PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm      Post subject: Missing marriage records?

Hello, I'm sure that this question must have been asked many times in the forum and I apologise if I am asking it again!

Are missing records due to them being damaged during WW1 and WW2 or just that not every record has been recorded yet?

I've been unable to locate my great grandmother and great grandfathers marriage record via Geneteka (or elsewhere online - I am in Australia.) Their marriage would have been from 1910-1920's around the Zerniki Dolne/Tuczepy areas.

I know there are many gaps in what is available. Is this because they haven't been scanned yet or is it because they just don't exist anymore?

Thank you and appreciate any help.

Kind regards, Joanna
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2549

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:13 am      Post subject: Re: Missing marriage records?

JoLoBec wrote:
Hello, I'm sure that this question must have been asked many times in the forum and I apologise if I am asking it again!

Are missing records due to them being damaged during WW1 and WW2 or just that not every record has been recorded yet?

I've been unable to locate my great grandmother and great grandfathers marriage record via Geneteka (or elsewhere online - I am in Australia.) Their marriage would have been from 1910-1920's around the Zerniki Dolne/Tuczepy areas.

I know there are many gaps in what is available. Is this because they haven't been scanned yet or is it because they just don't exist anymore?

Kind regards, Joanna

Few most probable reasons: these documents were not scanned yet or nobody indexed them. You should ask the Registry office and State Archives where these documents are stored.
Żerniki Dolne belong to the romancatholic parish of Kargów. Registry office for Karków is located in Stopnica.
State Archives store the documents for Kargów and Tuczępy up to 1914. you can contact them at this email address: [email protected]

Tuczępy belong to the romancatholic parish of Tuczępy. Registry office for Tuczępy is located in Tuczępy.

I suppose that the documents for the period 1914-2020 are stored in the Registry Offices or maybe some of them 1914-1945 are stored in the parish offices.

Last edited by marcelproust on Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:20 am; edited 4 times in total
JoLoBec

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 am      Post subject: Missing marriage records?

Thank you Marcel Smile
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:08 am      Post subject: Re: Missing marriage records?

JoLoBec wrote:

Kind regards, Joanna

Hello Joanna,

If you wish PolishOrigins' assistance with your research, do not hesitate to contact us, here you can find more details about our genealogy services: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/ and here you can fill in our request form: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy-request

Warm greetings from Poland,
Katarzyna
JoLoBec

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:25 am      Post subject: Missing marriage records?

Thank you - very appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: