the village Rościszewo, 28 years old
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Bazyli and Barbara, born Szulc, spouses Łopuszyński, residing in the village Rościszewo, already passed away,
BRIDE: a noble-born Miss Karolina, 29 years old, born in the village Olesno, and now residing in Lubuwiec with her friends
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of Bernard and Malgorzata spouses Trzcieński, residing in Olesno, already passed away,
WITNESSES: Michal Dzielski, farmer residing here in Chrostkowo, 72 years old, and Jozef Zatorskiego, [ekonom] finacial manager, residing in the village Lubuwiec, 32 years old, a friend of mentioned below Jan Łopuszyński
BANNS: /17/29/ - 29 January 1837, in the church in Chrostkowo
NOTE: szukajwarchiwach.pl : Łęg,+Mława+County,+Poland
NOTE: geography
Łęg,+Mława+County,+Poland/Kowalewo,+Poland/Rościszewo,+Poland/Chrostkowo,+Poland/Lubówiec,+Poland/Oleszno,+Powiat+lipnowski,+Poland

Lubuwiec // today Lubówiec
Dzialo sie w wsi Chrostkowie dnia /16 stycznia/7 lutego/ 1837 roku o godzinie 9 z rana. Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Michala Dzielskiego, gospodarza tu w Chrostkowie zamieszkalego, lat 72 majacego, i Jozefa Zatorskiego, ekonoma w wsi Lubuwcu zamieszkalego, lat 32 majacego, przyjaciela nizej wymienionego Jana Łopuszyńskiego, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy szlachetnie urodzonym Janem Łopuszyńskim, mlodzianem, pisarzem prowentowym w Lubuwcu zamieszkalym, urodzonym w wsi Rościszewie, z Bazylego i Barbary z Szulcow Łopuszyńskich malzonkow, tamze zamieszkalych, juz niezyjacych, lat 28 majacym; a szlachetnie urodzona panna Karolina corka Bernarda i Malgorzaty malzonkow Trzcieńskich w Olesnie zamieszkalych, juz niezyjacych, lat 29 liczaca, w wsi Olesnie urodzona, a teraz w Lubuwcu u przyjaciol zamieszkala. Malzenstwo to poprzedzila tylko jedna zapowiedz na mocy udzielonego z Przeswietego Konsystorza Generalnego Plockiego inclu? w dniu 23 stycznia roku biezacego Nru 42. Zapowiedz ogloszona byla w dniu /17/29/ stycznia roku biezacego w kosciele Chrostkowskim, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych aktowi swiadkow i przyjaciol bylo oswiadczone. Tamowanie malzenstwa nie zaszlo. Malzonkowie nowi oswiadczaja, iz umowy przedslubnej nie zawarli urzedownie. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom przeczytany, przez nas, stawajacych, swiadka jednego podpisany zostal.
Xsiadz Eustaszy Dzielski, kommendarz parafii Chrostkowskiej
Signatures:
Jozef Zatorski, swiadek
Jan Łopuszyński
Karolina Trzcieńska

Translated:

It happened in the village Chrostkowo, on the day /16 January/7 February/ 1837 at 9 am. We make it known that the consciousness of witnesses Michal Dzielski, farmer residing here in Chrostkowo, 72 years old, and Jozef Zatorskiego, [ekonom] finacial manager, residing in the village Lubuwiec, 32 years old, a friend of mentioned below Jan Łopuszyński, today has been concluded religious marriage between, of noble birth, Jan Łopuszyński, young man, an income writer [officer controlling income from land] residing in Lubuwiec, born in the village Rościszewo, son of Bazyli and Barbara born Szulc, spouses Łopuszyński, ibid residing, already passed away, 28 years old; and a noble-born Miss Karolina, daughter of Bernard and Malgorzata spouses Trzcieński, residing in Olesno, already passed away, 29 years old, born in the village Olesno, and now residing in Lubuwiec with her friends. This marriage was preceded by only one announcement, [exception] granted under the Holy Consistory General in Plock drafted? on 23 January of the current year, N 42. The announcement was proclaimed on /17/29/ January of the current year in the church in Chrostkowo, as also an oral permission from present to the act witnesses and friends were stated. No opposition to the marriage had happened. The new spouses declare that they did not conclude any prenuptial agreement [urzedownie] by official act. This act was read to the present and witnesses, by us, presents and one witness was signed.
Priest Eustaszy Dzielski, administrator of the parish in Chrostkowo
Signatures:
Jozef Zatorski, witness
Jan Łopuszyński
Karolina Trzcieńska

==

==PO287:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/sa_lopuszynski_jan_b1808_118.jpg
Printed form, record N 35, village Kowalewo, signed priest Symforyn Kozlowski
Summary:
DATE-of-ACT: 27 November 1808, at 11 am, in Łęg, county Mława, department of Płock
FATHER: Bazyli Łopuszyński, 37 years old, residing in the village Kowalewo, community Łęg
MOTHER: Barbara born Szulc, 32 years old, his wife
KTO: Jan Franciszek Xawery Łopuszyński, born 20 November 1808, at 3 am, in the village Kowalewo, community Łęg, house number 8
WITNESSES: Marcin Kapewierzyski? 32 years old, and Woyciech Norbertezecki? Lat 29, both from the village Kowalewo, community Łęg
==

Leg-Kowalewo-Rosciszewo-Chrostkowo-Lubowiec-Oleszno.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.47 KB

Leg-Kowalewo-Rosciszewo-Chrostkowo-Lubowiec-Oleszno.JPG

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:55 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Marriage Bann Translation

Mrudnik wrote:
Hello,

I need some assistance in Deciphering the attached wedding Bann documentation (both the handwriting and the translation). Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

It is from the St Stanislaus Kostka records in Chicago.

Thank You

Hi,

Here is my deciphering. I wish Dave Nowicki, who knows very well Chicago, could re-read it and validate.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

PO-287:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/pv_marriage_banns_312.jpg
Piotr Rudnik, mł(odzian) 22 w Chi(cago) 7 miesiecy // Piotr Rudnik, young man, 22 years old, in Chicago since 7 month
w Pensylwanii Mount Pleasant W. Maryland, Pa // in Pennsylvania
[3 lines joined by bracket]
byl trzy lata // have been staying for 3 years
matka jest jeszcze tam // his mother is still there
i ojczym Ignacy Ostrowski // and his stepfather Ignacy Ostrowski

syn Wojciecha i Mary z fam(ilii) Sandycha // son of Wojciech and Mary born Sandych
urodzony w Osława Dąbrowa, Pomerania // born in Osława Dąbrowa, Pomerania
// NOTE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os%C5%82awa_D%C4%85browa Osława Dąbrowa is a village in Gmina Studzienice, Bytów County, Pomeranian Voivodeship, in northern Poland.

na uli(cy) Noble 699 // address in Chicago?
Gl.Pr? (5.) // ?
[on the right side, underlined] czyta // he reads = he knows how to read and write, is literate

Weronika Kosnowska, panna, 19 alm(ost) 1 /2 // Weronika Kosnowska, Miss, 19 years old, almost 19 and half
przy rodz(onym) bracie Franciszku Kosnowskim // [residing] with her brother Franciszek Kosnowki
na Fox pl 32 // address in Chicago
corka Jana i Petronelli Szeklinskiej // daughter of Jan and Petronella born Szeklinska
urodz(ona) Mały Szymwoczek?, czyta // born in Mały Szymwoczek?, she reads = she knows how to read and write, is literate

Licenze odda // he will give back license?
Zap(łaci) trzy paid $1 // he will pay 3 (times?) – paid $1

I a d. 20.I.84 // first [bann] on the day 20 January 1884
27.I.84 // 27 January 1884
3.II.84 // 3 February 1884

Zapłacił dolarow $ 7em // He paid $7

Slub alat // Marriage [what is alat?]
X. Fr(anciszek) Beulkopf C12 // Priest Franciszek Beulkopf C12
d. 4/II 84 Slub w P? Illegible 1/2 10 // date 4 February 1884, marriage in P? illegible, [what is 1/2 10 ? time using Polish saying “w pol do 10”, which is 9:30?]

Swiadkowie // Witnesses
1 Franciszek Susznorski?
2 Julian Stasiewski

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Wojciech Wierzchowski d.1828

fopuszyn wrote:

Elzbieta,

I located this 1828 death record of a Wojciech Wierzchowski which I believe confirms that his parents were indeed Piotr and Franciska. I believe this Wojciech married Anna Lopuszynska, sister of my 4G GF Tomasz Lopuszyznski. Also, Tomasz was married to a Katarzyna Wierzchowska, sister of this Wojciech. Therefore, brother and sister married brother and sister.

More importantly though, I believe this 1828 death record is very convincing that Franciska Wierzchowska was indeed my 5G GM !

Any mention of Franciska's maiden name?

Frank

UPDATE: Based on this death record, I still contend that...

1) Franciszka was wife of Piotr
2) I know that Tomasz was son-in-law of Piotr. Tomasz's wife was Katarzyna born Wierzchowska
3) Therefore, Tomasz's wife Katarzyna was daughter of Piotr and Franciszka
4) This Wojciech was son of Piotr and Franciszka
5) Therefore, Katarzyna and this Wojceich were siblings.

But, based in this death record, looks like this Wojciech was married to a Jadwiga Ziemniewicz - not Anna Lopuszynska as I originally thought. Anna was probably married to a different Wojciech Wierzchowski, perhaps a cousin.

But, good news is that this death record confirms that Piotr and Francizka are both my 5G grandparents.

Frank,

Here is your record.

Best,
Elzbieta

==

==PO287:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/ta_wierzchowski_wojciech_d1828_305.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 11 February 1828 at 11 am, in the village Chrostkowo
WITNESSES: Woyciech Wierzchowski, farmer peasant, 60 years old, and Mateusz Woytulski, farmer peasant, 60 years old, both residing in Janiszewo
KTO: Woyciech Wierzchowski, died 8 February 1828, at 11 pm, in Janiszewo, farmer tenant, residing in Janiszewo, 50 years old,
PARENTS: son of Piotr and Franciszka, spouses Wierzchowski in Janieszewo,
WIDOW: leaving behind widowed wife Jadwiga born Ziemiewicz

11 Janiszewo
Dzialo sie w wsi Chrostkowie dnia 11 lutego 1828 roku, o godzinie 11 przed poludniem. Stawili sie Woyciech Wierzchowski, rolny gospodarz, lat 60 majacy, i Mateusz Woytulski, rolny gospodarz lat 60 majacy, obydwaj w Janiszewie zamieszkali, i oswiadczyli, ze w dniu 8 biezacego miesiaca o godzinie 11 wieczor umarl Woyciech Wierzchowski, komornik w Janiszewie zamieszkaly, lat 50 liczacy, syn Piotra i Franciszki malzonkow Wierzchowskich, w Janieszewie, zostawiwszy po sobi odwowiala zone Jadwige z Ziemiewiczow. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zeysciu Wierzchowskiego. Akt ten stawajacym przeczytany, przez nas proboszcza podpisany zostal, gdyz stawajacy pisac nie umieja.
X. Stanislaw Poznanski, Proboszcz Chrostkowski

Translated:

It happened in the village Chrostkowo, on 11 February 1828 at 11 am. Appeared in Woyciech Wierzchowski, farmer peasant, 60 years old, and Mateusz Woytulski, farmer peasant, 60 years old, both residing in Janiszewo, and declared that on 8th of this month at 11 pm died Woyciech Wierzchowski, farmer tenant, residing in Janiszewo, 50 years old, son of Piotr and Franciszka, spouses Wierzchowski in Janieszewo, leaving behind widowed wife Jadwiga born Ziemiewicz. After visual conviction that Wierzchowski passed away. This act was read to the presents, by us, pastor, was signed, because the presents do not know how to write.
Priest Stanislaw Poznanski, Pastor in Chrostkowo

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:34 pm      Post subject:

czaplicki wrote:
Elżbieta, Thank you for translating my prior document. Could you please translate the death records of my 3rd great grandparents Mikołaj Gadomski and Agnieszka Roman?
Thank you,
Conrad Czaplicki

Conrad,

Here is Agnieszka Roman. The second record is too small, illegible - as a general rule, when the attached BMD record, in jpeg format is less than 100 Kbytes, it is too small.

Best,
Elzbieta
==

==PO287:
http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/thumb_d_agnieszka_rom_hilary_bogumia_rom_kw_1827_71_1024_201.jpg
DATE-of-ACT: 30 June 1827 at 6 pm, in the village of Krzynowloga Wielka
WITNESSES: Jozef Gadomski, 46 years old, and Franciszek Gadomski, 26 years old, both staying with their parents, sons of deceased
KTO: well-born Agnieszka born Roman, spouse Gadomska, died 29 June 1827, at 1 pm, 60 years old, residing in Czaplice Kurki,
PARENTS: daughter of Hilary Roman
WIDOW: leaving behind a widowed spouse Mikolaj Gadomski partial heir, ibid residing in Czaplice Kurki,

Czaplice Kurki 71
Dzialo sie w wsi Krzynowlodze Wielkiej dnia 30 czerwca 1827 roku o godzinie 6 po poludniu. Stawili sie Jozef Gadomski, lat 46 liczacy, i Franciszek Gadomski, lat 26 liczacy, obydwaj przy rodzicach zostajacy, i oswiadczyli, ze w dniu 29 biezacego miesiaca o godzinie 1 po poludniu umarla urodzona Agnieszka z Romanow Gadomska, lat 60 liczaca w Czaplicach Kurkach zamieszkala, zostawiwszy po sobie owdowialego malzonka Mikolaja Gadomskiego czesci dziedzica tamze w Czaplicach Kurkach zamieszkalego, corka Hilarego Romana. Po przekonaniu sie naocznie o zejsciu Gadomskiej. Akt ten przeczytany stawajacym pisac nie umiejacym, z ktorych obydwaj sa synami zmarlej, i podpisany zostal przez nas. X. Norbert Zorawski, proboszcz parafii Wielko Krzynowłoskiej

Translated:

It happened in the village of Krzynowloga Wielka on 30 June 1827 at 6 pm. Appeared in Jozef Gadomski, 46 years old, and Franciszek Gadomski, 26 years old, both staying with their parents, and declared that on 29th of the current month at 1 pm died well-born Agnieszka born Roman, spouse Gadomska, 60 years old, residing in Czaplice Kurki, leaving behind a widowed spouse Mikolaj Gadomski partial heir, ibid residing in Czaplice Kurki, daughter of Hilary Roman. After visual conviction that Gadomska passed away. This act was read to the presents, who do not know how to write, both of which are sons of deceased, and was signed by us. Priest Norbert Żórawski, pastor in Krzynowloga Wielka

==
czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:29 pm      Post subject:

Hi Elżbieta,
Perhaps if you would go to the original scan (URL below) of the book for Mikołaj Gadomski it might be easier. It looks a lot better on my computer. It is entry 21.
Thank you,
Conrad
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1836&kt=3&plik=020-025.jpg#zoom=1&x=213&y=1365

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 288 of 581

Jump to: