PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 am      Post subject: Zygmunt Marynowski 1880-1967

I am researching the lineage of Zygmunt Marynowski, who was born in Michałów 11 Jan 1880 and died in Przemyśl 9 Dec 1967. He is buried in Zielona Gòra together with his wife Zofia (born Linde, likely in Czeremchów, Ukraine 1882). They were married around 1919. She had previously been married to Wincenty Markiewicz, who died in 1918. Zygmunt was probably a bank director, where I don't know but possibly in Zielona Gòra.

I have found no clue to Zygmunt's ancestry anywhere, hope I can get some help here (or tips on where to look).
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2466

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Zygmunt Marynowski 1880-1967

av1967 wrote:
I am researching the lineage of Zygmunt Marynowski, who was born in Michałów 11 Jan 1880 and died in Przemyśl 9 Dec 1967. He is buried in Zielona Gòra together with his wife Zofia (born Linde, likely in Czeremchów, Ukraine 1882). They were married around 1919. She had previously been married to Wincenty Markiewicz, who died in 1918. Zygmunt was probably a bank director, where I don't know but possibly in Zielona Gòra.

I have found no clue to Zygmunt's ancestry anywhere, hope I can get some help here (or tips on where to look).

Hi,

I would suggest finding his birth record and working back from there. Geneteka is a good search site but he does not appear to be indexed there. There are quite a few places named Michałów so the trick would be to determine which was his place of birth, which will require some detective work. To find the actual birth record it would be necessary to determine the parish to which the village where he was born belonged. I would recommend using the Skorowidz, which was published in 1933. Here is the link: https://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/publication/7126/edition/12786/content Places named Michałów begin on page 1033. The 3rd column gives the województwo for the years between 1920 and 1939. The last column lists the parish to which the place belonged. To help narrow down the list of possible places attached is a map of the administrative districts during that time period which can help you to eliminate places in parts of Poland which would be unlikely.

Wishing you success,

Dave

Poland 1930 Administrative Districts.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Poland 1930 Administrative Districts.png

av1967

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much, that is really helpful. I was unaware of the Geneteka site (new to researching in Poland) and it seems to be quite a trove of records. When browsing Geneteka it seems most likely that the village Michałów in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship is the correct one. However there are no records for Michałów yet indexed for the period including 1880.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: