PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:36 pm      Post subject: Relatives or family friends

Hi, I am looking for any information on my Polish relatives. Sorry I do not speak Polish.

Unfortunately, they passed away many years ago, but I would love to know if I have any surviving relatives or if there are any surviving family friends as I am trying to complete my family tree.

My great grandmother was Julja Dabrowska and my great grandfather was Jan Latecki, they had two daughters Janina ‘Nina’ (my grandmother) and Eugenja (my great aunt)

My grandmother married 3 times (1. Niessner 2. Wegrzyn and 3. Switalkski)

Eugenja married Stephan Kindy and moved to Prague before moving to England.

In Poland I believe the family lived in Warsaw, Lublin, Otwock, then they moved to England.

My grandmother's first husband Marian Niessner was in the Polish Resistance and was executed in 1942 by the Gestapo. Together they had a son Marec who unfortunately died from drowning when he was 28 in Poland.

My grandmother then married Ludwik Wegrzyn and gave birth to my father Ryszard. After they divorced, she married again.

My father passed away in 2019.

I have loads of family photographs and lots of letters and documents.
If anyone has any information or if this sounds familiar, I would love to hear from you.
Please contact me - [email protected]

Thank you!

Best wishes

Ami Wegrzyn
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 612

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Relatives or family friends

amij11 wrote:
Hi, I am looking for any information on my Polish relatives. Sorry I do not speak Polish.

Unfortunately, they passed away many years ago, but I would love to know if I have any surviving relatives or if there are any surviving family friends as I am trying to complete my family tree.

My great grandmother was Julja Dabrowska and my great grandfather was Jan Latecki, they had two daughters Janina ‘Nina’ (my grandmother) and Eugenja (my great aunt)

In Poland I believe the family lived in Warsaw, Lublin, Otwock, then they moved to England.

My grandmother's first husband Marian Niessner was in the Polish Resistance and was executed in 1942 by the Gestapo. Together they had a son Marec who unfortunately died from drowning when he was 28 in Poland.

My grandmother then married Ludwik Wegrzyn and gave birth to my father Ryszard. After they divorced, she married again.

If anyone has any information or if this sounds familiar, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Ami Wegrzyn

Hello Ami,
I am a little unsure what information you are looking for. I can help you find your ancestors, but it is impossible to find anything after 1940. I checked that your great-grandparents Jan Latecki and Julja Dąbrowska married in 1911. Your grandmother Janina Krystyna was born in 1913, and your aunt Eugenia Róża in 1916. According to calculations, your father was born approx. 1945. There is hardly anything online after 1940.
Regards,
- Barb
amij11

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:04 pm      Post subject: thank you

Hi Barb

thank you for your reply and information.

Is there any information on who my dads father is Luwik Wegrzyn and his family? I know nothing about them at all - only that he was called Ludwik or Ludwig Wegrzyn. I don't know who his parents were or where they were from. I do not know where he went after Janina and he divorced.

My dad was born in 1951.

Best wishes

Ami
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 612

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:54 am      Post subject: Re: thank you

amij11 wrote:
Hi Barb

thank you for your reply and information.

Is there any information on who my dads father is Luwik Wegrzyn and his family? I know nothing about them at all - only that he was called Ludwik or Ludwig Wegrzyn. I don't know who his parents were or where they were from. I do not know where he went after Janina and he divorced.

My dad was born in 1951.

Best wishes

Ami

Hi Ami,
As I said, anything that took place after 1930 is difficult to find online. Then you must contact the respective churches or archives.
We at Forum can try to help you find previous generations. In the marriage record of your great-grandparents I can read that:
Jan Latecki was the son of Jan and Zofia Barbara Dąbrowska
Julja Dąbrowska was the daughter of Antoni and Józefa Dybicz.
There is more than that.

-Barb
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1020

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:04 am      Post subject: Re: Relatives or family friends

amij11 wrote:

Thank you!

Best wishes

Ami Wegrzyn

Hi Ami and Barb,
Ami, you mentioned that you have family photos, letters and documents. If you have a document in Polish, or perhaps writing on the back of a photo, we may be able to assist you. You can post an image of a scanned document here in this thread. As for letters, it might not be the best idea to post a letter on the forum if you do not know what it says, as there might be private family info in it, but you can ask here if someone would be willing to look at a letter, and send it to them via a private message through this forum.
Regarding the surname Węgrzyn, you probably already know how that is pronounced in Polish. The sound given by the "ę" is similar to the sound "en" in English, so you may find that looking for "Wengrzyn" also gets you some results on search engines, if anyone in your family had anglicized the name. Similarly, I see you have the surname Dabrowska which would have been spelled Dąbrowska in Polish. There, too, the name could be anglicized to Dombrowska (and for males, the ending would be -ski rather than -ska).
Spelling conventions have changed over time, so while old records may indeed show Julja and Eugenja, today they would be spelled Julia and Eugenia. Your Marec would be spelled Marek. I thought it might be helpful, since you are putting together your tree, to give you a little assistance with the spelling.
I wish you the best of luck in your research,
Sophia
amij11

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:56 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Sopia and Barb Smile
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:58 pm      Post subject:

Hi again,
Here is the marriage record (in Russian) of Jan Latecki and Julja Dabrowska, Akt #64 in 1911 in Lublin. The church is Sw. Agnieszka.
Best regards,
Sophia

record-image_(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  317.93 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_(2).jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:01 pm      Post subject:

Here is the death record of Jan Latecki, also from Lublin but this time Sw. Mikolaj.
Akt #23 in 1938. Written in Polish.

record-image_(3).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  279.99 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_(3).jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: